Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The patterns Al Saunders left behind.

dinzelwashington

If thats the way you feel about anything you read on this board, move on to something else. I dont think anyone gives a s#it what you or anyone else thinks about someone elses opinion. It reminds me of radio shows like Howard Stern, for example, that have to move to prescription radio so those of us who want to hear it can, because people like you complain about it rather than turn the station to something that doesnt offend you.

Ramble on brother. Until they tell you that you cant, ramble on.

Im not speaking of researching posts. Thats routine. Im talking about the bashers who want to talk about how 'poorly written' a post is. Thats not necessary. Didnt your mother teach you anything?

I'm not a "basher" and I actually didn't critique how poorly written the post was. However, since you brought it up you can add to my prior comments that it was a poorly written and difficult to follow post.

Finally, if nobody gave a :pooh: what anyone else thinks about anyone elses opinion, there wouldn't be any such thing as a message board seeing as how that's kind of it's raison d’être.

Mike Martz was the man behind the greatest show on turf. Saunders was the wide recievers coach. As much as I think saunders is an amazing coach, we should focus more on the KC years as eveidence (as opposed to the StL years).

Dick Vermeil was the head coach behind the greatest show on turf, and Saunders was his offensive coordinator. They are the ones who won the Superbowl w/ the Rams. They both went to KC afterwards.

This statement right here is exactly why this board sucks at times. Who gives this guy the right to be critical of dinzel? Dinzel is stressing his opinion and when you say this should be in another thread it makes me sick. This board is a big blog and we should welcome opinions. Not everyone has the time to do a search to see if someone already posted what they are about the post. We should encourage opinion rather then the mods feeling they can lock any thread they want because they feel it breaks a rule. Freedom of speech should be allowed on this board or this board serves no purpose. Stop the locking and stop the darn complaining it is obnoxious and makes us Redskin fans look like computer nerds.

:doh: The mods should stop doing what they are doing for a week to show people how the board would collapse if they got what they wanted. You really do not understand. Until they do something like that, these kinds of people arent going to listen.

It reminds me of radio shows like Howard Stern, for example, that have to move to prescription radio so those of us who want to hear it can, because people like you complain about it rather than turn the station to something that doesnt offend you.

Now this was kind of random... But in response, have you ever thought, that its not so much people not being able to change the channel, but people not wanting their kids exposed to that kind of stop who do not know enough to change the channel???????

I agree if you see a post that you think adds nothing new just move on and ignore the thread. You are not OBLIGATED to reply to every thread...it's that simple.

While you might find a thread repetitive it works great for other people. For example another thread with similar topic already might have 150 posts. I don't have the time to read through the entire 150 posts to see if what i am about to say has already been said. Neither do i always have time to check on a thread right after it has been posted.On the other hand a post with similar topic but only few posts gives me a chance to put my two cents in without having to go through 10 pages of post. So yeah some repetitive threads are not that bad...

Some repetitive threads aren't bad, and that's why some stay around. On the other hand, if a thread has 150 replies, the odds are that your thought has beed brought up..............more then once. If you feel that your two cents as you say, is that unique and worth being posted, the odds are more people will actually see it in the thread with 150 replies, then a small thread that people haven't payed much attention to. If they had, it would have had more replys.

Dick Vermeil was the head coach behind the greatest show on turf, and Saunders was his offensive coordinator. They are the ones who won the Superbowl w/ the Rams. They both went to KC afterwards.

no, you're wrong and I'm positive that you are. Saunders was the wide recievers coach and Martz was the offensive coordinator:

In 1999, Martz was hired as the offensive coordinator of the St. Louis Rams, who went on to win Super Bowl XXXIV that season. Martz was named head coach of the Rams on February 2, 2000 after Dick Vermeil (temporarily) retired.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Martz

I actually thought it was a cool post. A little helter skelter in style, but had a certain "feel" to it.

