Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Browns interested in LaVar (shocker!)

Oldskool

:laugh:

http://www.cleveland.com/sports/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/sports/1141896706231690.xml&coll=2

With Arrington, Browns call, but money will talk first

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Tony Grossi

Plain Dealer Reporter

The Browns have expressed interest in former Washington linebacker LaVar Arrington, according to his agent.

The question now is whether Arrington has interest in them.

"Yes, they have called to ask if he's going to be available, and the kind of interest he'd have in Cleveland," agent Carl Poston said Wednesday. "I told them he wants to wait for the collective bargaining agreement to be done."

Arrington was released by the Redskins on Sunday after agreeing to forfeit $4.4 million in deferred signing bonus payments. The agreement ended a six-year relationship with the Redskins that grew tumultuous the past two seasons.

Arrington, 27, is free to find a new team immediately, but Poston said they want to first wait for teams to know how much money they have available to spend in free agency.

Owners on Wednesday approved a six-year extension of the collective bargaining agreement, meaning each team will have an additional $7.5 million in salary cap room. Free agency will begin Saturday.

Poston said Arrington will not visit a team unless it proves it is serious first.

"He may want to look at money [offered] before he visits," Poston said.

Arrington signed an eight-year, $68 million contract in December 2003. That deal included a $16 million signing bonus that was to be paid in stages.

The linebacker will command a double-digit signing bonus this time around also.

When the Browns hired Romeo Crennel as coach last year, they were hoping Crennel's stellar reputation would attract star players in free agency, such as Arrington. This will be the first test of Crennel's own star power.

Poston said that a team's coach, its defensive system, its city and money "all come into play" in attracting Arrington.

Arrington was the player the Browns bypassed when it chose defensive end Courtney Brown with the first pick of the 2000 draft. Arrington, Brown's teammate at Penn State, was taken second by Washington.

Arrington never played in a 3-4 system in his six years in Washington, despite playing for four head coaches and four defensive coordinators.

"Doesn't matter," Poston said. "He could play rugby, if he had to."

The Browns' new policy is to not comment on players in free agency.

To reach this Plain Dealer reporter:

tgrossi@plaind.com, 216-999-4670

who cares where he goes, now he is no longer a redskin shouldnt this thread be put in the around the NFL folder, I am sick of Lavar threads, he sold out, he even provided his own 30 pieces of silver, and all because he had to fight to be a starter.good riddance to bad rubbish, the redskins deserve better than this type of player, which is why he has gone

Here's all you need to know about Lavar. It's not the enviroment, his role on the defense, the city or it's fans.... it's who's going to pony up the jack.

Good Riddance.... this team is going to be immeasurably better with him on another team's roster. He's an imposter... an eloquent speaker who knows how to give the soul wrap everyone wants to hear. In reality...he's a money grubbing "me" player that Gibbs and Williams wanted rid of from the moment they became Redskin coaches.

Here's all you need to know about Lavar. It's not the enviroment, his role on the defense, the city or it's fans.... it's who's going to pony up the jack.

Good Riddance.... this team is going to be immeasurably better with him on another team's roster. He's an imposter... an eloquent speaker who knows how to give the soul wrap everyone wants to hear. In reality...he's a money grubbing "me" player that Gibbs and Williams wanted rid of from the moment they became Redskin coaches.

The same thing happened to everybody's darlings Smoot and Peirce and both of them took their pot shots at us. So why should Lavar be treated more harshly. After all, he did free up a **** load of cap space for us this year and several years to come. Everyone seems to forget that aspect of this debacle.

The same thing happened to everybody's darlings Smoot and Peirce and both of them took their pot shots at us. So why should Lavar be treated more harshly. After all, he did free up a **** load of cap space for us this year and several years to come. Everyone seems to forget that aspect of this debacle.

True...thank you Lavar! Please don't come to Cleveland though because I don't want to see 56 Arrington Browns jerseys everytime I turn around. :puke:

True...thank you Lavar! Please don't come to Cleveland though because I don't want to see 56 Arrington Browns jerseys everytime I turn around. :puke:

You may have to take one for the team , as long as he does not sign within our own division. :helmet:

Ehh, he wants to get paid more power to him. Him leaving helps him and us.

On the topic though I believe playing in a 3-4 would better suit his talents and athleticism. I'd rather he played in AFC and hopefully terrorize the ravens which would make me happy two times over.

who cares where he goes, now he is no longer a redskin shouldnt this thread be put in the around the NFL folder, I am sick of Lavar threads, he sold out, he even provided his own 30 pieces of silver, and all because he had to fight to be a starter.good riddance to bad rubbish, the redskins deserve better than this type of player, which is why he has gone

ME for one!!! Please come to the Browns.

Hahaha WHY NOT. Ya we all love the skins, but living in Ohio you've got to be a fan of Cleveland as well, why would you not want to see Lavar here. If not the Skins, please come to the Browns Lavar. Fans here would be crazy about him and he'd be a monster on this defense. :)

:laugh:

http://www.cleveland.com/sports/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/sports/1141896706231690.xml&coll=2

With Arrington, Browns call, but money will talk first

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Tony Grossi

Plain Dealer Reporter

The Browns have expressed interest in former Washington linebacker LaVar Arrington, according to his agent.

The question now is whether Arrington has interest in them.

"Yes, they have called to ask if he's going to be available, and the kind of interest he'd have in Cleveland," agent Carl Poston said Wednesday. "I told them he wants to wait for the collective bargaining agreement to be done."

Arrington was released by the Redskins on Sunday after agreeing to forfeit $4.4 million in deferred signing bonus payments. The agreement ended a six-year relationship with the Redskins that grew tumultuous the past two seasons.

Arrington, 27, is free to find a new team immediately, but Poston said they want to first wait for teams to know how much money they have available to spend in free agency.

Owners on Wednesday approved a six-year extension of the collective bargaining agreement, meaning each team will have an additional $7.5 million in salary cap room. Free agency will begin Saturday.

Poston said Arrington will not visit a team unless it proves it is serious first.

Arrington signed an eight-year, $68 million contract in December 2003. That deal included a $16 million signing bonus that was to be paid in stages.

The linebacker will command a double-digit signing bonus this time around also.

When the Browns hired Romeo Crennel as coach last year, they were hoping Crennel's stellar reputation would attract star players in free agency, such as Arrington. This will be the first test of Crennel's own star power.

Poston said that a team's coach, its defensive system, its city and money "all come into play" in attracting Arrington.

Arrington was the player the Browns bypassed when it chose defensive end Courtney Brown with the first pick of the 2000 draft. Arrington, Brown's teammate at Penn State, was taken second by Washington.

Arrington never played in a 3-4 system in his six years in Washington, despite playing for four head coaches and four defensive coordinators.

"Doesn't matter," Poston said. "He could play rugby, if he had to."

The Browns' new policy is to not comment on players in free agency.

To reach this Plain Dealer reporter:

tgrossi@plaind.com, 216-999-4670

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Browns | Team not likely to sign Arrington

Sun, 12 Mar 2006 05:37:45 -0800

Mary Kay Cabot, of the Plain Dealer, reports Cleveland Browns general manager Phil Savage all but ruled out the team signing free agent LB LaVar Arrington (Redskins).

Archived