Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Roy Williams just made 3rd string

Redskinswin

Doesnt change the fact he wasnt penalized ONCE for the rule created because of him.

And the article only mentions the tackle already outlawed.

No mention of him relating to this new rule.

Remember your ever so sad performance in DC last year. Remember Roy riding Portis out of bounds because he had a death grip on the top of his jersey. Which caused Portis to buckle 5 yds out of bounds (no flag) and he didn't get up as they cut to commercial (which is when I started having chest pains). That is what they changed

Remember your ever so sad performance in DC last year. Remember Roy riding Portis out of bounds because he had a death grip on the top of his jersey. Which caused Portis to buckle 5 yds out of bounds (no flag) and he didn't get up as they cut to commercial (which is when I started having chest pains). That is what they changed

I didnt see any mention of that in the article.

I also didnt see Roy Williams named in connection with the expansion of the 'horse collar' rule either.

HeHateMe, your rationalizations are riddiculous

Ironically the play that really brought about this rule in the first place was the horse collar tackle on TO

Since it is now expanded to jersey's (and he got Portis by the jersey real good in the 2nd quarter of the December 17th game, causing CP to twist his ankle) you are gonna see RW called for it far more, or a lot more long runs against you guys

Pick your poison buddy

Really? How so?

Number one, because almost two years ago I tried to register with your name, and I was denied BECAUSE OF YOU!!!!! I wanted that tag. :)

Number two, how many players are mentioned in that article regarding the horse tackle? One? And btw, unless you're blind, you cannot argue that he was grabbing the back of the jersey a LOT last year. I used to argue for his case and say he grabbed the jersey and not the shoulder pads. Apparently, owners noticed, and are doing something about it.

As far as being pwned, maybe you were, maybe you weren't. I'm just embarassed that at my age I actually typed that..... :doh:

I didnt see any mention of that in the article.

I also didnt see Roy Williams named in connection with the expansion of the 'horse collar' rule either.

Your right he was called out specifically when they origionally invented the rule but they effed up the way they called it (having to grab the pads and pull the player back into your body). The owners all saw that you can still injure somebody by only grabbing the jersey so they did the right thing to protect their offensive players and they changed the rule.

I saw him tackle at least 3 players last year by grabbing the jersey only... Now its gonna be a personal foul... 15 yds FIRST DOWN

Oh yeah you probably have a little mental block with that ass whooping in DC. ;)

HeHateMe, your rationalizations are riddiculous

Ironically the play that really brought about this rule in the first place was the horse collar tackle on TO

Since it is now expanded to jersey's (and he got Portis by the jersey real good in the 2nd quarter of the December 17th game, causing CP to twist his ankle) you are gonna see RW called for it far more, or a lot more long runs against you guys

Pick your poison buddy

First, Williams was one of MANY defenders this past season that grabbed the jersey from behind.

Sure I saw Williams do it.

But I also saw dozens of other players do it on a weekly basis.

Yes, the "horse collar" rule was mostly based on the T.O. injury because of T.O.'s status at the time. But he injured other players with it too. A lot worse than T.O. (See Musa Smith).

Whether it was right or wrong, it was legal at the time. And Williams was NOT the only one that used that type of tackle. It just happened to be that it injured a marque player and it had to be addressed.

So it was then outlawed.

And Williams wasnt penalized for it once last season.

But MANY players tackled from behind by grabbing the jersey. Williams was one of those many, yes. But he wasnt even close to being alone.

It comes down to this.

While Williams may get called for it next season, especially since they are looking for it more closely, I'd be willing to bet a Redskin will get called for it too at some point.

And a player on every team will probably get nailed as well at some point.

And theres not really a poison to pick.

If Williams does commit the penalty and it saves a sure TD, well, I think I'd be just fine with the 15 yard hit.

Number one, because almost two years ago I tried to register with your name, and I was denied BECAUSE OF YOU!!!!! I wanted that tag. :)

Number two, how many players are mentioned in that article regarding the horse tackle? One? And btw, unless you're blind, you cannot argue that he was grabbing the back of the jersey a LOT last year. I used to argue for his case and say he grabbed the jersey and not the shoulder pads. Apparently, owners noticed, and are doing something about it.

As far as being pwned, maybe you were, maybe you weren't. I'm just embarassed that at my age I actually typed that..... :doh:

Hey, this has been my tag for a while. On this board and CZ.com.

What can I say? You have some great taste, but only in "tags". :laugh:

And there werent any other players mentioned. Just Williams. But he was only mentioned in connection with the 'horse collar' tackle from last season.

The grabbing the jersey from behind was done all over the league last season.

Probably why Williams wasnt specifically pointed out.

And I guess I can let the "owned" thing slide. I too am a little embarrassed for you that you used that term at your age. ;)

Your right he was called out specifically when they origionally invented the rule but they effed up the way they called it (having to grab the pads and pull the player back into your body). The owners all saw that you can still injure somebody by only grabbing the jersey so they did the right thing to protect their offensive players and they changed the rule.

