Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

jason campbell Play vs no play '06

skinsrule88

I think even if Brunell struggles in preseason Gibbs will go with him. Gibbs understands that it may take him some time to develop a rhythm with the new receivers, as well as adjust to a new OC. Unless Brunell is injured or ages quickly over the offseason, he will be our opening day starter.

I'd rather not delay the inevitable. JC is the QB of the future, so let's move forward with him now. We all know that MB will either get injured or tire out by about week 13 or so. At that point, inserting JC would be awful timing, seeing as how the rest of the team will have jelled by that point. Put him in now. Let him make his mistakes. But also let him learn in the game, at game speed and develop some rhythm and timing with our new receiver corps.

*my 100th post, woohoo!

jason campbell has been a redskin for a year and has had no playing tome during his first season, do u think he will play next season maybe even possibly start?

Only if Brunnel and Collins both get hurt and/or the season is dead with 3 or 4 games to play.

I'm hoping he gets a chance to compete for the job in camp and preseason. It would be the best case scenerio that he be ready. Brunell would then slide to number 2 where he is much better suited at this point in his career. If Brunell starts the year it will take a tremendous year by our offensive line and a ton of luck to keep him healthy and effective for an entire season. One little nick seems to take Brunell from a quality QB to Danny Wuerfel.

jason campbell has been a redskin for a year and has had no playing tome during his first season, do u think he will play next season maybe even possibly start?

I believe that he will ride the pine unless Brunell gets hurt or we are eliminated from playoff contention. At that time he will start the rest of the season.

Archived