Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The patterns Al Saunders left behind.

dinzelwashington

Whos Kurt Warner..Oh, that arena league football qb. The guy that won mvp couple times... Was Trent Green ever spectacular before KC?

Then in KC all of a sudden turns pro bowler and still going.... and Marshall Faulk, didn't he win rushing title once or was it twice. now everybodies wondering what happened to all his skills. What about Priest Holmes, he did too win the rushing title couple of years. and Larry Johnson.. didnt they both have 4 TDs games in one game...Is kennison really that good? (we'll have to find out late january) Wasn't Torry Holt and Isaac Bruce the best WR duo in the nfl ...Wasnt rams the once high powered offense.. and now KC has been leading the league in yards couple yrs straight now. anyways.. so many questions, so many patterns, one answer.. Al saunders. whereever he lands, he turns the offense into gold... 3 man GW,JG, AS, one goal in the hands of 1man.. mark brunell... dont let us down.. i know u stop by this site sometimes.. i hope u reading this... WE believe in YOU!!!!

That was a horridly structured post and didn't seem to follow much of a theme other than praising Al Saunders. Posts like this probably belong in pre-existing threads talking about Saunders (like the play-action one on the front page)...

This statement right here is exactly why this board sucks at times. Who gives this guy the right to be critical of dinzel? Dinzel is stressing his opinion and when you say this should be in another thread it makes me sick. This board is a big blog and we should welcome opinions. Not everyone has the time to do a search to see if someone already posted what they are about the post. We should encourage opinion rather then the mods feeling they can lock any thread they want because they feel it breaks a rule. Freedom of speech should be allowed on this board or this board serves no purpose. Stop the locking and stop the darn complaining it is obnoxious and makes us Redskin fans look like computer nerds.

This statement right here is exactly why this board sucks at times. Who gives this guy the right to be critical of dinzel? Dinzel is stressing his opinion and when you say this should be in another thread it makes me sick. This board is a big blog and we should welcome opinions. Not everyone has the time to do a search to see if someone already posted what they are about the post. We should encourage opinion rather then the mods feeling they can lock any thread they want because they feel it breaks a rule. Freedom of speech should be allowed on this board or this board serves no purpose. Stop the locking and stop the darn complaining it is obnoxious and makes us Redskin fans look like computer nerds.

:cheers:

Everyone has the right to be critical of anyone.

It takes approximately 10 seconds to do a quick search.

The expression of opinion is encouraged on this board, but it's also encouraged that opinions are expressed articulately, and in proper context.

I agree that sometimes the mods go overboard closing down threads, but generally they do a good job.

I like the screen name "enter apotheosis." Are you saying in '06 the Redskins will be the best team that could potentially exist?

In fairness, it was a ****ty post.

Count me in Enter Apotheosis' corner on this one. I don't mean to be overly harsh to Dinzel, however this was just a bad thread the contents of which should have been added to already existing Saunders threads.

I understand that not everybody has the time or inclination to do the level of research that many on this board have provided at one time or another. However, posts like this one really don't bring much to the table.

This board does welcome all opinions, but if you have the time to type 25 lines of text, it's shouldn't be a big set back to do a search. We encourage opinion, but if it a redundant thought, with an active thread covering it, it should go there. This isn't the local street corner, so freedom of speach only goes so far. If the staff didn't lock, merge, or move as many threads as we do, the place would be full of 5 post threads covering the same topics.

We want the exchange of opinions, with as many people involved as possable. It works much better whan you have a large group countering each other then two or three putting a 6 word comment in a small thread.

I have to agree w/ Apotheosis. The thread could have been easily posted in a pre-existing one. I still found Dinzel's opinion to be insightful, and something that all of the "mediots" have overlooked in criticizing our acquisitions of El and Lloyd. Everyone is entitled to make a mistake. For Apotheosis, I would recommend, however, when correcting someone for an improper thread, always try to be very polite and respectful,( I'm not saying you aren't, just that this one time seemed a little rude) as you will be received a lot better, and you will be taken that much more seriously. I know it is difficult to constantly maintain a good tone, as there are so many "dumb/repetitive" threads. I too have been rude once in correcting someone. I have found being courteous is the best way to yield results. Hey, were all Redskins fans here, and we all want this to site to continue to be great. i think everyone can agree on that.

