Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Petition To Bring Back Lavar

RiggoReincarnated

He is gone and I am glad of it!! He "was with us through the good and bad times" huh, I wonder if someone would stay at McDonalds if they were paid boocoo money to run their mouth and sit on the bench 50% of the time. I better include being a beneficiary of other great defensive players that caught people' attention. The question is: Do we trust Joe Gibbs or arrington?

The Mods should ban the word Lavar from this site. You guys need to get over it. Players come and go. Lavar has gone. It's time for you to find a new favorite player.

Sorry, but it's the truth.

I personally vote for his return (even though it may be a futile hope) .... none the less --- > :eaglesuck and we will hammer the eagles in '06

Thats like taking an EX WIFE back. good riddens

Hi Everyone,

As a diehard Redskin fan, I see the void on our defense without Lavar Arrington. Being that he was released solely based on male ego clashes with the front office, I think we as fans should petition the coaching staff and front office to resign him.

The mans heart and soul is with the Redskins. That is why its taking him so long to sign with any other team. Its time for Gibbs and Cerrato to meet with Lavar and mend the fence.

I feel that if enough fans voice support for this, it is likely to happen. After all, we pay Snyder, who pays the bills.

Can you blame him? He was basically blackballed by the FO, and given no reassurances that he wouldn't be a June 1st cut even if he agreed to restructure.

He was benched for Warrick Holdman for the first 6 games, don't tell me that wasn't personal.

You're damn right I can blame him, he started all the crap when he shot his mouth of to the media about the coaching staff mis-handling his injury. Pushing him back into the game too soon and then not putting out daily reports on his condition PLEEEASE!!!! Then after they found out he had a bone bruise, they didn't rush him back in this past season. But eventually they did and he started preforming again. I miss LaVar on the team, but he's NOT bigger than the team. Remember his interview after the Seahawks game ? How he soooo wanted to stay with the Skins and that he would do what ever it took to stay.That was short lived!!!! NOW how about the money dispute? he sided with his idiot agent who couldn't read a contract and blamed the FO for money he was never even offered.

I'm not sure about this, but if he restuctured his contract wouldn't he be given a signing Bonus up front? If that's the case why would they cut him 6/1/06 ?

hey buddy, exactly how many games did he lead in tackles, yea thats what i though,.

He led the team in 3 games.

49ers

Eagles

Playoff game in Tampa

Sounds like a "number of games" to me.......buddy.

he milked a thigh bruise for 6 games how about that stat.

You mean the same guy who worked his butt off to get back and help a losing team in 2004? You talking about that guy?

he was never an all-pro! believe it or not the NFL tries to throw players into the pro-bowl games from every team. lavar went cause we had noone better.

Yeah riiiiiiiggggttttt.

Keep telling yourself that. The guy STARTS 3 Pro Bowls but in reality he stunk, the NFL just didn't have anyone better. Do realize how stupid that sounds?

A few important points to think about before you starting looking at LaVar coming back.

1. He didn't sit the bench because GW didn't like him, he sat the bench because he wanted to play his way NOT GW's way.

2. Yes he is a easy top 5 LB in the league (probably a top 3) but it all went to his head. If you want to be on a SB winning team, you need to work together with the team, to include coaches and management, something he can't do.

3. He gave up a little over $4 mil to leave, making it obvious he has NO INTENTION on playing on our team.

4. Great players with bad attitudes = bad outcome for a team in general.

I am a fan of LaVar as a player, I wish him the best of luck where ever he goes, but he had chance after chance to get with the program with Gregg Williams, and he decided not, he made it clear that he is no longer a team player, let him, like all other people, learn from his mistakes as he is sitting at home next January watching the Redskins win the super bowl.:cheers:

Hi Everyone,

As a diehard Redskin fan, I see the void on our defense without Lavar Arrington. Being that he was released solely based on male ego clashes with the front office, I think we as fans should petition the coaching staff and front office to resign him.

The mans heart and soul is with the Redskins. That is why its taking him so long to sign with any other team. Its time for Gibbs and Cerrato to meet with Lavar and mend the fence.

I feel that if enough fans voice support for this, it is likely to happen. After all, we pay Snyder, who pays the bills.

Nice thought, but all the money has gone to Archuleta and Randle El for some reason!!!!!

Let me think this out loud.................Randle El 11 million signing bonus?????

Archuleta the highest paid safety?????????????????????

Good Grief!!!!!!

']I thought this was an April Fools' thread. To my dismay' date=' it isn't.

Can we please move on to a more productive field of discussion, these posts litter the boards. I feel like I'm reading my email, skipping over LaVar threads like they were penis enhancement scams.[/quote']

Than Don't enter on ANY of those threads!!! Simply GO to a thread with more productive dicussions.

As for your E-mails, What NO filters? The thing is to NEVER open one of those enhancement E-mails. :doh:

Hi Everyone,

The second I saw diehard Redskins fan, then looked up at the title of this thread, I figured this dead horse was buried for good....

Then I heard Vincent Price's rap from "Thriller"

DING! DING! DING!!!!

We have a winner. :cheers:

Man, it's not about one guy with this defense .. It appears to me that Gregg Williams always know how to plug holes where they need to be filled. This defense will be just fine they played well with out him in the games he was sitting on the bench..

MonkArt:

I am typically not the person who will say "this is stupid, let's talk about something else." I will passionately argue about which brand of toilet paper I like if it occurs to me. However, when you have to sift through thirty people all saying the same thing to find some new ideas, and you have to do that on a daily basis, and you have to do that, literally, for years, about the same damn guy, it starts to wear on you. Yes, I realize now that I was not helping the situation with what I said. But I do not regret my words. LaVar Arrington can take a leap for all I care at this point, and it's partly due to the oversaturation of LaVar topics on this very board. At one point I almost stopped reading this forum it got so ridiculous.

So, fine. I won't bash any more LaVar posters, it's counterproductive. I do think that twenty disparate threads about the same thing is the biggest problem with this board, though, and it's the main reason I didn't post for years after I found it. One voice is lost so easily in this sea of testosterone.

It's still the best message board on the Interweb (honestly), and I come here first for all Skins-related info, but this one problem can really be a headache sometimes. I know the staff is working on it.

As far as not clicking the ads the first time, what can I say. Somehow they figured out I have a small johnson. :(

Man, it's not about one guy with this defense .. It appears to me that Gregg Williams always know how to plug holes where they need to be filled. This defense will be just fine they played well with out him in the games he was sitting on the bench..

Did they? I could've sworn that teams ran on highighway Holdman at will.

Archived