Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP - For Patten, Signings Provide 'Motivation'

JimmiJo

:rolleyes: "Uh, no Dave, we're not going to play the best guys, we're going to play the guys with the big contracts. Just ask Lavar"

Bwahahaha, halarious! Score one zoony! :)

On another note, my friend is a Pats fan and lives in MA, said this is probably the best thing for Patten, in NE he had to fight to be the #3/4, and he does better when he has to prove himself.

I watched the interview with Patten a couple of weeks ago. I'll tell you what, he looks like he is in good shape and sounds like he is ready to play. Having a veteran receiver like him so motivated can only be a good thing. I'll be rooting for him. May the best receiver win the job!

Really? Like Ramsey, Patten will not be on the field unless one of the big 3 gets hurt. There is no WR competition. Lets be honest here...

You have to have buy in. We've got three young dogs, and they'll all be hungry," he said. "I'm the old head of the group. As long as we don't worry about numbers, we should be all right. Everyone's got egos, and that's the challenge. If everyone buys in, why can't we win the championship?"

That's the key. Who knows if Loyd is gonna behave, or anyone else new coming in. Patten is a vet, and these are young guys coming in. Some of you people, and yes it's a shame since you are fellow fans, have absolutely no class at all. Grow up, these players are people too.

That's the key. Who knows if Loyd is gonna behave, or anyone else new coming in. Patten is a vet, and these are young guys coming in. Some of you people, and yes it's a shame since you are fellow fans, have absolutely no class at all. Grow up, these players are people too.

And fans are people too. just because a fan might not have the same view as you doesn't make that fan less of a fan. Everyone has opinons on a message board. :silly:

Obviously, Patten is a Redskins and for the good of the team I hope he does well. However, I'm really not emotionally attached to Patten...he has not been here long enough...that being said I don't like how he talks in the paper about being concerned about his playing time...I'm like dude, "You just joined the team and you hardly played due to injury." Show me what you can do for this team before making remarks in the paper.

If Patten wasn't worried, to me, that would be a bad sign. What kind of person wouldn't be worried if your boss goes out and hires 2, not 1, highly paid people for your position? Only a bum who's in it for the guaranteed money wouldn't be worried. Last year there was zero competition at the WR position. This year, we have 1 really really good WR (Moss), 1 good experienced guy itching to show last year was an aberration (Patten), 1 young guy who wants to show everybody all the losing with the 49er hasn't affected him (Brandon), 1 WR that can pretty much do everything (Randle El) and 1 WR that plays extra special special team (Trash). And yeah 1 WR that's always on the injured list (Jacobs). I can only say that's better than last year. And we all know what killed our offense last year.

If Randel El or Brandon Lloyd aren't starting next season then this off season splurge would be absurd. Based off what they've(management) has done Patten has already been demoted to a back up role. Patten is fooling himself if he thinks he's really gonna start again.

Why would it be absurd? Loyd is only 24. Didn't Gibbs give up a lot for Jason Campbell and he isn't starting yet. I'll agree it'll be surprising but not absurd.

If Randel El or Brandon Lloyd aren't starting next season then this off season splurge would be absurd. Based off what they've(management) has done Patten has already been demoted to a back up role. Patten is fooling himself if he thinks he's really gonna start again.

Ok...what's classy about going to the paper and discusing playing time?

Um...the paper came to him. When a team signs two FA receivers it's a big story that impacts Patten they went to him and got his reaction. How would you feel if he said "no comment"? He said all the right things, is a class act now let's see him prove it out on the field.

but then he'll come out every now and then to make a questionable comment about not getting enough catches.

Come on dude be fair he said that one time. It's not like every couple weeks he was pissing and moaning about catches :doh:

Why would it be absurd? Loyd is only 24. Didn't Gibbs give up a lot for Jason Campbell and he isn't starting yet. I'll agree it'll be surprising but not absurd.

Waiting to start a Rookie Qb isn't unheard of. In the Skins case hell they'd also given up a 3rd rd pick and almost mill to get Brunell so not playing Campbell wasn't surprising. They invested a lot in both. In fact I think I heard that the Skins last season had the most money in NFL history invested in their 3 QB's.

Once again its absurd to give Randel El almost a 12 mill bonus when NO ONE and I mean NO ONE was gonna give him that much. To tell you the truth I thought what the bears offered for him was too much and that was 8 mill.

Lloyd I feel was offered a lot too but I do feel he has some upside to him. To still start Patten who's already here and sign 2 other guys for damn near triple what he's getting is absurd. I mean to play them as back ups would make no sense whatever to me.

Bwahahaha, halarious! Score one zoony! :)

On another note, my friend is a Pats fan and lives in MA, said this is probably the best thing for Patten, in NE he had to fight to be the #3/4, and he does better when he has to prove himself.

I know this sounds harsh...but damn it is true...

Both of these statements are false, except for the part that refers to Patten shining when he is pressured.

Anyone who knows Belichick's system knows that, in one respect, it's awful similar in mentality to an old Gibbs system or a current Saunders system. And that similarity is that there is no #1 / #2 / #3 receiver designation. On certain plays and in certain situations, Patten was the go-to guy. Just like, on occasion, Troy Brown was in the late 90's/early 00's; Deion Branch was in '02-'05; and David Givens was in '04 and '05.

Look at the numbers, and you will see that in 3 of Patten's 4 primary years in New England, he was the #2 statistical wide receiver on the team.

Learn your facts on David Patten in New England. Don't spread falsities.

Archived