I think saunders is a great coordinator, but of the players you listed couldn't you say it was Dick Vermeil who had the effect and not Saunders?

I'm not saying its one way or the other, but how could you tell?

good point but i highly doubt that Dick Vermeil does any coaching. he just motivates with his crying.:laugh:

I'm no where near being a computer nerd, anyone who knows me can tell you that. However, I agree with the mods and anyone else who complains about the starting of new threads that have issues or are exactly the same as a thread that has already started.

There are times that I believe I may know something new, and what do you know, when I do a search, it's always there, or at least it has been in the past couple of years. I've honestly seen at times where on the same front page, seeing 6 topics of the exact same thing on it.

This is why the rule is in place, this is why people that have been on the site for more than a few years complain.

Count me in Enter Apotheosis' corner on this one. I don't mean to be overly harsh to Dinzel, however this was just a bad thread the contents of which should have been added to already existing Saunders threads.

I understand that not everybody has the time or inclination to do the level of research that many on this board have provided at one time or another. However, posts like this one really don't bring much to the table.

If thats the way you feel about anything you read on this board, move on to something else. I dont think anyone gives a s#it what you or anyone else thinks about someone elses opinion. It reminds me of radio shows like Howard Stern, for example, that have to move to prescription radio so those of us who want to hear it can, because people like you complain about it rather than turn the station to something that doesnt offend you.

Ramble on brother. Until they tell you that you cant, ramble on.

Im not speaking of researching posts. Thats routine. Im talking about the bashers who want to talk about how 'poorly written' a post is. Thats not necessary. Didnt your mother teach you anything?

Im with you

I'm with you on this one.:applause:

I think saunders is a great coordinator, but of the players you listed couldn't you say it was Dick Vermeil who had the effect and not Saunders?

I'm not saying its one way or the other, but how could you tell?

Could possibly be so but I doubt that is totally true. I think the Rams did well in Vermeil's third year when he gave the playcalling hat to Saunders. That's when the greatest show on turf really developed if I'm correct.

Could possibly be so but I doubt that is totally true. I think the Rams did well in Vermeil's third year when he gave the playcalling hat to Saunders. That's when the greatest show on turf really developed if I'm correct.

Mike Martz was the man behind the greatest show on turf. Saunders was the wide recievers coach. As much as I think saunders is an amazing coach, we should focus more on the KC years as eveidence (as opposed to the StL years).

yeah, but maybe if it were in english it wouldn't have been met with such criticism. Atleast proof read it a little bit.

Also, one of the rules and guidelines, I believe, is to do a search to make sure youre not starting a pre-existing thread.

I agree if you see a post that you think adds nothing new just move on and ignore the thread. You are not OBLIGATED to reply to every thread...it's that simple.

While you might find a thread repetitive it works great for other people. For example another thread with similar topic already might have 150 posts. I don't have the time to read through the entire 150 posts to see if what i am about to say has already been said. Neither do i always have time to check on a thread right after it has been posted.On the other hand a post with similar topic but only few posts gives me a chance to put my two cents in without having to go through 10 pages of post. So yeah some repetitive threads are not that bad...

OK folks, lets not get out of hand here. While the thread starters post wasn't a work of art, there's no need to pummel the guy on his writing skills. If that was the case, my arse would have been booted to the curb years ago. That goes for more then a few of the members.

As for the group who feel RedskinGodfather is right on the money, there are many Redskin message boards out there with more lax rules and moderation. Feel free to check them out if your not happy here with the way things are run.

We do our best to make ES an enjoyable, and orderly site. Please don't expect us to change, for the system of rules and moderation is what has gotten us this far.

Archived