Going to be interesting indeed to watch The Saunders Effect on this team. Does anyone know if KC tended to "show" much during preseason, or did Al tend to play it real close to the vest like Gibbs does? If so, we're going to go NUTS waiting to see the new toys through 4 preseason games.

Saunders is a good, proven coach with proven results ... But he did a lot of borrowing from Mike Martz, who was the true innovator behind the Greatest Show on Turf.

Ernie Zampese, Joe Gibbs, Jack Burns, Al Saunders, Don Breaux, Norv Turner, Cam Cameron and Mike Martz are all connected to the Air Coryell family tree. However, it was Martz who really took the style of play to a new level in recent times. While in KC, Saunders didn't do too much that was radically different from Martz.

move to prescription radio

2 things:

1. make sure you get the right prescription for your radio. some radio prescriptions don't mix well w/ certain drugs.

2. i've been a spectator in the "this board is communist" vs. "follow the rules" for a while now. an interesting observation: almost every "i shouldn't have to search," "i don't have time to search," "no one will see my opinion in a large thread" poster has a member # of 30,000 +. perhaps it's because they weren't here to see how great things could be when most everyone FOLLOWED THE FORUM RULES.

:2cents:

As a Skin fan since birth, a long time lurker on this page, and a new poster... I can say that every single thread turning out to be a "you need to search before you post" thread is more obnoxious than duplicate threads.

Duplicate threads are annoying in the sense that it jumbles up the board... and I can respect that people don't want to see it, but EVERY SINGLE THREAD is someone b**ching about it, and that takes away from the meat of conversation. Sort of goes like this:

1.) someone posts an opinion/question/etc.

2.) someone complains about a connection to a previous thread

3.) someone makes a point about said opinion/question/etc.

4.) someone makes a comment about someones complaint

5.) someone backs up said complaint about duplicate thread

That's more annoying than seeing one thread about saunders patterns and one thread about saunders and the play action.

:2cents:

Okay, I tried it subtle. Now I'll be more direct.

This thread is about Al Saunders.

Those who continue to insist on making it yet another argument over interpretation of ES Rules may find themselves learning more about one particular rule than they intended.

I will now add a smiley because I don't want to start my day irritated. :)

Those who continue to insist on making it yet another argument over interpretation of ES Rules may find themselves learning more about one particular rule than they intended.

gracias.... and i didn't mean to steer it back in that direction... but ya know, i start my day and see it in every thread i look at..

Anywho, I hope they keep the real offense under wraps... I always liked going 0-3/4 in the preseason and everyone calling our team a bust... then blowing it up in the regular season!

Just give us a HINT off the offense! :fingersx:

Sometimes it does seem like there's a race to see who can be the first to call out a poster who they think has posted innapropriately. It's like there are a hundred teacher's pets desperately trying to get stroked by likeminded buddies or the mods or whoever. This is the pickiest bunch I've ever interacted with in 10 years of web browsing.

But you can't beat the info here, so I still read the site every day.

I actually thought it was a cool post. A little helter skelter in style, but had a certain "feel" to it.

Going to be interesting indeed to watch The Saunders Effect on this team. Does anyone know if KC tended to "show" much during preseason, or did Al tend to play it real close to the vest like Gibbs does? If so, we're going to go NUTS waiting to see the new toys through 4 preseason games.

Sometimes it does seem like there's a race to see who can be the first to call out a poster who they think has posted innapropriately. It's like there are a hundred teacher's pets desperately trying to get stroked by likeminded buddies or the mods or whoever. This is the pickiest bunch I've ever interacted with in 10 years of web browsing.

That's one.

No smiley this time.

(In a hypnotized, mind-controlled voice) I love Al Saunders. I have a man-crush on Al Saunders. He is an offensive genius. All hail my master, Extremeskins.com. :notworthy

Much better.

