Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nfl Boycott!!!!!

gibbsteam

It is what it is. The fleecing of the fans isn't just starting today. It has been happening across all sports for a long time now. I recommend college sports. They keep me from getting insanely angree at the greed of the professionals.

At least I recieved one honest reply.......thanks for the thought

Let me help you out there by kicking you off this NFL board. :)

As the league and the players' union attempt to utilize the next 72 hours in order to work out an impasse that translates to 3.8 percentage points of the NFL total football revenue, a league source has given us some specific information regarding the magnitude of the deal that's on the table.

Under the league's offer, a minimum of $22.2 billion would be paid to players in the form of salary from 2006 through 2011, and more than $4 billion would be devoted to benefit plans.

This translates to a minimum salary cap in 2011 of a whopping $134 million. Minimum.

Under the league's offer, the benefit money would increase from $16.5 million per team in 2005 to $29.2 million per team in 2011.

That, my friends, is a crapload of dinero.

Sure, the NFLPA wants to push those numbers even higher. But breaking it down per player and per year, our guess is that the numbers really aren't that much different.

With the union demanding 60 percent of all football revenue and the NFL at 56.2 percent, the positions cry out for a resolution in the range of 58 percent. Under this deal, everyone would continue to make a lot of money.

Without this deal, the NFL would still be a money-making proposition, but the party would be over and the door will be open for the other pro sports leagues to regain some of the luster that they've lost as the NFL has become the best diversion on the planet.

You got a ton of honest replies. As you can tell, the greater majority of Skins fans would rather go through one year with no football instead of no football at all.

You do have good points about how the amount of money the two sides are arguing over is nothing compared to the fact that they both are stacked. I do believe that most of the people on this board understand that the amount of money proffessional athletes make is ridiculous, but its just not worth boycotting over.

If this wont wake up the fans around the NFL nothing will.......the players and owners are way to big for there britches....lets stop and think about what they can not agrree on.....these Millionaires are upset over who is going to split the extra 4 billion.....guess where the 4 billion is comming from.......who is getting screwed here? I spend close to 5 grand on tickets every year and if this does not work itself out the redskins and the NFL can stick my season tickets and my Direct tv in there collective bargaining *****es!

I URGE ALL FANS TO SHOW HOW THEY FEEL AND START A LEAGUE WIDE BOYCOTT!!!!

Snyder Jones and Krafts Pocket?

If this wont wake up the fans around the NFL nothing will.......the players and owners are way to big for there britches....lets stop and think about what they can not agrree on.....these Millionaires are upset over who is going to split the extra 4 billion.....guess where the 4 billion is comming from.......who is getting screwed here? I spend close to 5 grand on tickets every year and if this does not work itself out the redskins and the NFL can stick my season tickets and my Direct tv in there collective bargaining *****es!

I URGE ALL FANS TO SHOW HOW THEY FEEL AND START A LEAGUE WIDE BOYCOTT!!!!

ill take yer seats as a scab... in a heartbeat

"Originally Posted by skinstzar

It is what it is. The fleecing of the fans isn't just starting today. It has been happening across all sports for a long time now. I recommend college sports. They keep me from getting insanely angree at the greed of the professionals."

I wish you luck in your solitude.LOLL... I for one am not complaining all that much about my Skins....I have had season tickets for four years my fifth year coming up. Not one raise in ticket prices or parking passes ( although I do think the parking fees are rediculous.) So this season I hear that parking is going up. So this years $100 increase spread over five years of my having season tickets equates to: pretty fair i think. Specially since during one year I was notified by the Skins ticket sales office and upgraded five rows for no additional increase in my tickets as well....Now balance that with the fact that the Redskins organization albeit Jacke Kent Cooke - but still the organization - built us a brand new stadium out of their pocket and didnt charge the taxpayers...I think was very cool.

So you want to talk about exploiting people? how about living in Pennsylvania with the Eagles and Steelers who both got new stadiums thanks to the taxpayers. Sucks for me being a Skins fan in PA. LOLLLLL.

I cannot wait for Draft Day Party, SKins training camp, preseason (yeah I said preseason..., and the regular season to start!!!!!!!!!

"Originally Posted by skinstzar

It is what it is. The fleecing of the fans isn't just starting today. It has been happening across all sports for a long time now. I recommend college sports. They keep me from getting insanely angree at the greed of the professionals."

