Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Clinton Portis Flying like a kite...

Rdskn4Lyf21

I just watched in on Redskins.com. They have highlights from every game last year.

Clinton grabbed on to Sellers to keep his balance. Sellers pulled him for a few yards, and then Clinton accellerated off the pull into the endzone.

Great play by both Sellers and Portis. BUT Portis was not flying through the air because of it. Think of the physics involved here. Do you know how fast Sellers would have to be going, and how strong Clinton's grip would have to be to get a kite-like flying effect?

Great play, but let's be real.

Are you seriously pursuing this? Wow.... just wow.

haha....just tryin to get a good pic....

I didn't mean you. It's cool you're looking for a pic and I think your title fits. I was talking to WallyG. I seriously can't believe he's trying to argue the semantics of this thread title. So Clinton wasn't literally flying in the air in Warner Brothers cartoonesque manner. If an game annoucer says, "that ball was shot out of a cannon," do you sit at home arguing with the television that there was no actual cannon on the field?

Are you seriously pursuing this? Wow.... just wow.

If you take a stance on anything and somebody challenges you, you should backup your position with substance. Otherwise your argument holds no water - something a lot of posters don't get. It's much better than the hit-and-run.

If you take a stance on anything and somebody challenges you, you should backup your position with substance. Otherwise your argument holds no water - something a lot of posters don't get. It's much better than the hit-and-run.

There is no reason why what I said needs any clarification, illucidation, illumination, explication, or any further justification and it only requires very minor interpretation.

A one line response to convey in its simplicity the salient lack of sapience in the steps you are pursuing in the statements you have spoken.

There is no reason why what I said needs any clarification, illucidation, illumination, explication, or any further justification and it only requires very minor interpretation.

A one line response to convey in its simplicity the salient lack of sapience in the steps you are pursuing in the statements you have spoken.

:laugh: Thank you Jesse Jackson. :laugh:

Sorry, I wasn't saying YOU should back up your argument. I was explaining why I was going on about the whole kite and flying thing.

Nice work though.

You guys certainly know how to make a mole hill out of knat's do-do ... he grabbed Mike's jersey in a nanosecond of instinctive reaction and and by so doing was dragged for at least ten yards whereupon the ensuing momemtum launched him into the end zone. The laws of physics were suspended! It will never happan again ... enjoy!

It's really an awesome athletic play. You can see in the .gif that Portis has to jump over two Cardinal defenders, and he takes a flanking hit from one of them. So in order to not lose his balance, he rights himself with Sellers' jersey. Just great instincts.

portisaztd23vi.gif

Thanks for posting this, bobz.

I can't believe i'm actually responding to some of the comments that were made here lol. I guess Im just as whacked as the rest of ya;)

Add one more vote for Kite action here!

The kite action was more of his arm yanking like when you yank on a kite string. It was not akin to clinton flying in a horizontal position.

I guess some of us watch too much Looney Tunes. :doh:

Word-Of-The-Day Toilet Paper? NICE!:laugh:

Archived