Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WANTED Adam Archuleta video clips

BlitzFiftySix

I'm excited about the Archuleta pick up, I think he is in fact an upgrade over Clark; however, seeing as how I recently moved to Saint Louis, I decided to ask a few coworkers who were avid follows of the Rams their take.

The things they told me were that everyone was ecstatic when the Rams drafted him and he had two explosive years. Then a couple years ago he tweaked his neck and does not seem to be the same battering ram he used to be. He seems to hold off on a lot of hits and tries to protect his neck and keeps his head away from the hit. That was the part that really concerned me.

They also said he's not a liability in coverage, but he's not the best man to man guy out there. He's a hard hitter, but not the most solid wrap up technique tackler. He's a GREAT blitzer. The guys at work seemed to believe his downfall has been that the Rams have not used him to his abilities. Instead, because of the weak D-line and inconsistent linebackers, he's had to take a few bumps and bruises playing in the box taking on 300 lbs linemen all day long.

My hope is that Archuleta can reach his full potential with Coach Williams. I hope first off that Williams can work with him on his technique and help Archuleta regain his confidence in his neck. I also KNOW that Coach Williams will utilize him in the right way and make him look a lot better than he did here in Saint Louis.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived