Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kerry Collins Cut (Merged - from the Stadium)

visionary

Heh, my thoughts exactly, though Davis maybe didn't hear the news about the latest deadline move ;)

Or he just forgot it...not too hard to do at his age....

Very true...Al is starting to show his age. Heard a rumor he was now starting to use a walker from time to time.

Also per KFFL.com

Raiders | Team releases Collins

Sun, 5 Mar 2006 17:23:26 -0800

Janie McCauley, of the Associated Press, reports the Oakland Raiders released QB Kerry Collins in a move to get them below the salary cap by Sunday night's deadline, March 5. By cutting Collins, the Raiders will save $9.2 million against the salary cap once bonuses are factored into the figures.

THE CUTING BEGINS

Why is it that every time a player is released people automatically put him in a Redskin uniform?

We don't need Collins... At all. But like every good FO, I'm sure the FO will scout him and take a look. I just don't think he's going to be signed.

Why is it that every time a player is released people automatically put him in a Redskin uniform?

Because for relatively newer posters... they believe it's their chance to create a thread and see it, however briefly, at the top of the front page of Stadium.

Come on Edgunn.... why would a starting QB who is a cap casualty decide to come play for the Redskins as the #3 QB/Clipboard stand when there are nearly 10 teams who need a starting QB. Let's take a minute and think things through before spending the energy and time to create a thread.

I often wonder this same thing to myself.. You did hear Sam Madison was released by the dolphins right, he would be great as our #3 CB.

hey I just got myself a new thread topic, gotta go.

It would probably be cheaper to just keep Ramsey anyway.

Wow, does that mean that CBA is a goner?

Or, was this going to happen anyways?

I actually think this was planned. They saved 9.2 million by cutting him. I think he was poised to earn something like 13 million this year. How the hell does something like that happen?

We don't need Collins... At all. But like every good FO, I'm sure the FO will scout him and take a look. I just don't think he's going to be signed.

50k plus members means that theres a fan of every single player in the nfl amongst us. Its pretty effing ridiculous that we have to tolerate the Kerry Collins and TRommy Maddox as our third string QB threads but it is what it is.

For the record I would like to see a multi position player like Tupa or Randal El listed as our 3rd string QB so that we can use that roster spot on the OL or DL or CB situations.

Archived