Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nfl Boycott!!!!!

gibbsteam

Lets see here you complain that NFL players are greedy right? And you want to start a league wide boycott because of it correct?

Lets see if I can enlighten you on this subject.

A. NFL players are paid the least of all proffesional sports.

1. They don't get guaranteed Contracts.

2. Thier job is the most hazardous in Pro Sports.

B. NFL Players live in pain for the rest of thier lives. (Most Do)

1. In 10 years will you be able to go out and play with your kids and do all the

activites you like to do now?

This is just a few examples of why these players try to get what they can and I see no problems with it personally.

:applause: :applause: :applause:

The funny thing here is as a fan of the game of football for over 30 years I see what is going on in the big picture......Sure all you fellow fans can bash every word i write, thats easy and I expect nothing less here......but if you all really think about what is at stake here, I am sure some of you arent happy with the greed, but have no intention of doing anything about it.....kinda like people that cry about there job every day but never look for another.The NFL is like a legal drug Lord knowing the fans are like crack addicts and will continue to pay top dollar....every wonder when the greed will end?

Not to change the subject but are any of you aware of the major media companies meeting on how to charge for internet use on all sites.........it is in the works right now on how to charge for lets say......watching a video of the skins game or a highlight of the superbowl, or to upload a picture....such as all of your signitures basicly they want mony for the bandwidth being used...they also want to charge a fee based on how far the information is traveling.........emails,downloads,messages etc.

yeah im sick of these dumb disputes but not to the extent of an NFL boycott (im a football addict what can i say). IMO you are overeacting and you're making it sound as if these 'greedy' owners and players are evil, but i kinda understand why you're frustrated

If this wont wake up the fans around the NFL nothing will.......the players and owners are way to big for there britches....lets stop and think about what they can not agrree on.....these Millionaires are upset over who is going to split the extra 4 billion.....guess where the 4 billion is comming from.......who is getting screwed here? I spend close to 5 grand on tickets every year and if this does not work itself out the redskins and the NFL can stick my season tickets and my Direct tv in there collective bargaining *****es!

I URGE ALL FANS TO SHOW HOW THEY FEEL AND START A LEAGUE WIDE BOYCOTT!!!!

I urge you to let go of your tickets so one of the 100,000 waiting can have them.

Spending time and money on pro football is a choice. Having said that, I'd love to see a bunch of people walking a picket line at FedEx holding signs saying 'My season tickets cost too much'.

All of sudden the owners and players wouldn't look so silly.

I urge you to let go of your tickets so one of the 100,000 waiting can have them.

Spending time and money on pro football is a choice. Having said that, I'd love to see a bunch of people walking a picket line at FedEx holding signs saying 'My season tickets cost too much'.

All of sudden the owners and players wouldn't look so silly.

Boy, are YOU in for a lonely season.

"THE LONE BOYCOTTER"!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Lets see here you complain that NFL players are greedy right? And you want to start a league wide boycott because of it correct?

1. In 10 years will you be able to go out and play with your kids and do all the

This is just a few examples of why these players try to get what they can and I see no problems with it personally.

HELLO? ??????????the problem lies within........the more us crack heads pay the more the drug lord wants.....your all so obsessed with a trophy that you dont care about looking at this as a fan of the game of football......you just want to brag about another superbowl.......you dont care about the integrity of the game or if Chris Samuels can walk in ten years.....

HELLO? ??????????the problem lies within........the more us crack heads pay the more the drug lord wants.....your all so obsessed with a trophy that you dont care about looking at this as a fan of the game of football......you just want to brag about another superbowl.......you dont care about the integrity of the game or if Chris Samuels can walk in ten years.....

I admire your spirit, but put things into perspective. The NFL is probably the best-managed pro sport of any consequence -- That is, Hockey and Soccer are great, but they can't even approach the popularity of MLB, the NBA and the NFL.

Put another way: If you want to get riled up about ripoffs and bratty rich athletes, boycott baseball! Try being a small-market MLB team fan!

The irony is that the NFL is more popular and successful than ever because of the prudent things they've done: Steroid and drug testing, revenue sharing, minimum salaries, salary caps, continual reassessment of rules, etc.

We, as the spoiled recipients of the Redskins' successes in capless years, may cry foul, but overall we must admit that the league overall is in much better shape. And, with no salary cap on expenditures such as coaching staffs (yet), there are many ways by which teams can still gain an edge through good old American capitalism ... without the small-market fans staging a revolt. :)

In other words, count your blessings and chill out.

HTTR!

My question is this. Why do people have issues with someone making money?

It seems as if there's a recurring post that I see on here, from time-to-time, and it's "Oh that athlete is rich, what is he so upset about? If I were making half that, I'd be okay with it.".

But you know what? These guys are providing a service, just like any one of us in our jobs. However, the particular service that they offer is in demand all the time, by millions of people. Prices are going to go up, just like in everything. It's called supply and demand. If prices get too ridiculous, then there'll be backlash, the NFL knows that. And to quote Jaxskins, prices haven't gone up too terribly.

