Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

George Mason is in the tourny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jbooma

Well it is political (near dc) and off topic so it fits in here :) Are just mad because VT couldn't get in

:laugh: :laugh:

No not really, honestly I am more upset that Gtown lost to Cuse the other night the way they did

Felt like a VT loss to me

But we have a discussion going on down there, just makes it easy to have everything together

No not really, honestly I am more upset that Gtown lost to Cuse the other night the way they did

Felt like a VT loss to me

But we have a discussion going on down there, just makes it easy to have everything together

I posted it here so the other GMU fans could see it who do not know or care about the NCAA forum.

I was pissed that GT lost, they just needed to make their FT's and they would have won.

Good for Mason, but do they deserve it? Thats up for debate.

Mason alum here (Go Patriots). Hell yeah we deserve it. Have you seen our RPI? And we beat the champs of the media darling Missouri Valley Conference (#7 seed Wichita State) on their home court. The CAA was a very, very tough conference this year. Just ask Maryland, Virginia, GW or Georgetown if they'd like to go play at the Patriot Center or at UNC-Wilmington.

Mason alum here (Go Patriots). Hell yeah we deserve it. Have you seen our RPI? And we beat the champs of the media darling Missouri Valley Conference (#7 seed Wichita State) on their home court. The CAA was a very, very tough conference this year. Just ask Maryland, Virginia, GW or Georgetown if they'd like to go play at the Patriot Center or at UNC-Wilmington.

Good point!!!

It stinks we do not have Skinn, I think because of that we will not win a game :(

Tough or a lot of parity?

I love the homer spirit but I'm inclined to believe MD, VA, GW, and Georgetown could all win the CAA outright.

You can't tell me you honestly believe GMU is a better all around team than any of the squads above.

Tough or a lot of parity?

I love the homer spirit but I'm inclined to believe MD, VA, GW, and Georgetown could all win the CAA outright.

You can't tell me you honestly believe GMU is a better all around team than any of the squads above.

GW :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'd be willing to bet GW goes further than Mason in the tourney.

I would disagree even though Mason is going to miss one of their best players both will lose in first round, but GW has a nonconference record ranking around 330 out of 340 teams :doh: They are lucly the A10 is bad this year.

I'd be willing to bet GW goes further than Mason in the tourney.

We're playing Michigan State, which is a tough game that we could very well lose. But GW is playing a CAA team (UNC-Wilmington) in the first round, and I'm reasonably confident GW loses that game. Even if GW wins, that game will be VERY close...mark my words.

You might be interested to know that these CAA teams did the following this year...

*Mason best 7-seed Wichita State @ Wichita State.

*Hofstra won @ St. John's by 13.

*Old Dominion beat DePaul by 44 points (yes, 44).

*Old Dominion beat Georgia by 9.

*Old Dominion beat Virginia Tech.

*VCU beat 20-win Houston.

*Drexel lost to Duke by only 10 on a neutral court.

I'm a current GMU student and am pumped to see the team make it as an at large. Skinn's suspension definately hurt our seeding (I saw one projection where we were a 7 seed).

I don't like the matchup we have with Michigan St. With Skinn out, its going to be pretty hard to win this guy. The young guys have to step up. If we do win, it will be a huge boost not only for the Mason's bball program, but the entire CAA.

Archived