Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Clayton's latest blog

azmodeus13

If we get Archuleta, what happens to Clark? I would really hate to see Clark leave.

I really like the fact that we got Lloyd. If we don't get RE, I won't be that hurt because I think that defenses are now going to give a lot of respect to the passing game whether we get him or not. First we have Moss and Lloyd, then we have Patten returning from injury (you know he has a lot to prove), then we have Cooley. Add that in with Portis and the rushing game...SICK!

Why would Randel El come here for a demotion? Since acquiring Lloyd, it is clear that Randel El would just be the #3 receiver. Considering that the #2 here didn't get a whole lot of balls, what is the encouragement to be here other than the money?

Meanwhile, Chicago doesn't have much for WRs. He'd have more of a potential to be a star there.

Jason

Good point. I just don't see us ending up with Randle El nor do I really want him. What we needed was a legitimate 2nd option and we got that with Lloyd. I read that we would then look to Givens but to be honest I don't want him either. What we need IMO is a PR/KR who can double as a WR if necessary due to injury. I am pretty content with Moss, Lloyd, Patten Thrash, and one more WR like a Randy Hymes or Andre Davis at this point.

Why would Randel El come here for a demotion? Since acquiring Lloyd, it is clear that Randel El would just be the #3 receiver. Considering that the #2 here didn't get a whole lot of balls, what is the encouragement to be here other than the money?

Meanwhile, Chicago doesn't have much for WRs. He'd have more of a potential to be a star there.

Jason

Plus thats where his family is also

John Clayton alwyas cracks me up. You look at the guy and know a punter could beat him down, then you see him arguing up against Salisbury who looks like a tough UFC fighter, and Clayton always gets him going. I just think it's funny, because you know Salisbury wants to smack him around for some things he says, but ironically enough, Clayton is the one who's almost always right.

My guess is the Redskins have the best chance to land Archuleta and Collins first.

Carter then becomes the guy that takes a few days based on his other visits and/or the role the Skins have in mind for him. If he is promised a starting job or the chance to compete for one, I think we will get him ultimately. If the team proposes he platoon with Wynn I think he keeps looking.

Randle El I think will sign elsewhere. The Redskins now have #1 and #2 receivers. I don't see him leaving dollars on the table in a year he is a free agent as a Super Bowl champion and accepting a #3 receiver role here in Washington.

There are too many clubs that need receivers. He will get a starter's job somewhere.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=2555

Carter made the conversion from DE to ROLB in the 49ers' 3-4 defensive scheme. He played in 14 games with 12 starts. He plays in regular sets as an OLB and sub as a rush DE. He is a tall muscular OLB with good overall athletic skills for the position. He is a competitive player with a good motor. In the running game, he has the size and strength to set the edge when aligning over the tight end on the line of scrimmage. He has good initial shock with his hands and the ability to hold the point and disengage and get off blocks. He can bend and play with leverage but at times doesn't play with very good recognition skills when reacting to blocking patterns. He has the speed to chase and close down off the backside. In the passing game, he is a high-cut player that struggles to lower his hips and change direction in open space. He has the ability to drop in underneath zones and understands coverage concepts, but doesn't play with a lot of zone awareness. He is a limited match-up player when covering the TE in one-on-one situations. As a pass rusher, he has good initial quickness and first-step explosion off the edge. He has good technique and pass rush skills. He has a long stride which enables him to cover a lot of ground. He has the speed and quickness to bend the edge and close on the quarterback. He has good active hands and relies on counter moves to gain separation. Overall, Carter is a starting OLB whose physical and athletic traits best suite a 3-4 defense. He is an interesting player that could fill a lot of different roles within a defensive scheme. He has some durability concerns after suffering a back injury in 2004.

2001 15 games 7 sacks 2 FF

2002 16 games 13 sacks 3 FF

2003 15 games 7 sacks 1 FF

2004 7 games 2 sacks 1 FF

2005 16 games 5 sacks

Keep in mind that the first three years were at RDE... the fourth was as well but he had a back injury... the fifth was him at OLB in a 3-4

My guess is the Redskins have the best chance to land Archuleta and Collins first.

Carter then becomes the guy that takes a few days based on his other visits and/or the role the Skins have in mind for him. If he is promised a starting job or the chance to compete for one, I think we will get him ultimately. If the team proposes he platoon with Wynn I think he keeps looking.

Randle El I think will sign elsewhere. The Redskins now have #1 and #2 receivers. I don't see him leaving dollars on the table in a year he is a free agent as a Super Bowl champion and accepting a #3 receiver role here in Washington.

There are too many clubs that need receivers. He will get a starter's job somewhere.

Exactly. And where does David Patten fit in? He's already demoted to #3... are they really going after Randle-El to demote him further?

If he doesn't get cut... I think the decision is "do you keep Thrash" as the #5 receiver and ace special teams guy?

you are assuming, as am I, that Patten doesn't show anything. I wonder if this will spur him on since he came here to get out of the 3rd/4th wr spot in NE...

might see a revitalized Patten in the weight room and camp...

I can't see how he can fault the Skins for adding another good WR and giving themselves some insurance against a repeat of last year with no help in the WR corps once Patten went down...

you are assuming, as am I, that Patten doesn't show anything. I wonder if this will spur him on since he came here to get out of the 3rd/4th wr spot in NE...

might see a revitalized Patten in the weight room and camp...

I can't see how he can fault the Skins for adding another good WR and giving themselves some insurance against a repeat of last year with no help in the WR corps once Patten went down...

You never know how he's going to react. You're right. He came here to be a starter.... got injured early and was replaced immediately in the offseason.

If you think about it... in a recent WP article, he spoke about how he was surprised that players would give back money and restructure their contracts to help the team.

Maybe he didn't want to.... because he knew if the Redskins had cap space... they'd be replacing his spot :)

I think Carter and Collins are locks. We'll get them.

Archuleta and Randel El I'm not so sure about.

Yea the Bears seem pretty commited to sign important free agents this offseason and their do anything I personally think to get Randle El. They think their one offensive weapon away from a super bowl(lol)

I want all four but I really dont wanna pay Reggie Wayne money...

1. Reminds me way to much of 2,000 redskins

2. He dosnt deserve Reggie Wayne money!

3.Hmm...I dont know, but is it just me or do Antwaan Randle El and Jason Campbell look the same except Randle El is skinnier.

P.S Jason Campbell is HUGE!!!!!!

Archived