Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins | Evans to shop around

Macd36

I liked Evans cause he could play any position on the line and seemed to make good plays when he was in there. However if we do not resign him I am sure that it is because the coaching staff feels like someone else could come in and, with a little bit of coaching, do the same thing. These coaches do not make mistakes, if they feel that evans is our best option he will be here, if they think someone else can do the same thing for cheaper we will have someone else.

It often seems that, as soon as the player starts to "shop around," we don't seem to match any offers that he receives. "Shopping around" often seems like the player is on the way out for whatever reason. I just don't seem to remember the team signing a lot of players once they begin to visit other teams.

Bac,

Seems a general tendency across the league. I guess you tend to give the players your best offer and they only go 'shopping' if they think they can do better and are often right.

Evens also knows that there is a chance he will be the odd man out and the best he can hope for on the Skins (baring injury) is as depth.

Archived