Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Early Free Agency Reports (ESPN Insider)

Enter Apotheosis

Lots of guys have been mentioned by a lot of sources, including many that Jayneal didn't reference. Lets not be so quick to laugh the guy off. He's certainly pegged the ones the main media has confirmed we're targeting (with the exception of Lloyd who we've not heard anything on). He may well have a valid source.

We've laughed at folks before only to have to apologize later :)

I believe JayNeal7's post said we may get Randle El and Lloyd. If so we will have no more problems on offense as a good #2 was what kept us from a possible Super Bowl last year.Randle El could be #3 reciever and KR/PR. Release Thrash for extra cap space if these signings could happen. Hope it does.

we're not gonna get both of them we already have David Patten to be the #3 receiver

Yea Randle El is definitely not the possesion receiver we need

Ya, but he'd make a perfect #3 wr. With Moss, Lloyd, and Cooley, do we really need Randle El to be a possesion WR? He's still young in his career too, so it isn't too far-fetched to believe the man could learn how to catch better.

Well, here you go...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?name=clayton_john#20060310

"D.C. lobbying players: The Redskins came out swinging. They made contact after midnight Friday with 49ers defensive end Andre Carter, Rams safety Adam Archuleta, Chiefs quarterback Todd Collins and Steelers receiver Antwaan Randle El and have them flying in as early as Saturday."

Well with all the airplanes tied up on these 4 guys, I guess we can all go to sleep now until morning. Unless the Redskins are bringing somebody in by bus or train. :laugh:

I wonder if they also sent a cab to Baltimore to pick up Ma'ake Kemoeatu? :laugh:

We don't have any pure players on this football team. That's not how we roll. Portis throws passes, Brunell throws blocks, and several of our starting defensive players regularly play on special teams. To say we can't use the talent of a player capable of throwing passes, catching passes, and running back kick returns is ignorant. Sit, breathe, think about what you're posting. Have you ever even watched R-E play? He's pure talent, and with a coaching staff like ours we could turn him into our own little monster weapon. Just another way to score points, which beleive it or not, is one of the best ways to win football games.

Spurrier ( :paranoid: ) wanted Randle El instead of Ramsey during the draft. Hell, we are now trying to get R-E and get rid of Ramsey.

we're not gonna get both of them we already have David Patten to be the #3 receiver

Never said we would get both just hoping we can. David Patten hasn't proved anything yet, even when he wasn't injured. We should have never got Patten in my opinion, but maybe Joe Gibbs knows something about Patten I don't know.

Gibbs is not gonna pay Randle El all that money to be a # 3 receiver we still need a defensive end so I really wouldn't count on having Lloyd and Randle El its gonna be 1 or the other

We don't know how much money he'd getting, but we do know Gibbs and Snyder have a plane sent out to get Randle El. Given that's coming from ESPN and the rumors about us going after Lloyd are growing louder and louder, I don't think Gibbs cares what you or I think about what we can do with the cap. It really looks like the skins are going to get who they want, when they want, regardless of whether we think it's possible or not.

Very true. But given the way some of Patten's latest remarks were taken by members of this board, they could lead to a trade of Patten for a draft pick.

Thats true but we wouldnt get a good draft pick for him, he didn't have impressive stats last year that would draw any interest from teams , so I really don't see the skins geting rid of him unless they cut him in june

Lets get real with the whole David Patten thing. What has he done to warrent even a roster spot going into next season? His personality? :laugh: If that was the case, Lavar and Dan Wilkinson would still be here. That's right, I said it; big daddy wilkinson. :cool:

I don't know about the Collins move dude hasn't played in like 5 years :munchout:

Gibbs knows best :cool:

In this case, I think Al Saunders knows best. He's a guy who knows Saunders offense, which makes him probably the perfect veteran guy to bring in to back up our other two guys. (Where's AJ Skins when we need him?)

Actually, I remember an article which singled out Collins as a good backup QB in the league, even tho he hadn't played in a while.

Jason

Lets get real with the whole David Patten thing. What has he done to warrent even a roster spot going into next season? His personality? :laugh: If that was the case, Lavar and Dan Wilkinson would still be here. That's right, I said it; big daddy wilkinson. :cool:

The fact that when he was in there, Moss could get open. Once he went down, no one else on the team could do that. I think some are underrating what Patten did do on the field last year.

Jason

The fact that when he was in there, Moss could get open. Once he went down, no one else on the team could do that. I think some are underrating what Patten did do on the field last year.

Jason

And when he got open what did he do? I clearly remember wanting to throw my fist through the TV screen because of what you just said. Ya he got open, but then what? Patten's old anyway, days are numbered, so he should just go ahead and take a back seat on the depth chart.

Also, you're forgeting about Cooley and the main main Mike Sellers. They got open. :)

Well with all the airplanes tied up on these 4 guys, I guess we can all go to sleep now until morning. Unless the Redskins are bringing somebody in by bus or train. :laugh:

I wonder if they also sent a cab to Baltimore to pick up Ma'ake Kemoeatu? :laugh:

I think The Danny will send Randy Thomas to pick up Kemoeatu in his private limo. That way those two big boys can hit the late night all-you-can-eat buffet on the way back from Baltimore. They should arrive at Redskins Park around noon tomorrow. :silly:

Archived