Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

An HONOR to be a Redskins fan

bryceb07

You always see our team getting bashed by the media , getting tackled or intercepted in highlight videos, and never given the chance to win.

What Joe Gibbs and team have done for our redskins is amazing. I could be wrong but I don't see any other players from other teams restructuring their contracts in #'s as the Redskins have.

It truly is an honor to be a Redskins fan, and I wouldn't trade anything about this team for 1 minute. Just wanted to give everyone a chance to drop a HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!! ...

:cheers:

I'll even take it one step further for those of us who don't live in the DC area.

This site has made it feel like an Honor to be a Redskin fan. It helps to strengthen the Redskins Pride in us that live in enemy territory who get looks made at us for wearing Redskins apparrel. It's nice to know we have a place to escape to. A place where people who have and may never meet can call each other friends.

So I would also like to raise a glass to the Mods, and all the other members on here.

:doh: wow...I've gotten soft since my daughter was born. I need Rugby season NOW!!!

After my AZ trip it was pretty much confirmed by a friend that i had met there whom used to work for the Fox network when he said that most of the powers that be were Dallas Cowboy fans.

I kind of think that this is true with todays media. America needs to have their anti hero and the skins might as well be it. That is fine by me. I would hate to be a cowboy fan man, that ship has more turncoats on board that i would care to imagine. :dallasuck

You always see our team getting bashed by the media , getting tackled or intercepted in highlight videos, and never given the chance to win.

What Joe Gibbs and team have done for our redskins is amazing. I could be wrong but I don't see any other players from other teams restructuring their contracts in #'s as the Redskins have.

It truly is an honor to be a Redskins fan, and I wouldn't trade anything about this team for 1 minute. Just wanted to give everyone a chance to drop a HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!! ...

Um, the players are getting a lot of guaranteed money out of it.

The rah rah/ go team stuff is mostly window dressing.

I couldn't agree more....well said. :cheers:

Um' date=' the players are getting a lot of guaranteed money out of it.

The rah rah/ go team stuff is mostly window dressing.[/quote']

Yeah it is far better to be cut throat like other teams and just jettison the players :rolleyes:

Yeah this is a sarcastic response.

You know, I'm not sure if I just haven't paid attention in previous offseasons but it seems like everyday I see people sporting Redskins gear. I cannot remember the last time I drove to work without seeing someone standing at a bus stop with a Skins jacket on, standing in line at the ATM with a Skins hat on, ect. It really refreshing to see that people are still so excited about our team that they represent everyday even in the offseason. We really do have the best fans in the league and finally, we have a team that exlemplifies the Redskins at a level that meets or exceeds the expectations of the fans.

Um' date=' the players are getting a lot of guaranteed money out of it.

The rah rah/ go team stuff is mostly window dressing.[/quote']

Exactly. If my company came up to me and offered a guaranteed salary and payment in cash, in advance, I'd be pretty tempted to take it. And when I did, I don't think many people would stand up and praise me for it.

:cheers:

I'll even take it one step further for those of us who don't live in the DC area.

This site has made it feel like an Honor to be a Redskin fan. It helps to strengthen the Redskins Pride in us that live in enemy territory who get looks made at us for wearing Redskins apparrel. It's nice to know we have a place to escape to. A place where people who have and may never meet can call each other friends.

So I would also like to raise a glass to the Mods, and all the other members on here.

:doh: wow...I've gotten soft since my daughter was born. I need Rugby season NOW!!!

Hell yeah. I hate living in enemy territory...but at least we have a safe haven.:cheers:

I've always had a more cynical view of fandom.

It's not so much an HONOR as it is an "ACCIDENT OF GEOGRAPHY." I'm sure if I grew up in Cleveland' date=' I would have an orange car at this point.[/quote']

That wouldn't explain all of the Cowboys fans in the area that have never stepped a foot in Texas. While honor may overstate it, I'm happy to be a Redskins fan :) (though by pure chance I'm a D.C. native ;) ).

