Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What is your favorite Ozzy Osbourne studio release?

AbleDanger

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Randy Rhodes is to Zakk Wilde as...um...Well, Randy Rhodes was better than Zakk Wilde

Must be an accurate statement when you can't even spell his name right. :laugh:

Back to the question at hand, that's tough but I would have to agree with No Rest. The first several songs of that album just rip starting with one of Ozzy's best, Miricle Man. Kind of said to the world, I'm back and I'm better.

No more Tears was great though can't deny that.

i loved Blizzard and Diary. Love Randy, but some of those tunes are just too King Diamond/Dio, dungeons and dragons for me.

i loved Blizzard and Diary. Love Randy, but some of those tunes are just too King Diamond/Dio, dungeons and dragons for me.

I am with you on the lyrics...but you gotta love the guitar work. Rhoades was ripping those solo's with a almost clean tone....i.e. Over the Mountain. :cool:

Still some of my all-time favorite guitar work.

Blizzard of a Madman. Both are my faves.

Randy's work on "No Bone Movies" is just freakin too cool. He was the man. Now I'm gonna have to break out my vinyl "Tribute".

Anniversary of his death was yesterday, wasn't it? 19th?

RIP, Randy! :applause:

Bark At The Moon, is by far my favorite Album of any group. I actually have, and I know I'm showing my age here, the LP of Bark At The Moon.

please....I gots my original Blizzard and Diary on vinyl, you young whippersnapper.....sheesh...kids today.

Bark is awesome too...used to have it but lost it...was that his only LP with Jake E on it?

Sorry. I'm not really one for guitar wizards, and I didn't feel like looking up their names to see how they're spelled.

I'm still right though.

I think you're as right as a three dollar bill, but that aside, two totally different guitarists, one of whom never got a chance to show everything he could do.

Zakk has shown he can do it all.

Randy Rhodes is to Zakk Wilde as...um...Well, Randy Rhodes was better than Zakk Wilde

Apples and Oranges IMO. Besides, both rule!

The reason I think they are apples and oranges is because they are from different genres. Randy Rhodes is from a time when people had that old school tone, like Brian May, or the guy from Deep Purple. Zakk Wilde has a more modern, processed sound.

Here's my order...

8. No Rest for the Wicked (The only song I liked on that album was Fire in the Sky)

7. Diary of a Madman (Some pretty good songs: Believer, Flying High Again, Over the Mountain. I didn't find most of the album all that impressive though)

6. Bark At The Moon (Waiting for Darkness was a very good song, the song Bark at the moon was okay, the rest not that great. So Tired was so lame :laugh: )

5. Down To Earth (Facing Hell is a very good song, but I was luke warm with the rest of the album)

4. Blizzard of Ozz (Classic tunes, but just not quite as good as my top three)

3. Ozzmosis (Tommorrow is one of the best songs he's ever done. See You on the other Side, Thunder Underground, and I Just Want You are very good songs as well)

2. The Ultimate Sin (Great album from start to finish. I'm not sure why Ozzy doesn't care for it much)

1. No More Tears (has my fav Ozzy songs: Hellraiser, I Don't Want to Change the World, Mr. Tinkertrain Train, Desire, and some other good ones)

Zakk and Randy...both great guitarists, but I have to give the edge to Zakk.

Here's my order...

8. No Rest for the Wicked (The only song I liked on that album was Fire in the Sky)

7. Diary of a Madman (Some pretty good songs: Believer, Flying High Again, Over the Mountain. I didn't find most of the album all that impressive though)

6. Bark At The Moon (Waiting for Darkness was a very good song, the song Bark at the moon was okay, the rest not that great. So Tired was so lame :laugh: )

5. Down To Earth (Facing Hell is a very good song, but I was luke warm with the rest of the album)

4. Blizzard of Ozz (Classic tunes, but just not quite as good as my top three)

3. Ozzmosis (Tommorrow is one of the best songs he's ever done. See You on the other Side, Thunder Underground, and I Just Want You are very good songs as well)

2. The Ultimate Sin (Great album from start to finish. I'm not sure why Ozzy doesn't care for it much)

1. No More Tears (has my fav Ozzy songs: Hellraiser, I Don't Want to Change the World, Mr. Tinkertrain Train, Desire, and some other good ones)

Zakk and Randy...both great guitarists, but I have to give the edge to Zakk.

