Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Baltimore Sun also reporting our interest in Kemoeatu...

wilbur58z

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-sp.ravens10mar10,0,7300029.story?coll=bal-sports-headlines

Basically says the Ravens want to re-sign Kemoeatu but may not be able to.

The Ravens' top priority remains retaining Kemoeatu. According to a league source, he will receive interest from the Arizona Cardinals and Washington Redskins. The Cleveland Browns might not be as active in pursuing Kemoeatu as previously believed.

Pasquarelli has him rated as the #8 free agent available.

We may have an advantage in that we're near Baltimore and can offer him the opportunity to start alongside Griff.

Obviously he would replace Salave'a (who will be 31 this year) as the starter and Salave'a would become the 3rd defensive tackle, essentially taking Noble's spot.

I personally like the possibility of getting him because the guy's huge (6'5" 350 lbs), we need depth on the defensive line, and we need to get younger. We had a lot of injuries along the line last year.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-sp.ravens10mar10,0,7300029.story?coll=bal-sports-headlines

We may have an advantage in that we're near Baltimore and can offer him the opportunity to start alongside Griff.

Obviously he would replace Salave'a (who will be 31 this year) as the starter and Salave'a would become the 3rd defensive tackle, essentially taking Noble's spot.

I personally like the possibility of getting him because the guy's huge (6'5" 350 lbs), we need depth on the defensive line, and we need to get younger. We had a lot of injuries along the line last year.

i personally like his size and imagine what type of damage we can do with dts. we can play them at one time along with phillip daniels. o-lines could not focus on 1 plyaer. with the blitzs schemes, we could get pressure within seconds.

I love FA. :) With the cap up and Gibbs calling the shots, we'll be super bowl contenders in no time. Great pick-up if we can nab him. You think it's hard to run up the middle now? It'll be damn near impossible with Kemoeatu next to Griffin. Shoooooooooot.

I love how we are thinking. Living near Bawlmore I've had a chance to see him play. He would be a good pickup and he's a beast. I would also like to grab Anthony Weaver wo's also a FA from Baltimore. It's no coincidence that Baltimore's defense has been the staple of their team and where does a good defense start? The line. Go get 'em guys.

Miami Herald reporting Dolphins interest and also what his asking price might be:

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/14064242.htm

I was getting ready to post this same article, and then this English bloak beat me to it. :laugh:

Of course no one on this side of the pond would know what a bloak is? :laugh:

And come to think of it, I forgot myself. He's probably feeling his kippers this morning. :laugh:

I was getting ready to post this same article, and then this English bloak beat me to it. :laugh:

Of course no one on this side of the pond would know what a bloak is? :laugh:

And come to think of it, I forgot myself. He's probably feeling his kippers this morning. :laugh:

I'm pretty sure that the word is 'bloke'. ;) Anyway, I think that anyone coming over from the Ravens line would be a huge plus. If we held Barber to well under a hundred yards in the second Giants game, and literally knocked out the MVP in the playoffs, imagine the damage we'd cause with Kemoeatu!

Plus bragging rights against Ravens = ownz.

It's bloke, not "bloak" by the way. :laugh:

But Kenoeatu probably will not come cheap, as evidenced by that Herald article. Still, I think the Redskins are in a position to pony up, especially for the type of player like this guy who's young and is the type of player Williams loves: big ass defensive tackles who take up space.

Interesting to note that his nickname is "Kemo", so if we get him, we'll have Kemo and Nemo....two big men at their positions on both sides of the ball.

There's got to be a t-shirt or something in there somewhere....

Dude is going to cost waaaaaaaay too much money to sign as a backup.

If we were to sign him, I'm guessing Joe S becomes a backup.

Is DT really such a weakspot that we need to spend 4 million a year on it at this point? Especially considering our WR and DE needs. Either we are way under the cap or there is a plan for a low cost solution to WR or DE.

Yeah, either him or Ryan Pickett. I'll be happy with either one of them. :D

I think he is Samoan too, like Salave'a, isn't he? Those Samoan guys are beasts. :laugh:

i can't remember wehre the article was, might have been espn, but it said that if you are a pacific islander you are something like 400% more likely to play in the NFL than if you are born in the continental United States. They build'em big strong and fast down there.

Being a DT at 31 isn't like being an RB at 31. The DT will have a bit more longevity. That said, our thinness at DT showed last year when Big Joe and Griff were out at various times.

Yeah my question is, is it worth spending a ton of money to solidify a position that isnt a weakspot in the first place? Salavea played very well last season. While yes there are better DTs we could sign, including this guy, is it worth using all the cap room on a DT when we can use it on a LB, CB, DE, WR, TE etc.

Big Joe was great last year, but I'm not sure how much longer he can hold up as an every down player. This would be a great pickup. Give us depth at a very important position. Our defense was totally different when Griffin went down.

Adding Kemoeatu would definately give the skins one of the better DT rotations in the league, it would also mean that the DT would not necessarily have to be addressed in the draft.

IMO, the skins will add 1 big time DL. If it is a DT (Kemoeatu) then I think the skins will likely not sign a FA DE, instead the would likely select a DE early in the draft. The flip side would be if the skins sign a DE (Carter, Howard, Kampman), then they will likely draft a DT.

FINALLY!!!!! Someone can see the logic that we need a DL but he does not have to be a DE. 2 guys in the middle that require double teams will collapse the pocket, which can be more effective than a rush coming from the outside. Trust me, there is nothing more terrifying to a QB than when his line cannot stop the rush from the middle, particularly from two 300 lb men that are 2 yards from you at the snap of the ball.

Archived