Just because the players make a lot of money, in our eyes, there are a lot of things underlying that we may not be aware of. The players are getting smarter. Just like JaxSkins said, some end up being permanently damaged. Why? Because they wanted to bring joy to millions of people, and some of those same players didn't know how contracts work and ended up with virtually nothing in the end. These players have the right to go out and asked for a piece of the pie, whether they want too much is not for me to decide. But we have to realize that the Owners and the NFL is making money off of these guy's jerseys, and video games and people coming to see them work, etc.. And I have no problem with these guys wanting some of the money coming their way, it's only fair. If they use that money to provide for their entire family, and future generations, or if they want to use it on cars, houses and clothes is not up to me. But they deserve to be part if the gravy train, so to speak. Their careers could be over in a split second, and that big contract, that wasn't guaranteed, doesn't mean jack.

I'll give you a great example, my dad used to work in the music industry, he worked with everyone from Curtis Mayfield and the Impressions to Miles Davis. And I've seen, and heard stories about how a lot of these guys didn't know how to protect themselves and they signed these great big contracts (on the surface), only to find out that the money they were supposedly making, wasn't exactly coming their way. By the time they retired they didn't have much money to fall back on. That means their family was at a loss, and so were they. That's why you have guys from bands like P-Funk living in ****ty apartments in the worse neighborhood in Atlanta, while their music is still popular today.

I say all of that to get to this, these guys have to make sure their not getting screwed in the end. If you have a problem with them making some money, so be it. But I think you should look at the entire puzzle before you make your mind up based on one piece.

If this wont wake up the fans around the NFL nothing will.......the players and owners are way to big for there britches....lets stop and think about what they can not agrree on.....these Millionaires are upset over who is going to split the extra 4 billion.....guess where the 4 billion is comming from.......who is getting screwed here? I spend close to 5 grand on tickets every year and if this does not work itself out the redskins and the NFL can stick my season tickets and my Direct tv in there collective bargaining *****es!

I URGE ALL FANS TO SHOW HOW THEY FEEL AND START A LEAGUE WIDE BOYCOTT!!!!

I'm tired of all this unrest over the unrest with labor agreement. I am wholeheartedly against being against the CBA process. Therefore, I plan to boycott the boycott of the Skins. I may even boycott my own boycott if I feel up to it. I could even boycott my boycott of my boycott if I can still get a nap in.

:D

Seriously, it will all get worked out. The NFL will be fine and the Skins will be fine.

The funny thing here is as a fan of the game of football for over 30 years I see what is going on in the big picture......Sure all you fellow fans can bash every word i write, thats easy and I expect nothing less here......but if you all really think about what is at stake here, I am sure some of you arent happy with the greed, but have no intention of doing anything about it.....kinda like people that cry about there job every day but never look for another.The NFL is like a legal drug Lord knowing the fans are like crack addicts and will continue to pay top dollar....every wonder when the greed will end?

Not to change the subject but are any of you aware of the major media companies meeting on how to charge for internet use on all sites.........it is in the works right now on how to charge for lets say......watching a video of the skins game or a highlight of the superbowl, or to upload a picture....such as all of your signitures basicly they want mony for the bandwidth being used...they also want to charge a fee based on how far the information is traveling.........emails,downloads,messages etc.

At least you're not bitter.....

gibbsteam- I have heard about the internet charging plans too. It is ridiculous as we already have to pay for access. I also heard that the current internet could be replaced w/ a new internet that allows tighter restricions on what info is being displayed, and allow for greater government involvement. Back to the main topic. I am all for the NFL. Whether you like the pre-cap era, or the present, you can't say watching redskins games isn't enjoyable. As long as there is a Skins game on, I'll be happy. It's when there is a strike, that is when I will rally behind the boycotters (but even that depends on the situation)

hockey is just as hazardous as the nfl is.......................those sticks are sharp.

SORRY, THEY WILL GO BACK TO THE REDSKINS.....I WILL PAY 50 CENTS FOR THE MONDAY MORNING PAPER TO SEE WHO WON ALL THE SCAB GAMES BEING PLAYED

You knew what they were about LONG before this season. 1982 or 1987 sound familiar to you? Don't be such a doorknob. Be a fan or don't be a fan, but don't decide you're gonna quit the team & then pull a Jerry MacGuire & try to take the rest of us with you.

From here on out, I'm boycotting this thread.

You knew what they were about LONG before this season. 1982 or 1987 sound familiar to you? Don't be such a doorknob. Be a fan or don't be a fan, but don't decide you're gonna quit the team & then pull a Jerry MacGuire & try to take the rest of us with you.

From here on out, I'm boycotting this thread.

I see Snyder raised prices 39%....i think thats awesome.......perhaps he will pull down his zipper for the 92000 so you all can please him that way too......I laugh at you all...some of the same people that were bashing me for turning in my tickets are crying about the increases now....I Love it.......I SAY PAY EM ALL WHAT EVER THEY WANT CAUSE IT AINT MY MONEY ANYMORE!

dude you crack me up.....you remind me of randy quaid in major league 2 boycotting the indians until they got good again and wild thing came back, and he was all about it. have fun watching figure skating you toolbag.

You nailed it. :rotflmao: I wish the mods would add some Wild Thing music to this thread like in the movie.:helmet:

Archived