Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What is an H back??

RedskinsMarchingBand

Pretty sure its half-back, as half tight end, half fullback

No, half-back is something else, it basically the position the Portis is playing when the 'Skins go two back. In a t formation, you have the halfback (HB) and the fullback (FB). In the I formations, the HB is the deep back (also called I-back and tailback).

Pretty sure its half-back, as half tight end, half fullback
terminology in position names comes from position on the field in relation to the line of scrimage. i happen to be an expert on football-isms and rules of the game, any further question feel free to shoot away

I don't think the H stands for anything...
stands for half, here is my definition of the positions name:the position you named in fulfilment is correct but the h refers to half back which in true football terminology is halfway between the center and the dead zone

stands for half, here is my definition of the positions name:the position you named in fulfilment is correct but the h refers to half back which in true football terminology is halfway between the center and the dead zone

Uh...dead zone? What the hell is the dead zone?? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

And H-Back would not exist in "true football terminology," seeing as how it wasn't around until the 70's when Joe invented it (I believe he did). I'm pretty sure the H either stands for 'Hybrid' or nothing at all.

Uh...dead zone? What the hell is the dead zone?? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

And H-Back would not exist in "true football terminology," seeing as how it wasn't around until the 70's when Joe invented it (I believe he did). I'm pretty sure the H either stands for 'Hybrid' or nothing at all.

the term H-back has been around since the creation of football. (dead zone is actually the playing field 5 yard back from the line of scrimage to the defended end zone). the original backfield postitions were the, full back, the half back, the quarterback, the wingback, the endback, and the tight and srtong ends.

i know my football;)

H-back - a position that was popularized by Joe Gibbs during his first tenure with the Washington Redskins; the H-back is a hybrid position that combines the skill sets of fullback, tight end, and even wide receiver. An H-back lines up similarly to a wingback, but deeper and not as wide, and frequently serves as a blocker for a more deeply positioned back.

the term H-back has been around since the creation of football. (dead zone is actually the playing field 5 yard back from the line of scrimage to the defended end zone). the original backfield postitions were the, full back, the half back, the quarterback, the wingback, the endback, and the tight and srtong ends.

i know my football;)

Halfback has, but not H-Back. The halfback is limited to where he can line up, and is a synonym of tailback and running back. The H-Back can line up anywhere on the field. Split out, in the slot, on the line...etc.

I just sent him 5 questions ONLY he would know the answer to......

Unless he is a stalker and knows more about cooley than me.......:laugh:

After he replies or doesn't I'll post what I asked him.......you'll laugh because I'm great at finding fakes on Myspace.....

i've looked at it for 30 seconds, and i already found a slip up, in the about me he uses the third person describing his high school wrestling career.

i've looked at it for 30 seconds, and i already found a slip up, in the about me he uses the third person describing his high school wrestling career.

You missed it the first time he does it!

I was a finalist for the Mackey Award, given to the nation's top tight end. I was team captain and was also voted Offensive MVP. Of course I led the nation's tight ends in receptions and yards when he snagged a career-high 62 passes for 732 yards and six touchdowns.

:)

Tons of fakes on myspace...wouldn't surprise me at all if this was a fake. :whoknows:

Archived