Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Antwaan Randle-El back to #82?

xCHIEFx

Antwaan Randle-El is now listed as #82 on Redskins.com: http://www.redskins.com/team/profile.jsp?id=197

This is my first post after months of browsing. I would just like to give my opinion about our receiving core:

I have heard a lot of people saying positive things about Randle-El and many people are worried about Brandon Lloyd. I have the complete opposite view.

Randle-El is coming off a Super Bowl win and he just received a fat contract. He has complained about not having enough touches in Pittsburgh and I can see the possibility of him being a distraction.

He is not proven at #2. I don't see him being more that a slot receiver in our offense. I believe that Brandon Lloyd has the potential to be a legit split end. He has shown flashes of being a solid receiver, he just needs some consistency to back it up.

I hope I am wrong about Antwaan Randle-El, but I just thought I would share my opinion and see if anybody else agrees.

El will be a slot. But a very dangereous slot because of his versatility. And, I don't necessarily think our brass got him with the focus of being a number two, but more for the luxury he provides. You can do so much with him. It's his exponential impact more then anything else.

I would think Brandon could emerge as the number two receiver. El is the straight wild card that will really open up the field. Saunders has to be licking his chops. It will make Cooley and Fuaria that much more dangerous.

I doubt he'll be a distraction. Remember Saunders and Gibbs have a history of getting the ball to a bunch of people. I had posted some stats about the old Skins and Charger teams that each had 3 1,000 yard receivers and a stable of running backs that collected abouit 1,500 yards. I don't think anyone will be complaining.

El will be a slot. But a very dangereous slot because of his versatility. And, I don't necessarily think our brass got him with the focus of being a number two, but more for the luxury he provides. You can do so much with him. It's his exponential impact more then anything else.

Sounds good. I hope you are right. I know he brings the versatility, I just think he doesn't have the best hands in the world. My problem with him is how much we spent on him. That is quite a hefty investment for a "versatile slot" and special teamer.

Then again, Adam Archuleta is making more that ST.

So whatever. Spend Danny, spend.

It was mentioned that he would benefit guys like Cooley, but does anybody see how he could possibly take away from Tana? I was shocked to see a poll on ExtremeSkins where something like 75% voted that they would rather have Randle-El returning a key punt than Santana. I will take a true PLAYMAKER over an experienced special teamer any day.

I am glad everyone seems to be optimistic. I just have some concerns. I am still bitter that we never had a shot at Reggie Wayne. That would be your true definition of a complementary receiver. Him and Tana would have done serious damage...

Antwaan Randle-El is now listed as #82 on Redskins.com: http://www.redskins.com/team/profile.jsp?id=197

This is my first post after months of browsing. I would just like to give my opinion about our receiving core:

Welcome to posting. I am excited about watching the other stuff ARE will be doing, the trick plays and such. I think that as soon as they run a couple of screen plays to ARE, thats when we sneak another to moss on the opposite side and he's in the endzone before the safety can realize what has happened.

And Brandon Lloyd looks like a potentially solid #1, and will be a great number two to keep the doubles off of Santana.

Welcome to posting.

Thanks!

ARE

I like.

Let me bring some numbers to the table:

7 years, $31 million ($11.5 guaranteed) and he has never:

1. Had more than 47 receptions

2. Had two seasons of 600 yards or more

3. Had more than 3 TD's in a season

:doh:

Like I said earlier. Seems like that is a bit much for a "versatile slot" and special teamer.

Like I said earlier. Seems like that is a bit much for a "versatile slot" and special teamer.

I disagree. I think randel-el stats were deflated because of the run-first attitude they had in pittsburgh. I mean Bill Cowher did not allow BIG ben to throw more than 15-20 passes in his first year and were a smash-mouth footbal team. His first year in the league i think big ben only average 10-11 completions per ball game. Also when u have a legit #1 wr in hines ward, u want him to get the football as much as you can. Similiar to a situation we had last year where no complement of moss caught passes except cooley. Also, this previous year, ward and their new tight end of virginia, heath miller were their passing targets in the redzone. Most of pittsburgh plays in the endzone went either to bettis or ward.

I think the redskins will be able to think of more ways to get randel el involved in the football game. Dont be suprised if randel el has a great year and has 700 yds out of the slot positiion. We have a great shot this year having maybe 5 wrs/te having over 500 yds.

I'll pose it like this . . . considering how much guaranteed money we gave Chad Morton to return kicks afew years ago and what he produced, I think it is a good move. Also, consider what Saunders and the Chiefs special teams coaching staff did with Dante Hall.

