Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP : Redskins Release 5 plus more info! plus KFFL info!

DonMagicJuan

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/03/10/AR2006031001748.html

Redskins' Shopping List Is Long as Market Opens

By Jason La Canfora

Washington Post Staff Writer

Saturday, March 11, 2006; Page E03

The Washington Redskins began pursuing several free agents last night before the market officially opened at 12:01 a.m. this morning, and also were working to acquire restricted free agent wide receiver Brandon Lloyd from the San Francisco 49ers, according to several league sources.

The Redskins were poised to begin talks with free agent defensive linemen, linebackers, defensive backs, tight ends and backup quarterbacks, sources said, and also have been working toward dealing backup quarterback Patrick Ramsey for draft picks.

LOOK AT THE LINK.....it says who we have contacted or havent contacted!

*EDIT*

just to break it down...here is the facts from KFFL...

Redskins | Team won't make a major move to sign Greisen

Fri, 10 Mar 2006 19:36:02 -0800

Jason La Canfora, of the Washington Post, reports the Washington Redskins were not poised to be a major player in the race to sign free agent LB Nick Greisen (Giants), according to representatives for players on the linebacker market.

Redskins | Team won't make a major move to sign Peterson

Fri, 10 Mar 2006 19:35:42 -0800

Jason La Canfora, of the Washington Post, reports the Washington Redskins were not poised to be a major player in the race to sign free agent LB Julian Peterson (49ers), according to representatives for players on the linebacker market.

Redskins | Team won't make a major move to sign Leber

Fri, 10 Mar 2006 19:33:02 -0800

Jason La Canfora, of the Washington Post, reports the Washington Redskins were not poised to be a major player in the race to sign free agent LB Ben Leber (Chargers), according to representatives for players on the linebacker market.

Redskins | Team interested in D. Campbell

Fri, 10 Mar 2006 19:31:43 -0800

Jason La Canfora, of the Washington Post, reports the Washington Redskins have contacted the agent for unrestricted free agent TE Dan Campbell (Cowboys), according to a source with knowledge of the situation.

Bills | Team interested in Royal

Fri, 10 Mar 2006 19:29:48 -0800

Jason La Canfora, of the Washington Post, reports the Buffalo Bills have showed significant interest in free agent TE Robert Royal (Redskins), according to league sources.

Redskins | Cartwright signs four-year deal; but the last two can be voided

Fri, 10 Mar 2006 19:27:36 -0800

Jason La Canfora, of the Washington Post, reports Washington Redskins RB Rock Cartwright signed a four-year contract with the team that can void to two years, to a league source.

Redskins | Dockery has not signed tender

Fri, 10 Mar 2006 19:25:15 -0800

Jason La Canfora, of the Washington Post, reports, contrary to earlier reports, Washington Redskins restricted free agent OL Derrick Dockery has not yet signed his tender offer. He was offered a one-year tender that would require a first-round draft pick as compensation should he sign with another team.

Redskins | Team could contact A. Dyson

Fri, 10 Mar 2006 19:24:33 -0800

Jason La Canfora, of the Washington Post, reports the Washington Redskins could contact free agent CB Andre Dyson (Seahawks).

Redskins | Team could contact D. Howard

Fri, 10 Mar 2006 19:23:30 -0800

Jason La Canfora, of the Washington Post, reports the Washington Redskins could contact free agent DE Darren Howard (Saints).

Redskins | Team working to acquire Lloyd

Fri, 10 Mar 2006 19:23:05 -0800

Jason La Canfora, of the Washington Post, reports the Washington Redskins are working to acquire restricted free agent WR Brandon Lloyd from the San Francisco 49ers, according to several league sources. According to sources, the two sides were working on parameters for a deal, but had yet to agree on compensation.

Redskins | Team possibly interested in Keomeatu

Fri, 10 Mar 2006 17:55:17 -0800

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports the Washington Redskins might be interested in signing free agent DL Ma'ake Kemoeatu (Ravens).

Redskins | Team possibly interested in Collins

Fri, 10 Mar 2006 17:54:43 -0800

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports the Washington Redskins might be interested in signing free agent QB Todd Collins (Chiefs).

"Defensive end Andre Carter (San Francisco), defensive tackle Maake Kemoeatu (Baltimore), safety Adam Archuleta (St. Louis) and quarterback Todd Collins (Kansas City) were expected to draw strong interest from Washington as soon as the market opened, and league sources believe wide receiver Antwaan Randle El (Pittsburgh), defensive end Darren Howard (New Orleans) and a cornerback like Andre Dyson (Seattle) could be contacted as well."

I feel bad for Brandon Noble, wasnt he in the middle of his Physical Therapy and he came down with an infection, forcing him to have surgery again? I think it was a staff infection and the majority of doctors were saying his career was over. I hope it works out for this guy, and i hope his knee gets better. He's had a run of bad luck.

Edit : adding the relavance of my post, it said Noble was released in the article...

yes to lloyd, yes to collins (altho he is a lil loco), yes to carter, and no to the others. the DT is basically a big fatty and archuleta is overrated

Archuleta is not really overreated, its not like he has ever made a pro bowl or put up huge #'s everybody knows he is suspect in coverage...what is intrigueing about him is that he has the potential to be one of the top SS in the league, with Williams coaching him I think this will prove to be a big move IF it goes through. Same goes for Carter, the guy put up 13 sacks in 2002 and could be a top end with the right coaching.

The Redskins have had no recent discussions with starting tight end Robert Royal, another free agent, and two league sources said Washington is pursuing blocking tight ends to fill his role. Royal has received significant interest from Buffalo, according to league sources, and he said last night that he is leaving all options open.

I don't like that!

Redskins | Dockery has not signed tender

Jason La Canfora, of the Washington Post, reports, contrary to earlier reports, Washington Redskins restricted free agent OL Derrick Dockery has not yet signed his tender offer. He was offered a one-year tender that would require a first-round draft pick as compensation should he sign with another team.

I am not trying to stir the pot here but what if he does not sign it? Does he have too? Did he sign the low tender a couple days ago? Any help on this would be appreciated....
Lots of smoke on some of these moves. Some fire there too you have to imagine.
Some of this is generated from agents trying to link there clients to the Redskins...:laugh:

edskins | Dockery has not signed tender

Why hasnt dock signed yet?

It was brilliant that they upped Dockery's tender. Word must have gotten out that someone was looking at him and they said you want him? Give us a first round pick mother ****er.

Time for bed now. Not. Like I'm going to be able to sleep. I think I need to seek some help.

It would be great if we could get TWO quality DE's like Carter and Howard. I also like Kemoeatu and Lloyd, providing Lloyd doesn't cost us to much in draft picks. This would be a major upgrade to our defensive line! :D

I've never been a fan of Robert Royal, so I hope he does sign in Buffalo. Campbell is a good blocking TE, but no pass catching threat. What Al Saunders could use is a pass catching TE like Jeb Putzier.

Andre Dyson would be a good #2 or #3 CB pickup.

Todd Collins I am not sold on, but I guess he would be brought in to teach the other QB's on the roster.

Archived