I wish you luck in your solitude.LOLL... I for one am not complaining all that much about my Skins....I have had season tickets for four years my fifth year coming up. Not one raise in ticket prices or parking passes ( although I do think the parking fees are rediculous.) So this season I hear that parking is going up. So this years $100 increase spread over five years of my having season tickets equates to: pretty fair i think. Specially since during one year I was notified by the Skins ticket sales office and upgraded five rows for no additional increase in my tickets as well....Now balance that with the fact that the Redskins organization albeit Jacke Kent Cooke - but still the organization - built us a brand new stadium out of their pocket and didnt charge the taxpayers...I think was very cool.

So you want to talk about exploiting people? how about living in Pennsylvania with the Eagles and Steelers who both got new stadiums thanks to the taxpayers. Sucks for me being a Skins fan in PA. LOLLLLL.

I cannot wait for Draft Day Party, SKins training camp, preseason (yeah I said preseason..., and the regular season to start!!!!!!!!!

thanks

I know little about the salary aspect of the NFL but I admire your principles.

Is this a possible solution?????

1 increase the cap

and

2 increase the amount of players on each rouster that way more oppertunities will be there for both players and teams and the money will have to be spread around.

3 lessen the restrictions on injured players and the reserve.

What do you think?

SORRY, THEY WILL GO BACK TO THE REDSKINS.....I WILL PAY 50 CENTS FOR THE MONDAY MORNING PAPER TO SEE WHO WON ALL THE SCAB GAMES BEING PLAYED

How about you let me be a "scab" fan and send me your tickets? While I'm sure that I won't be able to cheer to the level that you do, I'll give it my best for less!

Good luck with the boycott.

The owners need a reality check. I can't believe they witnessed what went on in MLB, NBA, and the NHL and have decided to go this route. Unfortunately the teams over the cap with playoff aspirations this year (like the Skins) are going to get screwed big time since they can't build for this season and will have to cut a bunch of players. Then next year is going to be a free for all where a few rich owners (like Synder) will try to buy the best team to make it to the Super Bowl. I think we all know how that will work out last time it was tried in DC...badly. Like the season we brought in Bruce Smith, Dieon, Carrier, etc. and they did nothing.

So I hope the owners take the next few days to really think about what they are doing. The NFL is bar far the best sports league in the world and they are about to turn it into crap.

I have to say that I appplaud this poster's zeal and energy. It's completely misplaced, but I have great respect for people who are willing to state unpopular opinions and follow through with them.

Personally, the outcome of this weekend's negotiations is very likely to have a major impact on my interest in watching the Redskins going forward. It's the opposite of gibbsteam's reaction, but it's something I feel as passionately about as gibbsteam apparantly does. In my case, if there IS an extension of the CBA I will likely not be able to watch NFL football anymore; compared to his insistance on a boycott if an extension DOESN'T get done.

Sounds like this board is likely to be short one poster on Monday morning, either way.

I have to say that I appplaud this poster's zeal and energy. It's completely misplaced, but I have great respect for people who are willing to state unpopular opinions and follow through with them.

Personally, the outcome of this weekend's negotiations is very likely to have a major impact on my interest in watching the Redskins going forward. It's the opposite of gibbsteam's reaction, but it's something I feel as passionately about as gibbsteam apparantly does. In my case, if there IS an extension of the CBA I will likely not be able to watch NFL football anymore; compared to his insistance on a boycott if an extension DOESN'T get done.

Sounds like this board is likely to be short one poster on Monday morning, either way.

The funny thing here is as a fan of the game of football for over 30 years I see what is going on in the big picture......Sure all you fellow fans can bash every word i write, thats easy and I expect nothing less here......but if you all really think about what is at stake here, I am sure some of you arent happy with the greed, but have no intention of doing anything about it.....kinda like people that cry about there job every day but never look for another.The NFL is like a legal drug Lord knowing the fans are like crack addicts and will continue to pay top dollar....every wonder when the greed will end?

Not to change the subject but are any of you aware of the major media companies meeting on how to charge for internet use on all sites.........it is in the works right now on how to charge for lets say......watching a video of the skins game or a highlight of the superbowl, or to upload a picture....such as all of your signitures basicly they want mony for the bandwidth being used...they also want to charge a fee based on how far the information is traveling.........emails,downloads,messages etc.

Lets see here you complain that NFL players are greedy right? And you want to start a league wide boycott because of it correct?

Lets see if I can enlighten you on this subject.

A. NFL players are paid the least of all proffesional sports.

1. They don't get guaranteed Contracts.

2. Thier job is the most hazardous in Pro Sports.

B. NFL Players live in pain for the rest of thier lives. (Most Do)

1. In 10 years will you be able to go out and play with your kids and do all the

activites you like to do now?

This is just a few examples of why these players try to get what they can and I see no problems with it personally.

Archived