Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moulds to Houston

JMac

Until they fix their OLine they will do nothing. Carr is running for his life. Instead of picking Bush they should pick Ferguson. But they won't.

Kubiak will install zone blocking like they used in Denver and has already said he will move Carr around in the pocket like he with Jake in Denver.

He's not signed yet...his agent has no credibility...he tells everyone what they want to hear.

Are the Eagles really unable to cough up that fair sum of money?

I guess TO is still leaving a bad taste in their mouths.

http://houstonchronicle.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/3760975.html

March 31, 2006, 1:39AM

Texans close to deal for receiver Moulds

Compensation to Bills remains negotiating point

By MEGAN MANFULL

Copyright 2006 Houston Chronicle

After days of negotiations, the Texans are close to finalizing a trade that will land Buffalo Bills wide receiver Eric Moulds.

The Texans have agreed to pay Moulds $14 million over four years in a deal that includes a $5 million signing bonus.

The only part of the deal that has yet to be finalized is what the Texans will give the Bills as compensation. The Texans are offering a fifth-round draft pick. The Bills are asking for a fourth-round pick.

Moulds will arrive in town Monday to meet with Texans officials. He is projected to become the Texans' No. 2 receiver and start opposite Andre Johnson.

"We are excited for this opportunity, and Eric is ecstatic about playing opposite of Andre Johnson," said Greg Johnson, Moulds' agent. "We'd be overstepping our bounds if we said it's just about dotting the i's and crossing the t's.

"It's not that close to being done, but we are very excited."

It is interesting that Philly fans are talking up thier team for being in pursiut of Molds as I took this off a philly paper, it doesn't seem like Housten pipped Philly to the post it seems that the Eagles FO didn't even know there was a race on. Makes me think though many free agents slip the Redskins in as a possible destination to hype up thier value becaue we are perceived to overpay I wonder if it works in reverse.

http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/sports/14227477.htm

A report that the Eagles were one of two teams possibly closing in on a deal with the Buffalo Bills for wide receiver Eric Moulds is incorrect, a league source said yesterday.

ESPN.com reported that "the Texans and Eagles appear to have the lead, and both teams are expecting quick decisions." The league source said the Eagles have not had any trade discussions for Moulds.

Oh, and for the record, I would love the Eagles to get either.

Short term = I like Moulds

Long term = I like Walker

Im sure you would and it would be a great addition but from the looks of things they won't get either.

Don't they have enough cap to offer both huge contracts? If I was an Eagle fan I would have to be scratching my head right now.WTF are they doing?

T Owens on philly= deadly combo (Mcnabb)

T Owens on Dallas= LOL (Drew Bledsoe)

Well, ESPN is now reporting this:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2391714

The Houston Texans appear only days away from addressing a longtime priority, acquiring a veteran wide receiver to complement the skills of emerging star Andre Johnson, and of adding another proven target for beleaguered quarterback David Carr.

Sources confirmed that the Texans have reached an agreement in principle with Buffalo Bills wide receiver Eric Moulds on a four-year contract believed to be worth $14 million. The agreement, first reported by The Houston Chronicle, is said to include a $5 million signing bonus. The deal is believed to be similar to the four-year, $14 million contract that free agent Keyshawn Johnson signed with Carolina last week.

Well, ESPN is now reporting this:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2391714

I think it's more than obvious the Eagles aren't going to get Moulds. It's almost like they weren't even interested. Houseman has been saying to forget about Moulds because he's more than likely going to the Texans.

On the flipside Spuds has also been saying (and so has Burger King) that the Eagles are eyeing another WR and another back but they won't say who. Eskin on his show hinted that the back might be TJ Duckett. Sounds kind of fishy to me.

I think it's more than obvious the Eagles aren't going to get Moulds. It's almost like they weren't even interested. Houseman has been saying to forget about Moulds because he's more than likely going to the Texans.

On the flipside Spuds has also been saying (and so has Burger King) that the Eagles are eyeing another WR and another back but they won't say who. Eskin on his show hinted that the back might be TJ Duckett. Sounds kind of fishy to me.

