Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yes, another LaVar thread...

timdaley73

I am a Penn State alum and I couldn't think of anything better than to pick LaVar Arrington with our 2nd pick overall... HOWEVER, I couldn't stop to think, if Gibbs and Williams were at the helm at the time of the draft, if they would actually have picked LaVar... Think of other possibilities...

Jamal Lewis?

Corey Simon?

Brian Urlacher?

John Abraham?

Julian Peterson?

Shaun Alexander?

Keith Bulluck?

Your thoughts?? As much as I love LaVar, I really don't think he would have been a Gibbs/Williams type of a guy...

If we play it smart we will have a new #56 and this one will get us 10 sacks per yer min.:)

Our old #56 may have had even more than that if he had been surrounded by this talent and played every down. I am happy about the acquisitions, but upset that Arrington won't be here to build on last year's success. So as not to stray from the original topic, I think anyone would've picked Arrington. As it was, I was thrilled that Cleveland did not.

Arrington would have been picked but like Sean Taylor and Carlos Rogers would have been schooled by Gregg Williams and not allowed to become the ego case he ultimately became here.

Williams through shrewd use of playing time and his plan of substituting in and out multiple players, gets guys' attention and prevents them from becoming complacent :)

HOWEVER, I couldn't stop to think, if Gibbs and Williams were at the helm at the time of the draft, if they would actually have picked LaVar... Think of other possibilities...

Jamal Lewis?

Corey Simon?

Brian Urlacher?

John Abraham?

Julian Peterson?

Shaun Alexander?

Keith Bulluck?

Your thoughts?

Don't look back, or you'll turn into a pillar of salt

I was really pulling for Lavar when he came out of college. I wanted him sooo bad. Athletically he's a beast, but not really football smart. He was constantly out of position and his intentisity without smarts led to lots of overpursuits. I always thought he was seriously overrated as a LB when he was here.

Had Arrington been with Gregg Williams from the beginning things might have turned out differently. He would have been in the doghouse early on in his career and would have long learned his lesson by now and would have mastered the scheme.

This is along the lines of what I was thinking, except had Gregg drafted him I don't think there would have been any trouble from LaVar. :) :2cents:

Guys, let it go already. He is gone. He did not want to be a Redskin this year, so please, let's discuss the future, not what could have been. It's just amazing to see so many people who can't let it rest.

Did you notice the title?? Just pointing out that you could have skipped the thread, knowing a thread about LaVar, is not about the future as far as the Skins are concerned.

I am certain Arrington would have been here. The hype that surrounded him was truly amazing and his potential was off the charts.

I think the real question is, had Arrington had a steady coaching staff would he have achieved his potential already?

that is the correct question to ask, imo. you hit the proverbial nail on the head.

Archived