Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brunell HAS to be the man

RedskinsFanatic

I've stated a few times on here of my displeasure with Brunell, but I'm going to go back on some of that because to be honest, its the proper and right thing to do. He deserves and will be out starter, I also don't want a phantom gun to his head from other Redskins fans if he starts out poorly due to the addition of some great weapons he now has. Mark has more than earned our commitment as fans to support him, after all he is OUR QB! I've seen some threads already debating the Mark vs. Jason thing....we need to stop it as fans now because today is a GREAT day to be a Skins' fan, Joe & Dan have really brought things to the table and this season will be fun and hopefully best of all....Super! :logo:

has to be the man??? hes done well for himself, and hes a good redskin for what hes done off the field, but look at the last games of the season... he ran out of gas, plain and simple. old vets do that. we may make the playoffs again with him, but there wont be a super bowl run. id rather see campbell get his chance and start a legacy rather than delaying the inevitable (brunell's retirement)...

and why does there have to be a timetable on when we can debate certain topics? the addition of 2 new receivers and a new te is certainly in the realm of bringing up who should be throwing at them, in my book.

yea, Brunell will perform a lot better this season, and i will pick him up in fantasy during my live online draft, opposed to when i picked him up off waivers during week 2 vs the Cowboys, but i still don't believe, and never will believe that he will lead the Redskins to a Super Bowl title, because Jason Campbell is the future.

Mark Brunell is the "MAN"!!! He will be and deserves to be our "STARTER"!!!

I find it "puzzling" to hear a REDSKINS fan not agree with this statement...

After Brunell bring a Lombardi Trophy to DC... They'll then understand...

I agree that Brunell should be the starter coming into next season, but hopefully Campbell will be ready to play if Mark does stumble or get hurt. You can't ask for a better situation for a young QB to come into with a great offensive line pro bowl RB and 3 stud receivers to throw to, not to mention Captain Chaos as our TE. This offense is loaded no doubt about that.

has to be the man??? hes done well for himself, and hes a good redskin for what hes done off the field, but look at the last games of the season... he ran out of gas, plain and simple. old vets do that. .

Wrong. Running out of gas and playing hurt are two different things. Brunall played hurt and older vets don't run out of gas. Instead they take charge and lead teams in crunch time. The man is a great leader and field general. Something we didn't have playing behind him this last season.

has to be the man??? hes done well for himself, and hes a good redskin for what hes done off the field, but look at the last games of the season... he ran out of gas, plain and simple. old vets do that. we may make the playoffs again with him, but there wont be a super bowl run. id rather see campbell get his chance and start a legacy rather than delaying the inevitable (brunell's retirement)...

and why does there have to be a timetable on when we can debate certain topics? the addition of 2 new receivers and a new te is certainly in the realm of bringing up who should be throwing at them, in my book.

Why does there have to be a timetable on when to insert Jason Campbell? The Pro-Bowl caliber play of Mark Brunell last season certainly warrents another season as the #1. He was nothing short of outstanding last season. His TD to INT ratio is a major indicator of that fact, as is the team's 11-7 record. Brunell had the best year of a pretty good career and will have another good year next year. Oh, and for the record, he did not "run out of gas," he got injured. A healthy Brunell is a great option at QB.

Of course, Brunell will be the starter. You can count on it. Gibbs will go with the veteran. He won three Super Bowl's with veteran passers whose "inevitable" retirement was fast approaching. I expect Brunell to be the fourth. Its only right kid.

Personally I'm torn. I like Brunell very much as a person. But as a quarterback, he is just not someone who can make me comfortable - he NEEDS his mobility, and he just isn't right if his legs aren't. I like pocket passers, and just can't be comfortable with anything else.

Still, the Skins are the Skins. I'll hope for the best.

I've stated a few times on here of my displeasure with Brunell, but I'm going to go back on some of that because to be honest, its the proper and right thing to do. He deserves and will be out starter, I also don't want a phantom gun to his head from other Redskins fans if he starts out poorly due to the addition of some great weapons he now has. Mark has more than earned our commitment as fans to support him, after all he is OUR QB! I've seen some threads already debating the Mark vs. Jason thing....we need to stop it as fans now because today is a GREAT day to be a Skins' fan, Joe & Dan have really brought things to the table and this season will be fun and hopefully best of all....Super! :logo:

Still thought we couldv'e done better and shouldnt've paid all that $ for him.

He now has so much to work with and he should show his true colors....

Pop quiz people , among starting QB's in the NFL which has the highest career passer rating, i'll give ya three guesses and the first two don't count. Mr. Brunell is and more than likley will be our starting quaterback for the next two maybe three seasons. To be honest I didnt like the move when Gibbs brought him in , I was a huge Ramsey fan , however in Gibbs I trusted and low and behold he was right. For you nay sayers who doubt our latest signings, were you possibly the same ones who frowned on coles for moss??? Just trust Joe the man is a born WINNER and will lead us to the promise land once agian!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just look at what Brunell did when he had SMith and McCardell. The one thing he never had was a #3, however. I think he has 3 now.

what Mark Brunell did with Smith and McCardell? they are two of the top WRs in the past 10 years of the NFL and if Brunell was so great like people are making him out to be after one season of success, then you must not realize to this day that the Jaguars got rid of him to instead kept Leftwich and Garrard.

What's all this crap about Brunell's legs? Anyone remember any runs against any Dallas teams that set up any Monday Night Miracles? Stop ragging on the guy. I'm as excited as anyone for Jason Campbell, as his name is both my first name and my favorite condensed soup, but come on. Brunell is amazing and I'm unbelievably grateful for having him lead us to glory last season.

Archived