Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The SAVE RYAN CLARK -Movement

Paavo

One more thing... everyone is having amnesia about Ryan Clark getting busted by LT in overtime.

I think Archuleta is better against the run and pass than Clark. St. Louis was top 10 in the league at defending against tight ends...much of that has to do with Archuleta.

I love Clark as much as the next guy and want to see him in B&G... but I'd love to have Archuleta on board.

Wait wait wait, Clark failed to stop LT? Youre kidding right? How did this guy ever get in this league! Every other team has no problem stopping... oh wait, EVERY team has problems stopping LT, so much so that he is one of the best backs in football. I guess we should judge a player all on one play and ingore the complete rest of the season.

That being said, Clark is looking out for himself and rightly so, so hes trying to get as much money as he can(he mentioned something about being able to take care of his family). This is a big payday for him potentialy, and while he would like to be with the Redskins, and would be if the money is close, if anotehr team is willing to give an absurd offer, you cant fault the guy for leaving. The redskins are interested in resigning him, but that is also contingent upon clark signing.

I found this link from Michael David Smith (footballoutsiders.com) on Archuleta as an "Unsung Free Agent".

Adam Archuleta, strong safety, Rams

In terms of pure athleticism, very few players can match up with Archuleta. And because he�s known as a workout freak, there�s no chance of him signing a big contract, becoming complacent, and showing up to camp out of shape, as some free agents have.

On the other hand, Archuleta has been inconsistent on the field. For all his speed, there are times when slower tight ends get open against him. And he whiffed on a tackle on Maurice Hicks� long touchdown run against the Rams. Archuleta was a much better fit in the Lovie Smith defense, which encourages safeties to aggressively attack the ballcarrier, than he is in the Joe Vitt defense, which encourages safeties to read and react. If a team with the right scheme signs him, it would be a good move, but he�s not a player any team should sign if it means making major roster moves to clear cap room.

To make it clear... the only bad plays I can think of Clark having this year were the LT run in overtime, and the marginal personal foul against the Giants. He has been solid for this team.

I really would like to see Archuleta bump Clark down to Pray-low's spot, and Pray-low sit on the bench, only to come off during Special Teams.

I love Ryan Clark but whatever Gibbs and Williams want is what I want. Clark could still be a Redskin even if we sign Archuleta.

I trust the organization too. But I can't remember that ever happening here (signing a replacement and keeping the starter too). I would expect if we get AA that RC will just sign with someone who needs a starter (Buffalo, Cincy ect...) I hope what you say is true though.

Mark :2cents:

I trust the organization too. But I can't remember that ever happening here (signing a replacement and keeping the starter too). I would expect if we get AA that RC will just sign with someone who needs a starter (Buffalo, Cincy ect...) I hope what you say is true though.

Mark :2cents:

You forget one small point that most people (including myself til I saw the FA list on redskins.com) are forgetting - we aren't keeping Stoutmire either... that is two safeties we are possibly losing

Guest santana4prez

Ryan Clark made that big play on Mcnabb and can really hit, but GW knows his defense better than i do.

I like Adam Archuleta he is a "football player".

Archuleta can be a better SS than Clark

IMO if Clark re-signs HE is the insurance policy on Sean Taylor

That was my thought, too. Clark has played awesome for us, and I love to watch him play, but he's only good because he's fearless and full of heart. Archuleta is an athlete with more atlhetic quality, if someone can instill in him Clark's fearlessness, he'll be amazing. Only thing that bothers me about archulets is his pass coverage, with our DB corps, we're gonna need some help from the safeties in coverage, and Archulets just isn't very good at covering anything besides a blocking TE, clark is actually a FS, so he can cover as well as knock heads.

I think Archuleta could be cover for ST if he gets jail time. Either way, sacrifices have to be made, for the team to go foward.

Exactly what I was thinking. ST could get jail time and if he does, he'll probably be done (for like 40+ years. ha...ha..no.). Anyway I think Archuleta is the redskins scapegoat. He's pretty nasty, I mean I wouldn't mind having him on the team.

Dan's using Monopoly money. What the heck sign em both! I like Clark...a lot. And I trust GW to make the best decisions for our defense. A lot of people ( wasn't one of them) cried when Smoot & Pierce left last year. Did we really miss either one? Joe Gibbs is a frikkin genius when it comes to personnel moves, coaching, and people management. Whatever decision we make will be in our team's best interest. Bank it! :thumbsup:

Archived