Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What Is/Was your Favorite Bicycle?

DeanCollins

Anyone have/had a cool bike?

as a kid, my dad wouldn't even buy me a bicycle (forget about a car). so saving money from various jobs delivering newspapers etc.... I was able to buy a Schwinn Varsity 10 speed which was pratical because I had some distances to ride growing up in the Chain Bridge area (arlington). but it wasn't that cool. $75 then $10 now?

03.JPG

but the bike I really wanted and couldn't afford was the "crate" bike. It was very cool. $150 then, these original bikes now sell for about $1000. and some of the art deco bike with the faux gas tank and headlights bring big $$ now as well

davepicker.jpg

This is what I have now, my favorite bike as a kid was a Mongoose freestyle bike.

Can't forget about the old school Schwinn Stingray!

Nice!! As a kid I had a Diamond Back freestyle bike...it was the trend at the time because that stuff was starting to get really popular. I could never do any tricks, but damn that thing looked cool as hell!! :laugh:

I used to have a sweet Trek 650 mountain bike.

As a kid, I got alot of used bikes and then took different parts from them to build better bikes.

I used to do that to, but I could never get the damn things back together again. :doh:

I had an “Evel Knievel” BMX bike back in the ‘70’s. It was white with blue and red stickers. I remember it even had a plastic gas tank and a round plate in front of the handlebars with a big number 1 on it. I’ve spent the past 20 minutes trying to find a pic of one on the Internet, but no luck. I damn near killed myself so many times on that thing…I WAS EVEL KNIEVEL!!!!

I had an “Evel Knievel” BMX bike back in the ‘70’s. It was white with blue and red stickers. I remember it even had a plastic gas tank and a round plate in front of the handlebars with a big number 1 on it. I’ve spent the past 20 minutes trying to find a pic of one on the Internet, but no luck. I damn near killed myself so many times on that thing…I WAS EVEL KNIEVEL!!!!

I had one of those!!! After a year or two of crashing and jumping, I decided all the extra stuff made the bike too heavy. After an hour of taking all the plastic stuff off it, it still weighed a ton. But I continued to jump, crash, race and beat it and my self into the ground...Until I got an H2...a Huffy H2...a 2-speed "BMX" bike.

:logo:

Archived