See? Smile's back. :)

Seriously. This board is too uptight. If I make a post that was already posted, IM SORRY! I obviously didn't see it posted, most likely because I had something else to do that didn't allow me to sit on the board hitting refresh for the past 24 hours. The best way to handle a repeated thread is to not reply at all, and then it'll get burried below all the rest.

p.s. GodfathaSkins...you make me sick.

p.p.s. Do you really think Audrey is a traitor!?!?!

Seriously. This board is too uptight. If I make a post that was already posted, IM SORRY! I obviously didn't see it posted, most likely because I had something else to do that didn't allow me to sit on the board hitting refresh for the past 24 hours. The best way to handle a repeated thread is to not reply at all, and then it'll get burried below all the rest.

p.s. GodfathaSkins...you make me sick.

p.p.s. Do you really think Audrey is a traitor!?!?!

That's two.

You know, it's not like we're trying to be heavy-handed ... it's just that when we come out and directly ASK for cooperation on something, as we have in this thread, we'd like to think we might at least get a nod of acknowledgment.

Like Diesel, feel free to PM me to discuss it.

What's interesting to me as someone who has only casually heard/watched what Saunders has done is that while his offenses seem to be pass favored, the running backs really flourish there. KC has always seemed to be able to pull out a top back... sort of like Denver, but with a little less hype.

Agreed. KC has seemed like something of an anomally to me the last few years, in that looking at the talent, it just never seemed to jibe with being the TOP offense in football.

Not taking a thing away from guys like Green, Holmes & Gonzalez, but they just never quite struck me as Manning, Edge & Harrison or Montana, Craig & Rice. There was clearly something going on there just beneath the surface.

Gotta admit it's kinda intriguing to think that much of that something might have been Al Saunders.

One thing for sure ... the expectations for this year's O will be tough to live up to out of the gate. I hope people will be patient.

Yeah. Right. :)

Patience isn't a Redskins fans' virtue. If on the first play of the season, we complete a forty yard pass, but the receiver fails to get in the endzone there will be a cadre of people on Extremeskins complaining that we can't finish the big play... aka the season is doomed. In reality, I expect the patience to last through about half of the first scrimage... if we don't click, there will be many posts making Len P. sound like a Redskins booster.

What's interesting to me as someone who has only casually heard/watched what Saunders has done is that while his offenses seem to be pass favored, the running backs really flourish there. KC has always seemed to be able to pull out a top back... sort of like Denver, but with a little less hype.

However, I cant think that Saunders ever had a decent WR in KC, I could never figure out why they didnt draft or sign a FA WR when they were really rolling. I mean Kennsion/Horn was the best thing they had right? He def never had corp even close to what he should have here. Even if ARE and Llyod are mediocre.

I'm not a "basher" and I actually didn't critique how poorly written the post was. However, since you brought it up you can add to my prior comments that it was a poorly written and difficult to follow post.

Finally, if nobody gave a :pooh: what anyone else thinks about anyone elses opinion, there wouldn't be any such thing as a message board seeing as how that's kind of it's raison d’être.

:doh: The mods should stop doing what they are doing for a week to show people how the board would collapse if they got what they wanted. You really do not understand. Until they do something like that, these kinds of people arent going to listen.

Now this was kind of random... But in response, have you ever thought, that its not so much people not being able to change the channel, but people not wanting their kids exposed to that kind of stop who do not know enough to change the channel???????

You're not a basher? You replied to this mans thread to simply say that it was a bad thread and it didnt bring much to the table. Thats pretty lame. Move on to the next thread if you dont have anything positive to say, basher.

Om, I apologize if I swayed off topic, I just needed to get my feelings out because I value this board and want to encourage opinion. One of the reasons I got so angry is because the original post actually had some substance in it if you read between the lines. I have been a reader of this board since 2001 and a poster since 2004 and want to be sure that this board just like the Redskins are better than any other team in the league.

In response to the topic of the moment. Al Saunders is going to make Parcells and Reid crud their pants.

Archived