Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What are the chances of us re-signing LaVar?

timdaley73

Could it be possible that LaVar (in his Redskins for Life mentality) took one for the team, paying some money back to the team for immediate cap relief and agree to be re-signed by us for a lower cap contract?? Like James Thrash has in the past?? Just a thought...

Could it be possible that LaVar (in his Redskins for Life mentality) took one for the team, paying some money back to the team and agreed to be re-signed by us?? Like James Thrash has in the past?? Just a thought...

Sadly, I'm about 99.99999999% sure that LaVar is not coming back. This settlement was the way both sides figured out to end the relationship.

i don't think it is allowed under league rules to get him back for next season. he's sadly gone. bad move by us.

What do you mean?!?! Remember James Thrash being released and resigned by the Eagles a few years ago? lowering his cap number??

Could it be possible that LaVar (in his Redskins for Life mentality) took one for the team, paying some money back to the team for immediate cap relief and agree to be re-signed by us for a lower cap contract?? Like James Thrash has in the past?? Just a thought...

and an understandable thought at that...I too am a little bummed out that LA is gone and must admit I was hoping there was some way of resigning him for alot less..it sounds like he wanted out and if thats the case ,if he dosent want to be here, then it's best for both sides..I wish him well somewhere other than the NFC East and we'll be OK without him.

I think he really did want to stay.

Guy hasn't had any consistency in his pro career coaching wise.

I still think he has a lot to contribute to whatever team he goes to. I wish him the best, and pretty much wish he could have stayed here for his entire career, even if he's had ups and downs in terms of performance. Damn salary cap.

Like was mentioned in one of the other articles....LAVAR surely has the parameters of another deal worked out already with another team. With all the problems swirling around them due to the last contract NO way the Postons advise him to give $4 million back without having a reasonable assurance of getting it back in a new contract with a different team. Lavar may be signed elsewhere very quickly.

Like was mentioned in one of the other articles....LAVAR surely has the parameters of another deal worked out already with another team. With all the problems swirling around them due to the last contract NO way the Postons advise him to give $4 million back without having a reasonable assurance of getting it back in a new contract with a different team. Lavar may be signed elsewhere very quickly.

Maybe by US??? Thought of that?? "Tampering" rule wouldn't apply, right? If it's our own player??

He is gone. I'm wondering if the Redskins could start a Rent-a-Jersey program. You know, go to the Redskins Store, pick your jersey and pay a small amount of rent. That way when the relationship sours with said player you can return the jersey and pick up a lease on another one. I'm sure as hell not buying another one.

He is gone. I'm wondering if the Redskins could start a Rent-a-Jersey program. You know, go to the Redskins Store, pick your jersey and pay a small amount of rent. That way when the relationship sours with said player you can return the jersey and pick up a lease on another one. I'm sure as hell not buying another one.

That sounds like a great new business start up idea!!

Archived