Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per CPND: Randle El HAS NOT signed yet

carter23

For you doubters, don't you think that Joe Gibbs knows what in the hell he's doing? Your actually questioning his decisions? We have had 13 years of hell. he gets us in the playoffs in his 2nd year. What does the man have to do to convince some of you that he knows football and you probably don't. That's why he makes the big bucks and the rest of us are sitting here chatting on this board. Try to have a little faith.

Just making up things as you go. He was the second reciever on the super bowl winning team. But he is not good enough for us?

No, I'm not. What am I making up? He did nothing as a reciever for the Steelers. Look at his stats. Funny, how board members were calling him overrated just a month ago, and now that we've signed him all the faults they've mentioned no longer apply. Alot of you people need to stop being homers and look at the bigger picture.

Lloyd was a good move, Randle El was overboard, especially for the amount of money we signed him for.

Why is everyone so enamored with Patten? All he did was not catch balls and complain about pass interference not being called. Plus he is pissed about being put on injured reserved when he claimed to be healthy. Sounds like a lavar situation there. If you talk about the team, you lose your job....

I am not really worried about the money because we have seen what our FO does with money problems... they make them dissapear... i think we sign the other players we need as well.. hopefully DE and some O-line depth.....we also have a second in the draft that can hopefully address one of these needs as well......

as stated before i dont think you can add too many options... ARE will be that player that just gives us that little extra edge...helps us win an extra game or two.....

only thing that worries me is the chemistry.. our team last year had great chemistry and that helped us reach the playoffs... hopefully these new guys can come in and get along with everyone and it will be great... i think it will...

if the parameters of the Redskins offer are true.......6 years, $31 million with a $10 million bonus, how could Randle El realistically leave this deal on the table to visit other clubs? Nobody else is going to come close to those numbers.

Edgerrin James only received a $7 million bonus when he signed earlier today :)

EVERYONE IS OVER PAID. THAT IS THE NFL. What good player is going to take vet min plus incentives to play? And reciever is harder spot to fill then running back. Randel is 26 and may play for 10 more yrs here. James will be gone in a max of 3.

if the contract is 6 years it probably goes like this

2 mil in SB each year for 5 years

2006 1.5 mil

2007 2.5 mil

2008 3.0 mil

2009 3.0 mil

2010 5 mil

2011 6 mil

possibly with the last two being voidable by either team.... keep in mind that there may be incentives to make the deal WORTH 31 million... some of them may be in the ever elusive "may not be reached" category that won't count on the cap unless he hits them.

And some people will never use their brains and defend the FO no matter what.

GB,

I understand you being a little hesitive on the move.

It may sound like overkill, but I'll ask you again how you feel when we're deep in the playoffs.

I'm really excited. Hell, it's not my money:)

Remember a lot of people thought the Moss trade was bad, as well as the Bailey one. Let's not get too peeved before we even see it one the field.

No, I'm not. What am I making up? He did nothing as a reciever for the Steelers. Look at his stats. Funny, how board members were calling him overrated just a month ago, and now that we've signed him all the faults they've mentioned no longer apply. Alot of you people need to stop being homers and look at the bigger picture.

Lloyd was a good move, Randle El was overboard, especially for the amount of money we signed him for.

The Steelers do not pass the ball much. Do you see Buress numbers after he left? You are not making sence. How can he do nothing as second reciever and they still win the super bowl?

He doesn't deserve that type of contract, that is crazy. He's a good player, but he has yet to prove himself as a reciever. He biggest contribution to the superbowl was the trick play where he threw a touchdown. How important is THAT to our passing game?

I would've rather let another team overpay for his services than us. I thought Danny boy had learned his lesson. :doh:

Enough Negativity...stop. ~ Believe in Gibbs and Co. enjoy the decision, enjoy his talent...:logo:

There is more to football then numbers. Moss did not put up any numbers before he came here but his talent was clear. Same with Randel EL. He gets open like a number 2 reciever.

I THNK this is the best deal we have made other then Moss and Portis in yrs. Randel EL is the type of guy that does all the little things to get u 2 extra wins.

When you produce on the football field, you put up numbers. Randle El hasn't produced well enough as a reciever to warrant that type of contract, the evidence is in his lack of numbers.

