Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PRESS RELEASE: Lloyd Officially a Redskin

Blade

PRESS RELEASE

For Immediate Release

March 12, 2006

WASHINGTON REDSKINS ACQUIRE WR BRANDON LLOYD

ASHBURN, VA – The Washington Redskins announced today they have acquired wide receiver Brandon Lloyd in a trade with the San Francisco 49ers. Terms of the deal were not disclosed. Lloyd is a dynamic playmaker with the size, speed and athletic ability that will add to the team’s talented group of wide receivers.

The Redskins will introduce Lloyd in a press conference tomorrow, Monday, March 13 at 4 p.m. in the auditorium at Redskins Park.

Lloyd, 6-0, 192 lbs., is a three-year veteran of the NFL who has spent his entire career with the San Francisco 49ers. Lloyd has played in 45 games with 29 starts, tallying 105 receptions for 1,510 yards and 13 touchdowns.

In 2005, Lloyd had his best season, leading the 49ers in receptions (48), receiving yards (733) and touchdowns (5). He recorded single-game career-highs in receiving yards (142), touchdowns (2) and long (89t) against the Dallas Cowboys in Week 3. The following week he recorded a career-best seven receptions for 102 yards against the Arizona Cardinals.

Lloyd was drafted out of Illinois in the fourth round (124th overall) in the 2003 NFL Draft by San Francisco. He finished his collegiate career second all-time at Illinois in receiving yardage (2,583) and career touchdown receptions (21).

This is the official press release straight from the Redskins PR department. I am sure that there will be more details about the contract to be released on Redskins.com or from other sources at some point.

This is all I have for now.

Our wideouts with or withour Randle El may be the tops in the league.

Patten truely doesn't get the respect he's due on this team. Sure he didn't put up huge numbers, but the bottom line is he can get behind most corners in this league. Teams have to repect that. Who didn't notice the difference in our offense when he went down and Jacobs stepped in?

Leave a safety over Moss now if you want. Pick your poison

Patten truely doesn't get the respect he's due on this team. Sure he didn't put up huge numbers, but the bottom line is he can get behind most corners in this league. Teams have to repect that. Who didn't notice the difference in our offense when he went down and Jacobs stepped in?

I love our wideouts; that being said, you think they're better than Harrison, Wayne, and Stokley or Fitzgerald and Boldin?

HTTR

How long is his contract?
ASHBURN, VA – The Washington Redskins announced today they have acquired wide receiver Brandon Lloyd in a trade with the San Francisco 49ers. Terms of the deal were not disclosed. Lloyd is a dynamic playmaker with the size, speed and athletic ability that will add to the team’s talented group of wide receivers.

Are you Patten or his agent? :D

He didn't get respect cause he didn't get open, or when he did - he didn't make the catches... then he got injured.

I hope he proves to be a great one this year... but I am not counting on it... get another WR and make him earn his way back into the top 3 WR in camp

He didn't get respect cause he didn't get open, or when he did - he didn't make the catches... then he got injured.

I hope he proves to be a great one this year... but I am not counting on it... get another WR and make him earn his way back into the top 3 WR in camp

I'm sorry,

I happened to go to every home game last year and saw a lot of space between Patten his defender. Stats are not everything. You have to look at how the offense went up and down the field while he was playing. Patten didn't get the same amount of touches as Moss. Not necessarily because he wasn't open, but because he was the #2 receiver.

Yes, he was hurt and he did drop some passes. But, the passes he dropped started happening moreso after he tore his MCL.

Remember Cooley starting to fumble after he partially tore his?

Pile On Warning. Sorry.

But if you were at many of the games Patten played you would have seen him get open consistently. Prolly why he was so frustrated being put on IR.

More official stuff on Lloyd from Redskins.com:

http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=15806

Redskins Acquire Lloyd In Trade With 49ers

By Gary Fitzgerald

Redskins.com

March 12, 2006

The Redskins have acquired wide receiver Brandon Lloyd from the San Francisco 49ers in exchange for two draft picks, the team has announced.

Brandon Lloyd

Lloyd entered the offseason as a restricted free agent and the 49ers tendered him a mid-level contract offer. The Redskins acquired Lloyd for a third-round draft choice in 2006 and a fourth-round draft choice in 2007.

Lloyd, 6-0 and 192 pounds, is regarded as a speedy receiver with a penchant for big plays. He is coming off a season in San Francisco in which he logged a career-high 48 catches for 733 yards, a 15.3 yards-per-catch average, and five touchdowns. He led the 49ers offense in receptions and receiving yards.

Lloyd was drafted out of Illinois in the fourth round (124th overall) in the 2003 NFL Draft by San Francisco. Lloyd first earned a starting role in 2004 after he added 10 pounds of bulk following his rookie season so that he could better withstand the rigors of the NFL. He responded by catching 43 passes for 565 yards and six touchdowns.

For his career, Lloyd has 105 catches for 1,510 yards and 13 touchdowns. Twenty-five of his catches have gone for 20 yards or more.

Lloyd hails from Kansas City. At Illinois, he led the offense his senior year with 64 catches for 1,010 yards and nine touchdowns. As a junior, he logged 65 catches for 1,062 yards and 10 TDs.

Lloyd joins a Redskins wide receiver corps that struggled to find a second option in the postseason last year. Santana Moss emerged as an elite receiver in the passing game, but David Patten and James Thrash were sidelined by injuries and Taylor Jacobs was unable to establish himself in the offense.

Don't get me wrong I like the Lloyd signing but lets face it the following teams have a better WR Corps: Bengals, Cardinals, Colts, and maybe the Rams.

Archived