Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Favorite NFL Rookie in this years draft?

FootballGuy2677

Whos your favorite nfl rookie coming in this years draft?It dosnt have to be sombody the redskins can get, or it can.

DeAngelo Williams/RB/Memphis

dw6kd.th.jpg

5 Foot, 10 Inches tall

217 Pounds

Information: Very instinctive runner,Explosive, and Adept at breaking tackles. Broke NCAA Records with a average/bad offensive line during his years. Led his team single handely to a Bowl Victory literally. Does everything right. One of the most productive running backs in NCAA history. Could of been a first rounder last year but chose to go back to Memphis. Gives good effort pass blocking, but may never be that good in that particular area. Does a fine job catching the ball out of the backfield and is a smart player with top intangibles, whos team leader and captain.

Projection: Top 10

My NFL Comparison: LaDainian Tomlinson

He's gonna be a Star, and in my opinion the best running back in this draft.

Jimmy Williams

284569.jpg

Ht: 6-3 Wt: 216

Position: CB

Projected as: S

Position Rank: 2

Date of Birth: 3/8/1984

Class: Senior

High School: Bethel HS

(Hampton, VA)

College: Virginia Tech

Scout.com Player Evaluation:

STRENGTHS

Anticipation

Jamming Ability

Toughness

AREAS FOR IMPROVEMENT

Coverage Awareness

Tough defensive back who can play either corner or safety but will make a stronger NFL safety. Good size and aggressiveness when going for the ball and very good at reading receivers and reacting to the ball.

Biography:

Williams finished up his college career playing at cornerback and is considered on college football's best, particularly in press coverage. Did not disappoint during a season where he was named to numerous pre-season All-American teams. Led the ACC with five interceptions. At 6-3, Williams is a big cornerback desired by pro teams and will likely go in the top half of the first round. Named to several All-America teams, including the AFCA.

Jimmy Williams

284569.jpg

Ht: 6-3 Wt: 216

Position: CB

Projected as: S

Position Rank: 2

Date of Birth: 3/8/1984

Class: Senior

High School: Bethel HS

(Hampton, VA)

College: Virginia Tech

Scout.com Player Evaluation:

STRENGTHS

Anticipation

Jamming Ability

Toughness

AREAS FOR IMPROVEMENT

Coverage Awareness

Tough defensive back who can play either corner or safety but will make a stronger NFL safety. Good size and aggressiveness when going for the ball and very good at reading receivers and reacting to the ball.

Biography:

Williams finished up his college career playing at cornerback and is considered on college football's best, particularly in press coverage. Did not disappoint during a season where he was named to numerous pre-season All-American teams. Led the ACC with five interceptions. At 6-3, Williams is a big cornerback desired by pro teams and will likely go in the top half of the first round. Named to several All-America teams, including the AFCA.

clinton portis is my fav. rookie this yr LOL j/k

Vernon Davis is def. the biggest beast available, but I think Mannie Lawson is going to be a steal in the 2nd or 3rd round.. He was the fastest Defensive lineman in the combine. (faster than his counter part Mario Williams) this guy is going to be awesome....

Reggie Bush is electric, I just don't know if he will be all that good on the Pro level. He can't run through anybody, and his Sandersesque running style might not work nowadays withmuch faster Defenses.

The Duke, on the other hand, is a physical monster with great hands. If he came to DC he would bethe 2nd or 3rd fastest guy on the team. Barring injuries Davis is going to be truly amazing in the NFL.

I thought that was Vick's sole job? :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh:

Ofcourse I like all the "big" prospects like A.J. Hawk, Super Mario, Matt Leinart etc.

Two of my favorites are:

omar22.jpg

- Omar Jacobs (6-4, 226)

This guy is gonna be a steal if taken in the 2nd round. Has a strange side-arm motion, but showed at the combine that he will place the ball on the numbers. Has the protoypical size and athleticism to be the next Daunte Culpepper/Donovan McNabb

2002549098.jpg

- Jerome Harrison (5-9, 209)

Saw this guy play in the Senior Bowl. Very exciting prospect and will likely be a mid rounder. Maybe not a player for our style of football, but I'll definitely follow his career.

Vernon Davis is disqualified because of his nickname. What self-respecting Terp is nicknamed "Duke"?

Do you see any Redskins players nicknamed "Dallas"? Was Cal Ripken's nickname "The Yankee"? I think not...

Anyway, I like Laurence Maroney (Minnesota), Matt Leinart (USC), Leonard Pope (Georgia), and Santonio Holmes (Ohio State).

And, yea, of course Vernon Davis...

Archived