Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Antwaan Randle-El back to #82?

xCHIEFx

Look @ the $11.5 mill that is guaranteed. That is what I am talking about...

Please just do a little research.
Please cease & desist in your pessimism (read: "acting as if" STATISTICS from Antwaan Randle-El's Steeler career, or from Brandon Lloyd's 49ers career somehow SUPERCEDE what Joe Gibbs & Al Saunders KNOW about Offensive NFL Football)!?! Relax already.

That was not very profound the first time. Why did you post it twice?

This will be hands down the most balanced offense in the league next year . . .

I am AMAZED at the optimism within this thread. We will go no further than Mark Brunell can take us. I can't see him lasting for the enduration of the season so it is hard to imagine that we will be considered "the most balanced offense in the league next year."

Thanks!

I like.

Let me bring some numbers to the table:

7 years, $31 million ($11.5 guaranteed) and he has never:

1. Had more than 47 receptions

2. Had two seasons of 600 yards or more

3. Had more than 3 TD's in a season

:doh:

Like I said earlier. Seems like that is a bit much for a "versatile slot" and special teamer.

Your numbers don't account for the fact that he played in the definition of a run-first offense. The way Cowher runs the ball, it's a wonder a guy like Hines Ward can be as explosive as he is. Plus, I don't remember Pittsburgh running many 3 receiver sets, so ARE (being the #3 receiver) would not have the opportunity for that many receptions.

A lot of you are not understanding...

By saying "He was in a run first offense," then how can you go on to say "He is a proven slot receiver."

Like I said:

7 years, $31 million ($11.5 guaranteed) and he has never:

1. Had more than 47 receptions

2. Had two seasons of 600 yards or more

3. Had more than 3 TD's in a season

Overpaid and now on ExtremeSkins, it appears, overrated.

A lot of you are not understanding...

Overpaid and now on ExtremeSkins, it appears, overrated.

But what you are missing is that many more rookies are paid exhorbitant contracts based upon a college career and combine numbers?

This guy is a proven WR/Returner with "intangibles".

Why do you care what we paid him?

It's not your money, per se.

If the staff deems him fit for that salary, that's good enough for me.

The biggest stat of all is ....he was instrumental in winning a SB.

How much is that worth?

exhorbitant

:laugh: What does this mean???

This guy is a proven WR/Returner with "intangibles".

...What does this mean? How is he proven when he was in a system that didn't allow him to get more than 47 receptions.

But what you are missing is that many more rookies are paid exhorbitant contracts based upon a college career and combine numbers?

Point taken. But keep in mind we are talking about a guy that has already spent 4 seasons in the NFL. I think a lot of people are overrating his return skills. He is averaging under 10 yards per punt return over his career. This isn't Dante Hall we are getting. And to be honest, I don't see how anybody can see his passing ability as an addition to our offense.

My point is I don't think he has the mindset of coming to DC and contributing on special teams. I think he wants a shot at #2 and I think he wants to see the ball in his hands.

Combine that with the chance of him getting "fat" off the Super Bowl win and the guaranteed $11.5 million and I just see the possibility of trouble.

No need to argue about it, I want to be wrong - I am just giving my opinion. All I will say is that I am more secure in the addition of Brandon Lloyd than I am in the addition of Antwaan Randle-El.

Guest santana4prez
they have antonio brown at #19 now

Yep looks like Antonio Brown gave his number to Randle El.

Antonio should hell he couldnt even make a NFL Europe team.:laugh:

Brown is an athlete who is not a good football player. We are indebted to him for that winning return against the Cardinals but otherwise I don't see him being a Redskins for long.

There is way too much competition for the return slots now and Brown was never a threat as a wide receiver.

Archived