Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Emotion Invoking Symbols

gchwood

Wow the pics of the Arizona Mermorial really got me welled up. My grandfather and grandmother were stationed there during pearl harbor, both obliviously survived, and but man the way that ship went down, with all of those people....

sometimes other alternatives work only for one side. for instance lets take our own current war on teror into acount here. if we wanted diplomacy with osama bin laden he would laugh at us, call us weak and take adavantage of the situation.

sometimes war is not an option. would you say if you lived before and imidiately after WWII that there was any other option to fighting the japs and krauts? in fact looking back on WWII now, would you say there was any other option?

Our fight was not really against the Germans, as we were only provoked by the Japs. That being said all the other alternatives had been exhausted before war was enacted.

Not trying to create a political thread, My support of the war in Iraq is from I beleive that we did everything we could diplomatically prior to attacking. Again I say this to address the point not to create a political debate

Hardest arguement i've ever had to make is that i do not believe in 'necessary wars' and then have to discuss WWII. It ain't easy, but i sure do love to argue. :D
I think maybe you were thinking of Ulysses S. Grant who said "I have never advocated war except as a means of peace."

Our fight was not really against the Germans, as we were only provoked by the Japs. That being said all the other alternatives had been exhausted before war was enacted.

Not trying to create a political thread, My support of the war in Iraq is from I beleive that we did everything we could diplomatically prior to attacking. Again I say this to address the point not to create a political debate

Ah yes but the Tripartite Pact was in play...

We should have a thread to discuss history, like WWII. I love reading about it and studied it quite a lot in my youth.:D

I was a little surprised at how choked up I got when I visited the AZ Memorial

I can agree with this 100%. I was fortunate enough to go to Oahu in 97 when my g/f lived there. She took me all over the island and we went to see the memorial. I was amazed at how emotional I was. Especially having no direct ties via family, etc. And the feeling there...I can't even explain it...

Archived