Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Clinton Portis Flying like a kite...

Rdskn4Lyf21

Hey,

I cant remember which game it was last year :doh: , but Clinton was making a run to the endzone and I think he grabbed the back of Sellers jersey and held on like a kite for the last 5-10 yards...it was awesome to see :applause: ...DOES NE1 HAVE A PIC OF THIS! please let me know! If you can remember the game, whose jersey, anything will help. Thanks:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

Hey,

I cant remember which game it was last year :doh: , but Clinton was making a run to the endzone and I think he grabbed the back of Sellers jersey and held on like a kite for the last 5-10 yards...it was awesome to see :applause: ...DOES NE1 HAVE A PIC OF THIS! please let me know! If you can remember the game, whose jersey, anything will help. Thanks:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

i think it was against the broncos.

i have a pic that i took at the game, its not a very good one of grabbing the jersey tho. i will post it up for you. i think i have seen a better pic of it somewhere tho. maybe do a search for game pics and look at the ES pics from that game.

It was the Skins first drive in the 2nd half ... they were down 10-3 ... Brunell drove the field with one pass to Cooley and then Portis pounding it to the the Cards 30 ... Brunell threw a screen to Moss, but Adrian Wilson was called for a 15 yd. face mask when he tackled Santana. On the next play, Portis took the handoff and went to the right following Sellers ... Royal sealed and Jansen pulled and kicked out the corner back ... Portis followed Sellers through the gap GRABBING HIS JERSEY at about the 13 yd line and rode into the end zone off Sellers right hip like a parasail... he didn't let go until he was virtually across the goalline ... what a beautiful play!

It was the Skins first drive in the 2nd half ... they were down 10-3 ... Brunell drove the field with one pass to Cooley and then Portis pounding it to the the Cards 30 ... Brunell threw a screen to Moss, but Adrian Wilson was called for a 15 yd. face mask when he tackled Santana. On the next play, Portis took the handoff and went to the right following Sellers ... Royal sealed and Jansen pulled and kicked out the corner back ... Portis followed Sellers through the gap GRABBING HIS JERSEY at about the 13 yd line and rode into the end zone off Sellers right hip like a parasail... he didn't let go until he was virtually across the goalline ... what a beautiful play!

thats a good memory for being 56....

No respect for the elderly and wise. :silly:

He has probably watched so much football he cant get it out of his head.

If you think 56 is old then you'll be dead at 46....no I'm 37 in Nov. And the best act on the flying trampezee was the game against Green Bay @FEDEDEX in 04 when he literally took off /leaped from the 5 yd line and scored, Thrash was in motion or too close to the line...whatever and they called it back.

Dude, what are you talking about?!? Portis was flying through the air, and if he hadn't grabbed onto Sellers' jersey, he probably would have just flown away someplace.

Yes, he grabbed on to Sellers to get in the endzone, and would not have made it on that play otherwise. It was a great play.

At no time was he flying through the air because of his grip on Sellers.

Flying like a kit is exaggerating.

I just watched in on Redskins.com. They have highlights from every game last year.

Clinton grabbed on to Sellers to keep his balance. Sellers pulled him for a few yards, and then Clinton accellerated off the pull into the endzone.

Great play by both Sellers and Portis. BUT Portis was not flying through the air because of it. Think of the physics involved here. Do you know how fast Sellers would have to be going, and how strong Clinton's grip would have to be to get a kite-like flying effect?

Great play, but let's be real.

Archived