Furthermore, as a full-time starter his last two seasons as a Jet, Santana STILL had better numbers than Randle El. A 'good' #2 reciever can definitely do better than a mediocre 600 recieving yards in a season. Hell, Rod Gardner did that for us easily. Were you impressed by his performance?

And some people will never use their brains and defend the FO no matter what.

When will you use your brain and realize that we're never going to be in serious cap troubles and that it shouldn't matter to you what we sign guys to.

If we didn't get in trouble this year and we haven't in past years, it's NEVER going to happen.

Why people insist on believing this is all Snyder and his overspending ways that got Randle El here is beyond me. Obviously Joe Gibbs and Al Saunders wanted Randle El for a reason and wanted to do whatever it took to get him to sign. I'll take Joe Gibbs and Al Saunders word on football over anyone on this forum any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

I hope that we didn't give RE a bigger contract than Santana...

If we didn't, then I feel very good about these moves. RE is explosive, just like Santana. We loved the production we got out of him last season, and we are seeking out the same thing in RE...and also in B-LLoyd.

If one stat for WRs shows 'explosiveness,' then it would be YPC. By borrowing the graphic from Kevin B.'s sig, we can see this illustrated (below). We heard last season how we were attracted to Moss and Patten because of their YPC.

I feel like Pittsburg wasn't using RE to his potential, much like Moss wasn't used to his potential w/ the Jets. Give him more opportunities to make plays, and he will. Throw B-Lloyd in there, and we have a TON of talent roaming opposing teams' secondary.

When will you use your brain and realize that we're never going to be in serious cap troubles and that it shouldn't matter to you what we sign guys to.

If we didn't get in trouble this year and we haven't in past years, it's NEVER going to happen.

When will you use your brain and realize I never even mentioned a salary cap. :doh: Your grasping at straws trying to defend this signing. Randle El isn't worth that money, and even though may not deal with serious cap troubles doesn't mean that contract can't stop us from signing someone we could really need.

When are you homers going to stop beating around the bush at look at the real issue here? Antwaan Randle El is just not THAT good of a reciever. When you play opposite of Hines Ward, a perennial probowler and regularly double covered, yet still can't be more productive how do you deserve that type of contract.

Last season he went 15 weeks without scoring a single touchdown. He only had 2 games where he caught 4 passes or more. Those are not the type of numbers you would expect from your second best reciever.

Ok, I have seen some people saying 6 years - 31 million 'including' 10 million in bonuses. I have seen 6 years- 31 million 'with' a 10 miillion signing bonus. Does anyone know what the real numbers are?

If the bonus money is included, then it really isn't that big a number is it?

a lot of fantasy football guys do not like this deal. Just like the Moss deal. They have no idea what kind offense the Steelers run. Why do you think Buress wanted out? That is a pounding system.

Yet Burress spent 4 years in that same system playing better than Randle El has ever produced.

When you produce on the football field, you put up numbers. Randle El hasn't produced well enough as a reciever to warrant that type of contract, the evidence is in his lack of numbers.

Furthermore, as a full-time starter his last two seasons as a Jet, Santana STILL had better numbers than Randle El. A 'good' #2 reciever can definitely do better than a mediocre 600 recieving yards in a season. Hell, Rod Gardner did that for us easily. Were you impressed by his performance?

You're right, he's not worth that much money. But don't worry, he will never see all that money. The Danny/Gibbs braintrust is smarter than you, and they know what they are doing. If ARE turns out to be a bust 3 years from now, Danny boy will find a way to get rid of him and save some money, just like he did with Lavar's ridiculous contract. Don't be scared about wasted money.

Also, don't underestimate ARE's role here. We didn't just add an expensive 3rd receiver, but an explosive KO and PR man as well. Starting field position was one of our WORST problems last season, and this helps alot. And know more holding your breath because Antonio Brown is back there fielding punts.

This guy is versatile in many ways, and that is a hard thing to come by in the NFL.

If it works out, we are smart. If it doesn't, Danny will find a way to make the hit not as bad as it should have been and everyone thought it would be.

Agreed. After what they managed to do this offseason and this staff's ability to get players to restructure to help the squad, I'm no longer going to worry about a player's contract and how it'll effect the cap in 3 years.

This FO has clearly demonstrated year after year that it knows what it's doing with regards to the cap.

So with that as a backdrop, I can't see how ARE is not an upgrade over Patten/Jacobs/Brown and thus why any Skins fan would be upset with this move. :whoknows:

Archived