Extremeskins

Favorite 5 Live Albums

21KO

Mental Jewelry

Secret Samadhi

The Distance to Here

Throwing Copper

V

I'm surprised that someone knows enough about Live to rank their 5 best albums. Actually, I'm surprised that Live existed for long enough to release 5 albums. I mean Live that's "I Alone," "All Over You," and of course, "Lightning Crashes." Who would have thought 5 albums.

I'm surprised that someone knows enough about Live to rank their 5 best albums. Actually, I'm surprised that Live existed for long enough to release 5 albums. I mean Live that's "I Alone," "All Over You," and of course, "Lightning Crashes." Who would have thought 5 albums.

Live actually had a hit just a couple of years ago. "Heaven"

Pretty good song.

Live, IMO, are a decent band, not great. Throwing Copper is without question thieir best album. It's a staple of the grunge era. Just like the band Fuel. Live do have a loyal following. Secret Samadhi with "Lakini's Juice", and The Distance to Here, with "The Dolphin's Cry" are probably the best of the rest from Live.

I won't lie, I had to go to Amazon to complete the list. (I once owned Mental Jewelry and Throwing Copper)

and thanks for that comment 21KO:laugh:

1. Allman Brothers Band Live at the Fillmore East

2. Welcome Back My Friends to the Show that Never Ends - Emerson, Lake and Palmer

3. YesSongs - Yes

4. Wishbone Ash Live WishBone Ash

5. PRESS THE EJECT AND GIVE ME THE TAPE - Bauhaus

Queensryche - Operation Livecrime

Kiss - Alive

Iron Maiden - Live After Death

Led Zep - TIE- The Song Remains The Same/The BBC Sessions

Ozzy/Randy - Tribute

Honorable Mention

Metallica - S&M—Live with Michael Kamen and the San Francisco Orchestra

Wow! I wouldn't change a thing...good call TK.....

Oh, i forgot one (can't believe i forgot this one :doh: ):

2b983146-98d6-4c25-b039-cea3e03e398f_094012002428_800.jpg

If you are even remotely a fan of folk (or for that matter stand-up comedy) i STRONGLY suggest checking this CD out. Todd tells funny stories between songs that have some of the best lyrics since late 60s Dylan. :)

Bah! Can't believe I forgot about Live at Folsom Prison -- awesome friggin' album.
its definitely up there on my list :applause:

j cash was the man

I feel it is the live album all other live albums should be measured against. Not because of its quality but because of when it was released. Plus, it was such a spit in the face of 'the man'.

RIP Johnny Cash.

Wow! I wouldn't change a thing...good call TK.....

I need to add one more. I ****ing believe I left out the one that started the whole 'Unplugged' phase.

TESLA - Five Man Acoustical Jam

Miles Davis - Live Evil

Anthony Braxton - Quartet (Dortmund) 1976

Frank Zappa - Roxy and Elsewhere

Charles Mingus - Live at Antibes

John Coltrane - Live at Birdland

I do dig the recent Led Zep releases and the Johnny Cash at Folsom too, but these are the five I'd choose today (the Trane and Miles would always be on any top five of mine).

Archived