Then you have ARE - he IMO is an all around offensive weapon that will automatically demand coverage in any formation, whether it be special teams or on offense. I guess we won;t really know whether it was worth the money until he has a year in the system. These are the same things people were saying about MOss though, and I think he exceeded eveyone's expectations.

We are going to be very dangerous on offense - this will be the type of offense that you can;t neccessarily use stats and numbers to determine how effective each player is to their position. ARE is not here to be a "#2" WR . . . he is here to return kicks, run reverses, catch passes and throw passes. This will be hands down the most balanced offense in the league next year . . . and as long as egos are kept in check and the team mentaility and family atmosphere that developed last year remains . . . there will be SB rings to go around in the future. After that some FA players will most likey look to make their big payday. But throughout the years Gibbs lost role players all the time and filled those holes and played to those new players strengths . . . continuing the success of this organization throughout the 80's and early 90's.

I am looking for Portis to have amonster year as far as TD's go . . . and I look for his carries to be reduced during the regular season and for him to be fully healthy to carry us through the playoffs next year. Fingers crossed! :dallasuck

I have heard a lot of people saying positive things about Randle-El and many people are worried about Brandon Lloyd. I have the complete opposite view.

Randle-El is coming off a Super Bowl win and he just received a fat contract. He has complained about not having enough touches in Pittsburgh and I can see the possibility of him being a distraction.

He is not proven at #2. I don't see him being more that a slot receiver in our offense. I believe that Brandon Lloyd has the potential to be a legit split end. He has shown flashes of being a solid receiver, he just needs some consistency to back it up.

I hope I am wrong about Antwaan Randle-El, but I just thought I would share my opinion and see if anybody else agrees.

Just food for thought, but when you think about it, at the very least, isn't Antwaan Randle-El better than any of our last years options?

Thanks!

I like.

:logo: Please cease & desist in your pessimism (read: "acting as if" STATISTICS from Antwaan Randle-El's Steeler career, or from Brandon Lloyd's 49ers career somehow SUPERCEDE what Joe Gibbs & Al Saunders KNOW about Offensive NFL Football)!?! Relax already.

:point2sky Antwaan Randle-El was MOST effective as a 'SLOT' Receiver in his career. All this 'drama' about 'pidgeonholing' a WR in a numerical (read: "#1, #2, #3, or #4, etc.") slot/position smacks/wreaks of the lack of football intelligence currently exemplified by and in Cowboys, Eagles, Giants, and Jets fanatics...and also SI, ESPN, and other 'armchair' quarterbacks nationwide.

:doh: Coach Gibbs & Coach Saunders, one would think, will be 'dialing-up' so many variations & combinations of formations and plays that not even WE TRUE REDSKINS FANS will be able to keep apace - not to mention OPPOSING DEFENSES & their PERPLEXED Coordinators...

:cheers:As we say in the Islands: "Taykiteezy, Mon"!!! We're in EXCELLENT Hands under the current regime!

:logo: Please cease & desist in your pessimism (read: "acting as if" STATISTICS from Antwaan Randle-El's Steeler career, or from Brandon Lloyd's 49ers career somehow SUPERCEDE what Joe Gibbs & Al Saunders KNOW about Offensive NFL Football)!?! Relax already.

:point2sky Antwaan Randle-El was MOST effective as a 'SLOT' Receiver in his career. All this 'drama' about 'pidgeonholing' a WR in a numerical (read: "#1, #2, #3, or #4, etc.") slot/position smacks/wreaks of the lack of football intelligence currently exemplified by and in Cowboys, Eagles, Giants, and Jets fanatics...and also SI, ESPN, and other 'armchair' quarterbacks nationwide.

:doh: Coach Gibbs & Coach Saunders, one would think, will be 'dialing-up' so many variations & combinations of formations and plays that not even WE TRUE REDSKINS FANS will be able to keep apace - not to mention OPPOSING DEFENSES & their PERPLEXED Coordinators...

:cheers:As we say in the Islands: "Taykiteezy, Mon"!!! We're in EXCELLENT Hands under the current regime!

Please just do a little research. This is not in effect a 7 year 31 million deal. Thats on paper. Really, this is a 3 year, about 8 million deal. If you look at the way the contract is worked, after 3 years, the price skyrockets. At that point we can cut/restructure/keepStatusQuo. We did not overpay.

Archived