Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per CPND: Randle El HAS NOT signed yet

carter23

Lemme think about can we distribute the ball enough to make this worth it?

Hmmm... when did Gibbs have 3 star receivers with a good TE and RB? hmmm,....

91/92? Didn't all three WR have over 1000 yards? Just curious... I think we led the league in 40+ yard plays too...

The Steelers do not pass the ball much. Do you see Buress numbers after he left? You are not making sence. How can he do nothing as second reciever and they still win the super bowl?

The word is "sense", and I'm making a ton of it.

Yeah, I saw Burress' numbers after he left. They went up. Did you see Burress' numbers before he left? They were still better than Randle El's, MUCH BETTER. He broke 1,000 yards twice, something RE hasn't even come close to doing. Furthermore, Hines Ward has no problem getting the ball. He scored 11 touchdowns last season, and only missed 1,000 yards by 25, breaking his streak of doing so of 4 seasons in a row.

But I guess if you want to continue to believe Randle El failed to impress simply because the Steelers like to run the football, than be my guest. I'm looking forward to seeing how impressive RE is as our returner, I'm not expecting too much from him when we're running plays.

For you doubters, don't you think that Joe Gibbs knows what in the hell he's doing? Your actually questioning his decisions? We have had 13 years of hell. he gets us in the playoffs in his 2nd year. What does the man have to do to convince some of you that he knows football and you probably don't. That's why he makes the big bucks and the rest of us are sitting here chatting on this board. Try to have a little faith.

Amen, brother

I heard the interview as well and that is not exactly what he said. He said that he had just talked to EL 10 minutes ago and that he had not signed a deal yet. And that he was expected to go visit Chicago. The ESPN report which came after the Sirius interview, said that they had agreed on a contract and turned down the Chicago offer. Both statements are probably true. My bet is that El has agreed to sign with Washington.

For those of you doubting Randle El, keep in mid we are getting a receiver who can perform in the slot, who is a phenomenal kick/punt returner and can provide us w/ some trick plays (such as WR pass and end around). El's contact isn't that huge anyways. He's getting $5mill a year in regular contract. His signing bonus? C'mon, you're a fool if you thought for a second El wasn't going to get a big signing bonus, that's how we do business.

Ok, I have seen some people saying 6 years - 31 million 'including' 10 million in bonuses. I have seen 6 years- 31 million 'with' a 10 miillion signing bonus. Does anyone know what the real numbers are?

If the bonus money is included, then it really isn't that big a number is it?

bschurm... go to ESPN - right on the NFL home page - click on the link...

You'll see the same quote I used a page or so ago - 31 mil including 10 mil in bonuses (which can include BOTH signing bonuses AND incentives AND roster bonuses)

Last season he went 15 weeks without scoring a single touchdown. He only had 2 games where he caught 4 passes or more. Those are not the type of numbers you would expect from your second best reciever.

The Steelers aren't a passing team. Look at these passes thrown by Roethlisburger in games this season.

11 (!), 21, 28, 26, 14, 30, 26, 41, 20, 12, 20, 16.

In Batch's two starts he threw 16 & 19 passes

He averaged 16 yards a catch. When you look at the games & see lines such as- 2 catches 89 yards, or 3 catches 75 yards, you start to realize that this guy is a game breaker. And that doesn't even take into the fact that he's one of the best punt returners in the NFL.

Field position is a gibbs trademark, this guy will help us with that in spades......

You're right, he's not worth that much money. But don't worry, he will never see all that money. The Danny/Gibbs braintrust is smarter than you, and they know what they are doing. If ARE turns out to be a bust 3 years from now, Danny boy will find a way to get rid of him and save some money, just like he did with Lavar's ridiculous contract. Don't be scared about wasted money.

Also, don't underestimate ARE's role here. We didn't just add an expensive 3rd receiver, but an explosive KO and PR man as well. Starting field position was one of our WORST problems last season, and this helps alot. And know more holding your breath because Antonio Brown is back there fielding punts.

This guy is versatile in many ways, and that is a hard thing to come by in the NFL.

If it works out, we are smart. If it doesn't, Danny will find a way to make the hit not as bad as it should have been and everyone thought it would be.

Maybe I've got too much ego to admit either of them are smarter than me, but I do see your point about his versatility. I'm happy about the upgrade at PR, he definitely better than Antonio Brown.

you seem like a angry Cowboys fan.

Oh STFU! Look at my post history. I've been here longer than you, been a loyal Skins fan longer than you, and evidently from this very discussion I'm also smarter than you.

Just because I exercise my right of freedom of speech, and *gasp* independent thought (have you ever heard of that?) doesn't mean I'm automatically some Cowgirls fan trying to rain on your parade. If don't want to read what I'm writing than go read another thread and STFU. If you want to counter my argument than do so, attacking me personally only proves you don't even know what to say.

Why hasn't this thread died yet now that we have ESPN and WP confirmation of the signing? Shouldn't the debate about whether the signing was good happen in the thread confirming the signing?

Amen. Someone close this thread please. We have enough confirmation.

Burress' stats were identical his last year in Pittsburgh to El's save for the 4 TD/100some yard difference.

Quitchyer****in and accept that he's on the team now.

Touchdowns make a pretty big difference, you also seem to disregard the two previous seasons before that, but I guess when you're obviously not looking at it objectively than that shouldn't come as a surprise.

Quit my ****in'? That's cute. I've forgotten how bold people are over a message board. :laugh: Yes, I'm so scared now. :doh:

Archived