That wouldn't explain all of the Cowboys fans in the area that have never stepped a foot in Texas. While honor may overstate it, I'm happy to be a Redskins fan :) (though by pure chance I'm a D.C. native ;) ).

Actually, there is a large historical reason for the number of Cowboys fans in this area. DC is a majority black city. The Redskins were the last team to integrate. The Cowboys were integrated and the Redskins biggest rival. Therefore, people who hated George Preston Marshall like the Cowboys.

In recent years, it's just that the Cowboys and Lakers attract bandwagon fans like no other franchises in sports.

Ive never stepped foot in D.C.

Ive never been to an nfl game.

Yet im a redskins fan and damn proud of it.

Unless your father was a Redskins fan, there is no earthly reason for you to care about this team. If you are 17, that means you were something like 4 the last time the team was relevant.

Were you a big Michael Westbrook fan or something? Not a criticism, I just honestly don't get it. To me, there are only four reasons to like a team:

1. You are in their geographic region.

2. Your dad brainwashed you into liking a team.

3. They were a good team when you started caring about sports.

4. Your favorite player in the league was on the team when you started caring about sports. For 20 years, I've been identifying myself as a Celtics fan even though I no longer like the NBA nor can name anyone on the Celtics aside from Paul Pierce.

I'm always curious about odd sports fans. I know someone from Ohio whose favorite teams are the Saints, Cardinals, Penguins and 76ers. I am fascinated by him. Though, when we talk sports, I just want to punch him in the face for not making any sense.

Simple explanation, I started watching football 3 years ago, bassicaly since ive played defence all my life in every sport, I bassicaly fell in love with the redskins defense.

I knew that I had to chose a team, just like I did in hockey, makes the sport alot funner to watch.

Actually' date=' there is a large historical reason for the number of Cowboys fans in this area. DC is a majority black city. The Redskins were the last team to integrate. The Cowboys were integrated and the Redskins biggest rival. Therefore, people who hated George Preston Marshall like the Cowboys.

In recent years, it's just that the Cowboys and Lakers attract bandwagon fans like no other franchises in sports.[/quote']

Yep. I have an aunt who is such a person. Years ago I told her I was a Redskins fan. She said she would never be a Redskins fan because at one time they wouldn't acquire black players. This was my first knowledge of this but it didn't stop me from being a fan.

Also I have a neighbor who says he stopped being a Redskins fan because of the way Doug Williams left. He is now an Eagles fan because of something about partying with Randall Cunningham or something like that. I stopped listening after he said he was an Eagles fan.

Simple explanation, I started watching football 3 years ago, bassicaly since ive played defence all my life in every sport, I bassicaly fell in love with the redskins defense.

I knew that I had to chose a team, just like I did in hockey, makes the sport alot funner to watch.

You fell in love with a Spurrier-coached team due to defense?

You know what...you've earned the right to be a fan.

The media bashing is more than apparent. Last year all you heard after our 6-10 season was Gibbs is over the hill, and he might or should retire. We make a great run and get to the playoffs and win our first playoff game, yet you don't hear any praising from the media, you don't hear about the genius of gibbs and his staff in turning this team around. Now all you hear is the same old song and dance about our cap hell. The raiders have ten million more in cap debt than we do, but not a word. Also, the earlier post about Skins only being shown getting hit or giving up a play in the media clips is absolutely correct. Look at the latest Reebok commercial. They show our guy getting nailed even though that wasn't a memorable play that year, nor was the guy even close to catching the ball anyway. Why not show the long bomb TD by Moss against Dallas week 2 on monday night? I bet a heck of a lot more people remember that reception. Or the TD reception that followed and won the game. The media sucks, this forum is the best place for news, and entertainment.:cheers:

you are just realizing that it's good to be a Skins fan? This is the kind of people that Joe Gibbs brings and the kind of team he coaches. And just to add another thing, i bet you Gibbs would work for free if it bought them some more space in the cap. Welcome to Gibbs football, too bad it hasnt been around for 13 years

Archived