I'm not trying to flame you, bro. And you probably already know this but, ranking Down to Earth and Ozzmosis ahead of Diary and No Rest pretty much makes you a buffoon in the eyes of the great majority of not just Ozzy fans, but anyone who has an appreciation for music. I know we're talking about personal tastes and all that, but, I'm sorry, I find this list insulting.

Edit: Zakk Wylde is a goofball, aliased, drunken biker-wrestler wannabe who is the leader of one of rock's least enjoyed and listened to bands and he absolutely could not carry Rhoads' jock. He is not near in the same league in any appreciable way. That is fact, you can look it up. Seriously, ask anyone and go back to listening to Nu-Metal. I can tell that you used to and that is the place you belong...Limp Bizkit needs you, go help them!

This is weird. I wasn't even really aware that there was a Randy vs. Zakk debate that existed. Randy had a style, Zakk was just a guy who could play guitar. There's really no comparison.

For me top all time rock guitarists would be

1. Jimi Hendrix

2. Tom Verlaine

3. Randy Rhoads

I'm aware that this makes me the biggest Randy Rhoads supporter ever and halfway insane. But still Zakk Wylde wouldn't even make my top 100.

I'm not trying to flame you, bro. And you probably already know this but, ranking Down to Earth and Ozzmosis ahead of Diary and No Rest pretty much makes you a buffoon in the eyes of the great majority of not just Ozzy fans, but anyone who has an appreciation for music. I know we're talking about personal tastes and all that, but, I'm sorry, I find this list insulting.

Edit: Zakk Wylde is a goofball, aliased, drunken biker-wrestler wannabe who is the leader of one of rock's least enjoyed and listened to bands and he absolutely could not carry Rhoads' jock. He is not near in the same league in any appreciable way. That is fact, you can look it up. Seriously, ask anyone and go back to listening to Nu-Metal. I can tell that you used to and that is the place you belong...Limp Bizkit needs you, go help them!

Uh, musical preference is opinion, not fact...and Zakk Wilde is a very good guitarist NOT A WANNABE but what would I know? I only have a masters degree in classical guitar performance but apparently no appreciation for music. :rolleyes: BTW, Randy Rhoads was NOT worth squat on classical. Phenominal electric player obviously, but he could not carry MY jock on classical. Before you doubt, listen to my myspace.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=39070323

Uh, musical preference is opinion, not fact...and Zakk Wilde is a very good guitarist NOT A WANNABE but what would I know? I only have a masters degree in classical guitar performance but apparently no appreciation for music. :rolleyes: BTW, Randy Rhodes was NOT worth squat on classical. Phenominal electric player obviously, but he could not carry MY jock on classical. Before you doubt, listen to my myspace.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=39070323

Zakk is a drunken biker-wrestler wannabe. He's a pretty good guitar player but an obviously mediocre and derivative songwriter.

Holy Crap! A real-life, honest-to-god classic master (def - a guy who took a lot of lessons). I've been eating guys like you for breakfast since I was 25 and for you to compare yourself to Rhoads - favorably?!? - is hilarious and a little sad. I wonder which of these statements about you is closer to your reality?

A) recently was scheduled to do some studio sessions for new Steely Dan LP @ $500/hr in Studio City, CA

OR

B) recently was scheduled to give a half-hour lesson to a 12-yr old named Danny @ $15/hr in Dale City, VA

Hmm...I'm gonna go with B and next time I'm in Dale City, maybe I'll drop by and let you check my intonation for a couple of bucks. I always try to support my local GUITAR MASTER!

Zakk is a drunken biker-wrestler wannabe. He's a pretty good guitar player but an obviously mediocre and derivative songwriter.

Holy Crap! A real-life, honest-to-god classic master (def - a guy who took a lot of lessons). I've been eating guys like you for breakfast since I was 25 and for you to compare yourself to Rhoads - favorably?!? - is hilarious and a little sad. I wonder which of these statements about you is closer to your reality?

A) recently was scheduled to do some studio sessions for new Steely Dan LP @ $500/hr in Studio City, CA

OR

B) recently was scheduled to give a half-hour lesson to a 12-yr old named Danny @ $15/hr in Dale City, VA

Hmm...I'm gonna go with B and next time I'm in Dale City, maybe I'll drop by and let you check my intonation for a couple of bucks. I always try to support my local GUITAR MASTER!

Ugh. Did you go to the myspace or are you just talking out of your ass? What do you think about my Bach and Scarlatti?

Listen, you can't compare classical guitar and electric guitar, they are two very different instruments. I put my recordings on here, if you are as brilliant as you claim, you would have the brass ones to post a recording of your own on here. Put up or shut up. No excuses.

Archived