Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Early Free Agency Reports (ESPN Insider)

Enter Apotheosis

It would be unrealistic to go after Randel El and Lloyd....I doubt either would sign in a situation if they knew they both were coming in to fight for a #2 spot....Plus theres just not enough football to go around in that situation....

Ya, I guess it is quite impossible to ask these guys to put the team first ahead of their own individual stats. :doh: I mean, who cares about the super bowl, every knows its all about getting to the PRO BOWL! :doh: :doh: :doh:

We don't have any pure players on this football team. That's not how we roll. Portis throws passes, Brunell throws blocks, and several of our starting defensive players regularly play on special teams. To say we can't use the talent of a player capable of throwing passes, catching passes, and running back kick returns is ignorant. Sit, breathe, think about what you're posting. Have you ever even watched R-E play? He's pure talent, and with a coaching staff like ours we could turn him into our own little monster weapon. Just another way to score points, which beleive it or not, is one of the best ways to win football games.

I think this is a good point about El. He's not just a WR, so there are a number of ways we could use him to advance the ball.

Never said we would get both just hoping we can. David Patten hasn't proved anything yet, even when he wasn't injured. We should have never got Patten in my opinion, but maybe Joe Gibbs knows something about Patten I don't know.

Seems like Patten was injured long before he stopped playing and that probably explains a lot of his performance last season. It's sad how sometimes playing hurt can ruin a guy's reputation.

Possibly the correct question is not "can he play" but "can he stay healthy".

I don't think Collins will be brought in, ultimately, as a Number 3 QB. I'm starting to get a feeling -- based on nothing than a gut sense --that Campbell may not be the future. It's just been too quiet -- other than the usual Gibb's boiler plate of "he's doing great." If MB goes down this season, due to performance or injury, Collins will be the man.

I don't think Collins will be brought in, ultimately, as a Number 3 QB. I'm starting to get a feeling -- based on nothing than a gut sense --that Campbell may not be the future. It's just been too quiet -- other than the usual Gibb's boiler plate of "he's doing great." If MB goes down this season, due to performance or injury, Collins will be the man.

collins is being brought in to shorten the learning curve for campbell with saunders offense.. same with brunell but to a lesser extent

I think The Danny will send Randy Thomas to pick up Kemoeatu in his private limo. That way those two big boys can hit the late night all-you-can-eat buffet on the way back from Baltimore. They should arrive at Redskins Park around noon tomorrow. :silly:

send salavea along as well as a mid pacific welcoming party

I don't think so... If coach don't have confidence in JC... so why trading Patrick Ramsey ??

Campbell is hour futur and will be for sur our QB N°1 next season.

An earlier poster named jayneal7, or something like that, started a thread on FA rumors, he claimed to have an inside source, and listed which FA's we would get. The ENTIRE list above is exactly who he said we would get. He also said we would get Lloyd for a mid-round pick this year and next year. Interesting stuuf.

Yea, i thought he was just bored and was living in fantasy land when he posted that. Interesting he said that were interested in Brandon Lloyd for a future 1st round pick a I right?

I don't think so... If coach don't have confidence in JC... so why trading Patrick Ramsey ??

Campbell is hour futur and will be for sur our QB N°1 next season.

Exactly, if Joe Gibbs did not like Campbell, we woulda released/traded campbell and Ramsey woulda been our future...again

Trust me, Ramsey woulda stayed if he could. The last thing he wants to do is leave everything behind and start on a new team like the Jets.

Yea, i thought he was just bored and was living in fantasy land when he posted that. Interesting he said that were interested in Brandon Lloyd for a future 1st round pick a I right?

not right...Jayneal said it would be a 3rd & a 4th.

I think his info was legit.

I just hope Llyod doesn't become a distraction here.

I'd remain shocked if we got BOTH Lloyd and Randle El. I am not huge on Randle El, but, as the No. 2/No. 3 receiver, he's hard to argue with, though the price would seem steep :).

reading reports of Lioyd's attitude, he doesn't seem like a Gibbs type guy

It would be unrealistic to go after Randel El and Lloyd....I doubt either would sign in a situation if they knew they both were coming in to fight for a #2 spot....Plus theres just not enough football to go around in that situation....

Per ESPN

The Redskins are also working on a possible trade for restricted free agent Brandon Lloyd of the 49ers. Lloyd was given the first round tender, but the Redskins have initiated trade talks that could give the 49ers two mid-round draft picks. Lloyd agreed Friday night to make a visit to the Redskins on Sunday. There is a good chance Lloyd will come to an agreement with Redskins for big money before the end of the weekend. The plan for the Redskins is to sign Antwaan Randle El and Lloyd.

I don't know about the Collins move dude hasn't played in like 5 years :munchout:

Gibbs knows best :cool:

The "dude" shouldn't have to play, he'll be a third stinger and has experience in the system to help out Campbell/Brunell.

I'd remain shocked if we got BOTH Lloyd and Randle El. I am not huge on Randle El, but, as the No. 2/No. 3 receiver, he's hard to argue with, though the price would seem steep :).

well we carried only 4 wr last season, and it was too few, and came back to haunt us.

I can see signing 2 FA wr's

Archived