Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What are the chances of us re-signing LaVar?

timdaley73

It tells me that he wasn't the redskins team player that he said he was and that I thought he was. He talked all that junk about being a team player and he would retire yada yada yada. Come on Lavar, put your money where your mouth is. You should retire where you began. I guess you weren't the redskins model that I thought you were. Best of luck to you and your new team...just as long as it isn't the cowboys.

Like was mentioned in one of the other articles....LAVAR surely has the parameters of another deal worked out already with another team. With all the problems swirling around them due to the last contract NO way the Postons advise him to give $4 million back without having a reasonable assurance of getting it back in a new contract with a different team. Lavar may be signed elsewhere very quickly.
so,some team tampered with lavar?who was it and what will the nfl do about it?

He is gone. I'm wondering if the Redskins could start a Rent-a-Jersey program. You know, go to the Redskins Store, pick your jersey and pay a small amount of rent. That way when the relationship sours with said player you can return the jersey and pick up a lease on another one. I'm sure as hell not buying another one.

Maybe we could start selling jerseys with velcro. That way we could just change numbers/names as players pass through! :D

i can't see how lavar is the only bad guy in this? :whoknows:

he was getting halfass PT and getting a phat paycheck for it. he could just forced the skins to release him and eat the cap hit entirely.

i think we should take it for what it is. to sides that came to an agreement that hopefully will be beneficial to both in the long run.

i can't see how lavar is the only bad guy in this? :whoknows:

he was getting halfass PT and getting a phat paycheck for it. he could just forced the skins to release him and eat the cap hit entirely.

i think we should take it for what it is. to sides that came to an agreement that hopefully will be beneficial to both in the long run.

Wrong. Just cutting him would not have saved cap space, so there was no incentive for the Skin's to cut him outright. He couldn't force squat. The Skins had the leverage. Either take a pay cut to play, or pay your way out. A brilliant outcome after the screw up of overpaying him in the first place. We got a problem child off the team and made him pay for the pleasure of leaving. Good riddence.

Odds of resigning LaVarr= less than 0%.

LaVar would have saved the team more money, and made more money if he had restructured, AND he will still be on the roster. So he left the roster, took less money, saved the team a little less, just to then get resigned by the Redskins? Dont think so.

I never really thought about that. But I mean, wouldn't he have just taken the pay cut instead?

i heard that the NFL was not letting LaVar re-do his contract AGAIN so this possibly could be the case.... good thought my poster props on that.....but that would be good for us and a big bonus for lavar on a gibbs note... b/c lavar could use a stock up in the coaching staff

~jake

Wrong. Just cutting him would not have saved cap space, so there was no incentive for the Skin's to cut him outright. He couldn't force squat. The Skins had the leverage. Either take a pay cut to play, or pay your way out. A brilliant outcome after the screw up of overpaying him in the first place. We got a problem child off the team and made him pay for the pleasure of leaving. Good riddence.

i disagree. the skins had little leverage b/c they are the ones over the cap. if he was such a problem he coulda just chilled and collected pay stubs. i think lavar did the team a favor by paying back some of his bonus.

I'm not sure why almost everyone is poopooing this idea.

I don't believe there is an NFL rule that would prohibit him from resigning with the Redskins. Players do, sometimes, resign with teams after they've been cut for cap reasons. And, since the CBA agreement has been reached, it would be very easy to craft an agreement that would give him the money back that he "gave" to the team. Ultimately, the way this was handled was the easiest way to give cap relief to the team, in light of the fact that the CBA hadn't been agreed to at the time.

Look, I don't know if he's going to resign with us but I do believe that, if the market for him isn't what he thinks it should be, he consider it if we gave him the best contract.

I'm not sure why almost everyone is poopooing this idea.

I don't believe there is an NFL rule that would prohibit him from resigning with the Redskins. Players do, sometimes, resign with teams after they've been cut for cap reasons. And, since the CBA agreement has been reached, it would be very easy to craft an agreement that would give him the money back that he "gave" to the team. Ultimately, the way this was handled was the easiest way to give cap relief to the team, in light of the fact that the CBA hadn't been agreed to at the time.

Look, I don't know if he's going to resign with us but I do believe that, if the market for him isn't what he thinks it should be, he consider it if we gave him the best contract.

The only way I see him coming back is if he fires the Postons.

*RUMOR*

A buddy of mine, a huge Redskin fan, said he heard an interview with Lavars agent and it wouldn't be a stretch to find Lavar back in B&G. Poston was asked point blank if it would be possible to see Lavar a Redskin again and he said not to rule anything out.

If anyone could think of a way to manipulate the cap it would be Snyder and his cap flunkies. It would definitely be an ingenius idea and I don't think it should be so quickly dismissed. Very unlikely, but not impossible.

Personally I would love it if Lavar came back, but it won't happen. The man gave back money to be a free agent. When was the last time anybody heard of a player giving money back to the team to be released. He wanted out in a bad way.

:dallasuck

*RUMOR*

A buddy of mine, a huge Redskin fan, said he heard an interview with Lavars agent and it wouldn't be a stretch to find Lavar back in B&G. Poston was asked point blank if it would be possible to see Lavar a Redskin again and he said not to rule anything out.

If anyone could think of a way to manipulate the cap it would be Snyder and his cap flunkies. It would definitely be an ingenius idea and I don't think it should be so quickly dismissed. Very unlikely, but not impossible.

It's not manipulating the cap. LaVar gave cap relief to the team in the easiest way he could, without a new CBA agreement.

With a CBA agreement, it's a whole new world. If there had been a CBA agreement a week ago, LaVar would still be with the team.

Could it be possible that LaVar (in his Redskins for Life mentality) took one for the team, paying some money back to the team for immediate cap relief and agree to be re-signed by us for a lower cap contract?? Like James Thrash has in the past?? Just a thought...

uh.... no... not as long as williams and lindsay are coaches

Not a chance. Lavar could've had his money if he'd been willing to renegotiate, but he declined. He payed back (actually forfeited future payments) the $4.4 million so he could get his walking papers now. If he'd refused to restructure or pay money back the 'skins would've sat on him untill after most of the money was gone in free agency and then cut him in July (before paying his bonus).

If Lavar truly wanted to stay here he could've taken the restructure. He didn't. I've got no problem with that but the guy is gone.

Archived