Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins coach goes extra mile for his players

CapitalDefense

I am sure this was probably posted, maybe even months ago, its was printed Jan 06 but I just came across it. Wonderful article, gets me pumped......

“I don’t know anybody in professional sports who’s done more in team-building skills than he has in two of the most popular team sports out there,” assistant head coach Gregg Williams said. “People trust him because they know he truly cares about them.”

“He’s the father who allows his children to grow up,” Williams said. “But if you cross the line, you don’t want to see the stern Joe Gibbs. There have been some people behind the scenes the last two years who have seen the stern Joe Gibbs. Not pretty.”

http://home.hamptonroads.com/stories/story.cfm?story=98409&ran=249145

We've had that before, but, it's so good, it's worth a repetitive post :).

Gibbs is an amazing man. At Dallas I introduced myself as being from ExtremeSkins in that we just had a fan chat with him. He was walking away but when he heard who I was he stopped and thanked me/us. He told me he appreciated everything we did and really seemed to care.

Later in the year after the Rams game he was walking out and I caught his attention with a, "Good win coach." And he immediately recognized me, shook my hand and seemed really to appreciate that we appreciated him and the team. He's a special coach because he's such a good man.

One other thing about this article. I'll guess that this thread PLUS the one already on it this board has had will have fewer responses and hits than a typical bashing piece. Meaning, one reason the media does what it does is because it spurs interest. Something like this should spur the same passions and interest so that the media can start focusing on THE audience that wants this.

Probably dreaming there :).

I remember being at Redskins Park the early morning when the Redskins came back from Seattle. The wind was blowing so hard it blew over a portapotty. Coach came out and signed for everyone then towards the end Joe Salave'a came out of his SUV and signed also. It was so so cold that night. Coach Gibbs is a class act.

I think you're onto something there. Sadly, our culture focuses on what's bad and what's wrong with the world instead of what's good. They just print what will sell and in our times that's negativity.

“But if you cross the line, you don’t want to see the stern Joe Gibbs."

When I seen this I started laughing.....

When he first came back this time, ESPN showed an interview that Joe Gibbs done back in his first few years with the team. I do not remember who the guy doing the interview was but he ask Gibbs something like "some people think you should have done this" Gibbs stopped him before he finished the question and shouted "WHO." "Who said it, I want to know!!!!"

Well the reporter practically folded under the pressure " UH........ummmmm""

It was funny because I never knew Joe Gibbs ever got that upset.:laugh: stern:laugh:

LOL- I started a thread called Positives from the Press and predicted it would be one of the shortest ever.

It was. :laugh:

Archived