Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brunell HAS to be the man

RedskinsFanatic

If brunell plays poorly with this offensive team, WHO ELSE IS TO BLAME?

Dont tell me if he starts poorly we shouldnt expect campbell to come in. Honestly that is one of the dumbest things ive read on here this week. I really hope campbell starts this year, but really, even a QB like Brunell can win with these guys, so I dont anticipate any problems either way. Will Brunell start next year? Depends on Campbells progress. Can we go to the playoffs with Brunell? Easily. But if the Redskins passing game falters(which it wont), there is one person to blame and one only, the QB.

Brunell our starter again, you must be kidding?! After all Campbell has done in his NFL career O TDs 0 yards passing 0 yards rushing, how in the world does anybody think an old man that barely got us 2 GAMES from the SUPER BOWL can win one game. Campbell has done NOTHING. I hear people talking of Brunell hurt but how about the REAL reasons we couldnt score after the Cowboys game: (1)RANDY THOMAS who protects Brunells blindside. (2) Only Santana Moss could get open.

GO Redskins Go Mark Brunell

I've stated a few times on here of my displeasure with Brunell, but I'm going to go back on some of that because to be honest, its the proper and right thing to do. He deserves and will be out starter, I also don't want a phantom gun to his head from other Redskins fans if he starts out poorly due to the addition of some great weapons he now has. Mark has more than earned our commitment as fans to support him, after all he is OUR QB! I've seen some threads already debating the Mark vs. Jason thing....we need to stop it as fans now because today is a GREAT day to be a Skins' fan, Joe & Dan have really brought things to the table and this season will be fun and hopefully best of all....Super! :logo:

Doesnt take much to earn your respect from the QB position does it? Brunnell is the absolute worst QB to ever dawn a redskin uniform. One day JG will figure that out too and get his sorry azz out of there.

Doesnt take much to earn your respect from the QB position does it? Brunnell is the absolute worst QB to ever dawn a redskin uniform. One day JG will figure that out too and get his sorry azz out of there.

2 Games away from the SuperBowl...played while HURT....Stepped up to restructure his contract to help the team...Seems like it takes alot to impress you Buck....:logo:

I honestly think Brunall should'nt be the starter b/c he only throws for 130 yards 90% of the time.The only reason we won all those games was'nt Brunell it was b/c of our tough defense.Don't get me wrong I like Brunell as a person BUT his playing days have all but passed him up.I am willing to give Brunell a chance to start at the beginning of the season but if he stinks up the stadium then I want Ramsey in there if he is'nt traded.If he is traded then you HAVE to give Cambell a chance.

has to be the man??? hes done well for himself, and hes a good redskin for what hes done off the field, but look at the last games of the season... he ran out of gas, plain and simple. old vets do that. we may make the playoffs again with him, but there wont be a super bowl run. id rather see campbell get his chance and start a legacy rather than delaying the inevitable (brunell's retirement)...

and why does there have to be a timetable on when we can debate certain topics? the addition of 2 new receivers and a new te is certainly in the realm of bringing up who should be throwing at them, in my book.

not so plain and simple...Sprained MCL will hurt a lot of players performance. Brunell's stats hit a serious roadblock during and after that Giants game.

I'm interested in seeing how Brunell does in Saunders system. Trent Green is similiar to Brunell in some ways: decent arm and decent mobility with the ability to slide in the pocket. I think either QB will succeed in this system with these weapons. Portis is gonna be the one smiling at the end of the year though...

Brunell our starter again, you must be kidding?! After all Campbell has done in his NFL career O TDs 0 yards passing 0 yards rushing, how in the world does anybody think an old man that barely got us 2 GAMES from the SUPER BOWL can win one game. Campbell has done NOTHING. I hear people talking of Brunell hurt but how about the REAL reasons we couldnt score after the Cowboys game: (1)RANDY THOMAS who protects Brunells blindside. (2) Only Santana Moss could get open.

GO Redskins Go Mark Brunell

Very Wise thinking..... Thomas going down was huge and im pretty sure it was from that side of the line that the Giants guy came thru and hit Brunell's leg hard hurting him for the rest of the season. Brunell can lead us into the dance and win it if we can keep everyone healthy (Shudders at thoughts of Cory Raymer looking absolutely clueless while Seattle's D line ran right thru him 3 straight plays).

RT's injury cost us the Superbowl. Plain and simple. The offense was tearing it up until he went down. Our team this year has a chance to be the absolute dominant force in the NFC on both sides of the ball.

I'm already reserving my hotel room in Miami for next Feb. :D

During the 5 wins in a row and the 2 playoff games Mark Brunell had a 57% completion, threw for 9TDs but turned the ball over 9 times (6Int 4Fum 1Rec) and averaged 22.4 attempts, 12.7 completions, 123.86 yards per game

I said it last season and I'll say it now - Mark was not a major player in this teams turn around at the end of the season. The running game and the defense generating turnovers late in the year are what changed everything for us. Mark is a great guy and I love that he has his heart in the right place - but the production just wasn't there.

Having said that I don't think JC will start over Mark. This team looks like its gearing up to make a run and that typically means that you are going with a first year starter behind center. I just hope Mark can hold up for the whole season - if he can't you have to replace him, 3 years with a drop off in production should get him released or at least demoted. He has to do better THIS year IMO or his career as a starter has to come to an end.

Archived