Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What are the chances of us re-signing LaVar?

timdaley73

Not a chance. Lavar could've had his money if he'd been willing to renegotiate, but he declined. He payed back (actually forfeited future payments) the $4.4 million so he could get his walking papers now. If he'd refused to restructure or pay money back the 'skins would've sat on him untill after most of the money was gone in free agency and then cut him in July (before paying his bonus).

If Lavar truly wanted to stay here he could've taken the restructure. He didn't. I've got no problem with that but the guy is gone.

Exactly, he won't be wearing B&G next year....and i've come to the point to where i'm over it now, happy trails

Could it be possible that LaVar (in his Redskins for Life mentality) took one for the team, paying some money back to the team for immediate cap relief and agree to be re-signed by us for a lower cap contract?? Like James Thrash has in the past?? Just a thought...

There are two chances we re-sign LA, slim and none.

Slim just left town...

i don't think it is allowed under league rules to get him back for next season. he's sadly gone. bad move by us.

You can say that again...our LB corps is seriously depleted and Wash and Mars better not go down or we're in trouble. If LA stays in the NFC East he'll have a Pro Bowl game everytime he plays us. No way I would have let LA go. So we have to hope we get the LB down in Carolinia (Witherspoon). But letting LA go was dumb...got to hand it those politicians.

If Lavar truly wanted to stay here he could've taken the restructure. He didn't.

The restructured deal that he was offered was only valid if the CBA was not extended. An extention ended the restructuring offer from the team. He was labeled as a June 1st cut if the CBA was extended because of his roster bonus payment. A late release in June would leave him with few options as most teams would have spent their money by then.

That's why Gibbs offered the early Free Agency (buyback) option so he could be released earlier in exchange for helping the team in cap relief one more time.

Personally, I think he wanted to be here. If the Union and League ended negotiations last week, he still would. But, when you are informed that there is a chance you will be released in June, you have to make a hard decision.

That said, I think he done here, especially after Lindsey's verbal release. Yet, anything can happen.

It could happen, right?? Or am I being overly optimistic??

If this were the case he wouldn't have been interviewed and talked about wanting to go to another NFC East team. He also would have been willing to restructure his contract.

It is obvious he isn't coming back. Outside of LA's personality he will not be missed. For the most part over the past 2 years and defense has been one of the best in the league and he hasn't played much. What does that tell you.

If this were the case he wouldn't have been interviewed and talked about wanting to go to another NFC East team. He also would have been willing to restructure his contract.

It is obvious he isn't coming back. Outside of LA's personality he will not be missed. For the most part over the past 2 years and defense has been one of the best in the league and he hasn't played much. What does that tell you.

That Warrick Holdman is the greatest LB to ever play the game.

Archived