I saw him tackle at least 3 players last year by grabbing the jersey only... Now its gonna be a personal foul... 15 yds FIRST DOWN

Oh yeah you probably have a little mental block with that ass whooping in DC. ;)

Again, they didnt specifically point out Williams with the jersey grabbing because so many different players committed that type of tackle last season.

They knew the 'horse collar' was banned, so they did the next best thing.

And if you saw Williams do it 3 times last season, I saw at least 20 different players do it against Dallas last season with no call.

It's next on the list. They're putting the final touches on their policy concerning Texas Stadium sideline caine slangin'. It's very comprehensive and may even include a ban on snortng! The times they are-a changin.

Over-used tired OLD Cowboys jokes based on a few players. It never goes out of style. Original! Nice work.

I am REALLY getting sick of the Roy Williams bashing on this board.

Please, just let me know when Sean Taylor makes a pro bowl. That is all I ask. Then maybe your oppinions on Safety play will mean something.

To the uneducated blathering nothings....consider yourself educated.

http://www.bnbathletics.com/cowboysvids/roywilliams-boom.avi

Keep in mind that this video is a couple of years old and could be exponentially longer with great plays.

:cheers:

BTW,

what a pansy league the NFL is turning into.

I believe it was Bill Cowher today who said," Before long, we might as well be playing flag football." I agree with him.

Football is supposed to be dangerous. It is supposed to be played by the baddest of the bad. If tackling someone by the jersey is considered dangerous.....oh my.

How silly. I totally understand the original Horse Collar rule that stated violently jerking the player back by it and even using body weight on players legs. That is all understandable.

But if they start calling fouls everytime someone is tackled by their jersey, what a joke it is going to turn into. Ask Earl Campbell about getting his jersey tugged.

I am REALLY getting sick of the Roy Williams bashing on this board.

Please, just let me know when Sean Taylor makes a pro bowl. That is all I ask. Then maybe your oppinions on Safety play will mean something.

To the uneducated blathering nothings....consider yourself educated.

http://www.bnbathletics.com/cowboysvids/roywilliams-boom.avi

Keep in mind that this video is a couple of years old and could be exponentially longer with great plays.

:cheers:

If you're getting sick of it then stop coming here...but that won't happen. Ok i'll let you know when Taylor makes the pro bowl. In return you let me know when making the pro bowl means something more than a popularity contest

If you're getting sick of it then stop coming here...but that won't happen. Ok i'll let you know when Taylor makes the pro bowl. In return you let me know when making the pro bowl means something more than a popularity contest

Maybe if Sean Taylor did something noteworthy on th field, he would be more popular?

Here's some highlights from this year......some really good Redskin Highlights that you don't see around here much too.. :cheers:

http://www.bnbathletics.com/cowboysvids/boys05-defensehighlights-tek2000.avi

C'mon J-Bird.. I see the posts around here predicting what skins will or should make the pro-bowl or who got snubbed. It can't just be a popularity contest for Roy Williams but a badge of honor for Santana and Samuels. Let's be consistent!

Maybe if Sean Taylor did something noteworthy on th field, he would be more popular?

Here's some highlights from this year......some really good Redskin Highlights that you don't see around here much too.. :cheers:

http://www.bnbathletics.com/cowboysvids/boys05-defensehighlights-tek2000.avi

So when destroyed Crayton (fumble :mad: ) who had a first down late in a 1 point game. That was nothing. :rolleyes:

Oh and when he sealed a win in Arizona by punking JJ Arrington to fall to the ground on a 4th down play giving us the ball and the game. But your right ST doesn't make plays. :rolleyes:

Thank God he's fast though...

Kinda like when he put the Philly game away? Or maybe when he scored a touchdown in the playoffs, which RW was watching on TV? Do those count? I'll bet any Cowboy fan right now that barring injury (and jail :silly: ), Sean Taylor makes the pro-bowl next season.

C'mon J-Bird.. I see the posts around here predicting what skins will or should make the pro-bowl or who got snubbed. It can't just be a popularity contest for Roy Williams but a badge of honor for Santana and Samuels. Let's be consistent!

I never said anything showing that I wasn't consistent. Pro Bowl is mainly a popularity contest. Santana gained popularity with his breakout season so that was a major factor in him getting voted I think. The Pro Bowl used to be considered a badge of honor but it's anything but that now. I could care less if Taylor or any skins don't make it as long as they produce for the team and get the W's

Over-used tired OLD Cowboys jokes based on a few players. It never goes out of style. Original! Nice work.

Thanks! Cowboys fans need to be reminded occasionally of their legacy. And the great thing about it is, every few years it recycles itself. It was only two years ago that your STARTING QB threw his name on the pile. Hmm, this could inspire a nice thread.

Has there recently or ever been a Dallas Cowboy/Cocaine "Dead Pool" type of thread? A "guess the next current/former player to throw away his future/dishonor the league" type of thing. It could be fun cause you just know, somebody's number is comin' up soon...it's simply who they are!

Archived