Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lavar Needs to Come Back

Abshir

come back? Why? Did he leave something in the locker space he used to have?

Thats awesome... I think what Oldskool means to say is we are a better team with an athletic linebacker who knows what position to play and will wrap up instead of lower his shoulder. We are a better team with the extra cap space that is free now. People, don't forget that he did not just free up 4 million this year, but like 15 next year. I know people love lavar and I can understand why... he was a freak of an athlete and he was so fun to watch. But for every good play there are 4 bad plays, and were better off without him.

Lavar isn't coming back ... why would Gibbs bring him back considering he gave him an option to stay and he quit on the team. Big headache gone bye bye. He will not return (unless he agrees to vet min contract + incentives ... which he could get better offer from other teams but lower than his current rediculous asking price)

But if you think of the chances he has to win a super bowl with any other team those chances are slim to none for the next few years.

So the chances of another team winning a super bowl in the next few years are slim to none? Man, where do I sign up for that bet?

Lavar is the type of linebacker who apparant to this season was not working in a Greg Williams type defense. Lavar tended to do a hell of alot better as a freelancer, whereas this year Greg was trying to get him to be more disciplined and not allowing him to roam all over the field to do whatever he pleased, personally i'm glad to see him go because I think not only will our defense improve, but i think he'll be able to do a hell of alot better in a defense where he's allowed to "freelance" a la Marv Lewis defense (anybody else thinking he's going to the bungalos?).

Man, I have had it with these posts. Why hasn't this been closed yet? Has it slipped by the mods? I see some posts closed, and I think it's borderline, then I see something as stupid as this, and it's wide open. Come on guys, do your job, and end this. Is this a new subject that hasn't already been posted? I don't get it anymore.

I don't think it would be impossible for Arrington to eventually return to the Redskins, but certainly not this year and probably not for several years, but I would rate the chances of that happening at less than 50 percent. The only reason why there is any chance of it happening is historical precedent with some players opting to eventually return to their original teams.

he gave them 4 million in cap room. they owe him a favor. he took a hit for the good of the team.

i say he needs to come back, and the coaches and snyder owe it to him to let him come back, compete and redeem himself. this is the first time in 2 years he'd be 100 percent. if he did in fact want to come back here after all they've put him through and how much he gave up, helping them out, it would say a lot about him.

he gave them 4 million in cap room. they owe him a favor. he took a hit for the good of the team.

i say he needs to come back, and the coaches and snyder owe it to him to let him come back, compete and redeem himself. this is the first time in 2 years he'd be 100 percent. if he did in fact want to come back here after all they've put him through and how much he gave up, helping them out, it would say a lot about him.

Hold on a second! Exactly what did THEY put him thru?

In some strange way i believe Lavar Arrington will end up back in Washington this year.

Of course it would mean accepting a lower priced deal than he was getting before with us and probably lower than any deal he would obtain in the open market right now. But if you think of the chances he has to win a super bowl with any other team those chances are slim to none for the next few years. However, as he is a self-declared redskin for life I suspect he may opt to return to our beloved franchise because (even though its too soon to say) WE HAVE THE BEST CHANCE OF A SUPERBOWL VICTORY.

What price would you pay to obtain a ring with the franchise you have built your career around.

Also he would show all the haters, media and some fans alike that he is indeed a team player and willing to do anything for the benefit of our beloved franchise.

Lavar come on home we have no hard feelings, come get this ring !!!

This is my first thread here, and just my 2cents. :2cents:

:dallasuck HTTR

I was telling a today about how it's too bad that he wasn't more mature. I don't think he can handle coaches telling him how they want him to play. He says he has no problem with it but he complained about every coach that made him play within a scheme. Also, he wasn't the man anymore. More maturity would've translated into stability, for the first time in his career, a ring, the fans still loved him; he was at home here. He should've accepted the discipline and he would've been in our ring of fame.

Hold on a second! Exactly what did THEY put him thru?

1. changing coaches almost every year and forcing him to learn a new system....enduring losing seasons, etc.

2. DS removing the signing bonus from the final copy of the contract. (sure, the agents messed up by not reviewing it properly, but the fact that it happened was kind of grimy)

3. making him a scapegoat in return for calling the organization out for the contract dispute.

a. taking him off marketing, overblowing his weaknesses to make him look bad

b. sitting him in the beginning of the year when he should've started

c. sitting him on third downs (how do you do that to a guy whose primary strength is blitzing?)

d. coach lindsey's overstepping his bounds by trying to get physical with lavar (players said lindsey was out of line)

all in all, i think lavar's unceremonious exit was premature and in poor taste. sure, he could've reconstructed his contract, but he couldn't get a guarantee that he wouldn't be cut by june 1. with all the animosity built up over the past year or so with the coaches, he may have felt that he would be cut anyway otherwise.

Archived