Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins sign C/T Tyson Walter from Texans

Fifty Gut

Just curious, But why in the blue hell would we want a Texans lineman, especially if he wasn't good enought to start. :doh:

these are depth signings

not every player in this league is destined to, aka good enough, to start, but does well as a career backup

Just curious, But why in the blue hell would we want a Texans lineman, especially if he wasn't good enought to start. :doh:

He wasn't even good enough to PLAY, apparently.

;)

But we'll see. I still would have liked to see Mitchell or Goodwin signed...but this is not bad. We may pick up some more young guys in the draft too and one or two for to try out after the June cuts.

Just curious, But why in the blue hell would we want a Texans lineman, especially if he wasn't good enought to start.

Because maybe... just maybe.... football men in Ashburn see something you don't in that same Texans Lineman. Maybe they see talent that wasn't utilized correctly. Maybe they see a flaw in his technique that is easily corrected. Maybe Buges sees the raw material there needed to build a capable reserve lineman. Ever thought of that?

I see it as a good pick up. He is young, talented enough to play multiple positions, cheap, and could very well be an overachiever in the right situations. Someone said we picked up 2 O linemen, who was the other??? Id rather have higher profile DB signing then a high profile Olineman signing.

Not too sure about Walter. Back when he was a rookie HBO ran that Dallas Cowboys training camp show and I remember he struggled to even make the team. If hes not good enough for the cowpukes..........

And yet he started 8 games for them that year, that's half a season and played in 11 games in all and then played in 16 and 13 games the next two years.

------------------------------------------------------------

Was he injured last year maybe? Something seems odd about him not even playing in a single game.

Because maybe... just maybe.... football men in Ashburn see something you don't in that same Texans Lineman. Maybe they see talent that wasn't utilized correctly. Maybe they see a flaw in his technique that is easily corrected. Maybe Buges sees the raw material there needed to build a capable reserve lineman. Ever thought of that?

I hear what you are saying, but wasn't that why we drafted molinaro and mark wilson. We believed we could mold them and what have they shown. Lets hope this works out.

I hear what you are saying, but wasn't that why we drafted molinaro and mark wilson. We believed we could mold them and what have they shown. Lets hope this works out.

This guy has been around longer than Molinaro and Wilson and there is a lot more info on him than there was on them.

Archived