Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Redskins could still land Abraham...

Die Hard

Guys like Walt Harris are going to be plentiful in the second round of free agency.

Heck, somebody just picked up Atrell Hawkins a few days ago :laugh:

Good for him. Last year we waited until mid June to pick him up. :laugh:

The Redskins have all 5 starters back from last year. And it's not going to break the bank to get a few reserves in here.

We effectively lost Raymer and Ray Brown this offseason. Both making peanuts :) It's not going to cost a lot to get their replacements.

I think the goal should be to UPGRADE the OL reserves, not just replace Raymer and Brown, who, frankly, only deserved peanuts. When Thomas went out, it hurt. The Skins need some competent backups on the OL, and no, you can't get them for peanuts.

The Redskins have all 5 starters back from last year. And it's not going to break the bank to get a few reserves in here.

We effectively lost Raymer and Ray Brown this offseason. Both making peanuts :) It's not going to cost a lot to get their replacements.

Tony, don't forget Wilson and Molinaro. It's time for them to start contributing.

I don't see it happening...

I agree with you Die Hard, it's my dream pick up also. I'm not concerned about his supposed character issues. But, I think someone else will step up and offer more (either compensation or money) than we can ultimately afford.

I understand.... I've just got a gut feeling here. I think Abraham wants to come here. All things being equal (or close to), I think people understand that this team is about to take off.

It's young team and core, it's building momentum, all-star coaching staff, it's a great venue, great fans, great tradition.... and the team spends money.

Just a hunch.

Even though the team signed Carter... the money is still there to sign a guy like Abraham. You give them our 2nd round pick, Ramsey and a pick next year... and we don't need much space for a "rookie draft pool" :)

Not to mention... how does this play out? Renaldo Wynn is still under contract. He's also a versatile D-linemen who can play DE and DT. And he's lost some speed on the outside and never provided a pass rush anyways.

We can add Wynn to our DT rotational mix (Griffin, Salevea) and have Carter and Abraham switching with Phillip Daniels.

You can also put Phillip Daniels in... and move Carter to LB in different schemes.

I wouldn't count Abraham out just yet.

I THOUGHT SINCE ABRAHAMS WAS GIVING THE FRANCHISE TAG WE WOULD HAVE TO GIVE UP A FIRTS ROUNDER. WE KNOW FROM SPURRIER, THAT'S NOT A GOOD BUSINESS.:dallasuck

This is what I do know; everybody the skins have gone after this offseason they've gotten. I'm not trying to get my hopes up like that, but with Snyder and Gibbs track record this offseason I wouldn't be suprised at all. In fact, I believe the skins will get him. It's not a question of if, it's merely a question of how and how soon. :)

I THOUGHT SINCE ABRAHAMS WAS GIVING THE FRANCHISE TAG WE WOULD HAVE TO GIVE UP A FIRTS ROUNDER. WE KNOW FROM SPURRIER, THAT'S NOT A GOOD BUSINESS.:dallasuck

2 first or firts rounders actually, but that can be negotiated (revoking the tag perhaps) as we saw with the Lloyd deal. BTW stop yelling :laugh:

I think the goal should be to UPGRADE the OL reserves, not just replace Raymer and Brown, who, frankly, only deserved peanuts. When Thomas went out, it hurt. The Skins need some competent backups on the OL, and no, you can't get them for peanuts.

If the Redskins wanted to secure high quality offensive linemen... they would have already been on the hunt. The team has identified its areas of concentration.... and it's not in the hunt of big-name offensive linemen. Whether we wish them to or not.

When you got 5 starters the calibre we do... and as much money as is invested in the offensive line... you aren't going to spend big-time money on reserves as well. It isn't logical.

If anything, signing Carter gives the Redskins greater leverage in trade talks with the Jets. Pass Rushing DE is no longer a desperate "need." Also, once Brees decides where he wants to go, the rest of the FA QBs will start to fall into place. The Jets will need to make a move.

not necessarily. they can still trade him for whatever theyre asking for (which may not be a first rounder), but if they let him sign with us for nothing in exchange (in terms of a trade), they get a free first round pick

If anything, signing Carter gives the Redskins greater leverage in trade talks with the Jets. Pass Rushing DE is no longer a desperate "need." Also, once Brees decides where he wants to go, the rest of the FA QBs will start to fall into place. The Jets will need to make a move.

agreed. it seems more and more likely that the Jets arent gonna land brees or culpepper. but, they also have a great pick in the draft where they could land someone big.

Man I have to quit taking naps, when I went to sleep Carter wasn't even in the picture and it looked like things had settled down. NFL radio said somethiing about the Skins being at it again, and I rushed here to find out. I see on the board that it was posted here at 4:30 or so and was just breaking news on NFL Radio at 5:25, geeze, you'd think they would read this board for the news to report. :cheers:

Even though the team signed Carter... the money is still there to sign a guy like Abraham. You give them our 2nd round pick, Ramsey and a pick next year... and we don't need much space for a "rookie draft pool" :)

Not to mention... how does this play out? Renaldo Wynn is still under contract. He's also a versatile D-linemen who can play DE and DT. And he's lost some speed on the outside and never provided a pass rush anyways.

We can add Wynn to our DT rotational mix (Griffin, Salevea) and have Carter and Abraham switching with Phillip Daniels.

You can also put Phillip Daniels in... and move Carter to LB in different schemes.

I wouldn't count Abraham out just yet.

I really hope we can get Abraham....you could really help the Redskins out with your thoughts, only if the evaluated you.

Archived