Hmmm...Duckett could be a valuable pickup. I think he's never had the opportunity to shine in ATL with Dunn there. If they do pick him up, do you think it could be suggesting a shift in the paradigm for Reid? Maybe switching to a more run-first offense? That's the kind of offense TJ is suited for, imo.

As far as receiver, maybe they mean Walker? :whoknows:

Hmmm...Duckett could be a valuable pickup. I think he's never had the opportunity to shine in ATL with Dunn there. If they do pick him up, do you think it could be suggesting a shift in the paradigm for Reid? Maybe switching to a more run-first offense? That's the kind of offense TJ is suited for, imo.

As far as receiver, maybe they mean Walker? :whoknows:

I would love to see TJ Duckett as an Eagle. He's the type of back the Eagles need to compliment with Westbrook and Moats. Andy loves the smaller, scat back types but we need someone who can pound it up the middle on third downs. Get the tough yards. That's been lacking since Duce left.

As far as Reid running more. That's never going to happen. Reid is pass happy and he always will be. I didn't have a problem with it until last year. When McNabb was hurt we still threw the ball over 70 percent of the time. Thats outrageous. It was like he was trying to get McNabb killed out there. He needs to run more. If he keeps up this pace McNabb will be finished before the season is over. I worry about that. The Eagles go as McNabb goes.

We can only hope it's Walker. If Walker became an Eagle that automatically makes our offense a real threat. McNabb throwing to Walker, Brown, and Westy? That's dangerous as hell.

Duckett sucks. God, help us.

I'll say this. Duckett is better than Buckhalter (who is injured almost every damn year). The only person who might be better than Duckett is Thomas Tapeh but he's coming off a serious hip injury. If he can contribute then I wouldn't mind. I just hope he's fully healed from that injury. I've read those are pretty serious.

That's not happening.:(

Stay strong, E78. Maybe Banner and friends will surprise us on this one. If Houseman and Eskin (the Houseman of the airwaves) are saying they are eyeing another receiver then something has to give.

If you're religious kneel next your bed every night and pray to the lord for Walker and a Lombardi.

Duckett sucks. God, help us.

Duckett would be good in a limited role for you. He's not a starting back, and probably should never be. But as a change of pace, 3rd and short back, you're not gonna much better than that. Is he a season changer or even a game changer? No. But he would be a good pickup for you, probably at a fairly reasonable price.

Stay strong, E78. Maybe Banner and friends will surprise us on this one. If Houseman and Eskin (the Houseman of the airwaves) are saying they are eyeing another receiver then something has to give.

If you're religious kneel next your bed every night and pray to the lord for Walker and a Lombardi.

God must not be an Eagles fan because something would of had to give by now :laugh:

duckett would be a good fit for them.. but i do not think atlanta is giving up onhim as of yet.

they just have to hope that len dale white falls to them.. that is the answer.

not sure what other receiver is even available by trade. maybe they can pry rogers away from detroit?

I'll say this. Duckett is better than Buckhalter (who is injured almost every damn year). The only person who might be better than Duckett is Thomas Tapeh but he's coming off a serious hip injury. If he can contribute then I wouldn't mind. I just hope he's fully healed from that injury. I've read those are pretty serious.

so sorry. duplicate and i cannot get the edit function to delete it...my apologies to all

tapeh is coming off a dislocated hip.. that is what finished bo jackson...

buckhalter is a walking IR list.. far too brittle for the nfl..

so sorry.. duplicate and i cannot delete it.. my apologies to all

The Eagles haven't had a reliable short yardage back since Levens. The first time around.

Every time it was second and short, third and short, they could rely on Levens.

Last few years they haven't had that, and IMO, that is the biggest piece missing.

It is now official:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2396697

The Bills and Houston Texans have worked out their trade and informed Eric Moulds that he is going to the Texans.

The timing was perfect because Moulds was already in Houston. He reached an agreement on a four-year, $14 million contract that includes a $5 million signing. Terms of the trade weren't known but it is believed to a second day draft choice, either a fourth- or a fifth round in 2006.

Moulds decided last week that he preferred to go to Houston instead of the Philadelphia Eagles. He worked out a contractual agreement with the Texans and then awaited the trade.

Archived