Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Isaac Bruce may be released - UPDATED - HAS BEEN RELEASED

50GutCheck

To much money to even consider... Everybody is going to be to much money. The only wide reciever were going to get this year is through the draft. We will probably trade a lot of next years draft picks for some D.P. this year because next year we can get any free agent we want.

I believe he's 35. Thats pretty damn long in the tooth for an NFL WR.

That being said, he had a pretty good year in 2004.

89 catches for 1,292 yards and a 14.5 yd average. Not bad, and it was 2 years ago.

Don't see it though.

look at jurivicous( or however you spell his name), McCardell and Jimmy Smith those guys are all old and still putting up numbers

look at jurivicous( or however you spell his name), McCardell and Jimmy Smith those guys are all old and still putting up numbers

I've already said he may still be above average. Its not necessarily about that - its about cost vs. benefit. I'm skeptical he's worth paying significant money for, thats all.

Also keep in mind that we're 90 minutes away from having to gut $17,000,000.00 from our roster just to get under the cap, not even including the millions it will take to sign the draft picks this year- the draft picks that we will utilize to fill our holes, according to Vinny Cerrato. With no CBA, forget about free agent signings. Be happy if we can keep our most talented players.

Rams cut Isaac Bruce

By Jim Thomas

ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH

03/05/2006

Rams Bruce

St. Louis Rams Isaac Bruce

(James A. Finley/AP)

Unable to reach agreement on a restructured contract with Isaac Bruce, the Rams cut the wide receiver Sunday night.

A detailed story will be posted later tonight, or read the complete story in Monday's Post-Dispatch

----------------------------------------------------

its official, bruce has been cut

yep...lol

"Rams | Bruce may stick after all

Sun, 5 Mar 2006 20:35:19 -0800

ESPN's John Clayton reports the St. Louis Rams may not release WR Isaac Bruce after all due to the recent extension of the waiver deadline. Bruce was a cap casualty under the previous deadline, but the Rams may choose to remove his name from that list and continue to use the extra time to work out a new contract with him."

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Isaac Bruce was in St. Louis during the Vermeil/Martz/Saunders era and knows the offense we run. It makes sense to bring him here if only for the work ethic and push he'll give our other receivers. Think of it like the effect that Irving Fryar had on our receivers during the 99' playoff push. Obviously, we should bring in some youth, too, but given all that Bruce could bring to the table, it would be great to have him here. There is also how much he'll demand contract-wise, but if that isn't an obstacle, he should be a redskin.

Very old. Not sure if this is a good idea or not. Runs very precise routes, but probably can't stretch the field anymore. Maybe as a slot receiver?

Oh, I supose I should make the obligatory "vet-minimum-with-incentives" bit...

Are there any minimum's with the salary cap expired??

with high profile under 30 players getting released, I don't see Bruce getting mega buck from anybody. he is going to get a mid-range deal.

I still think the release of Arrington, though, is evidence that Gibbs is going back to the model of having the Redskins be a team of a few stars and a solid group of complementary players around them.

The replacements for Arrington and some others are likely to be lower profile free agents and draft picks that turn out to be productive for the Redskins.

Archived