Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cap Trouble reported by NFL.com

Ravens777

yeah I don't know why articles are always listing Wynn as first to go

Because Wynn is:

a) scheduled to make a fair amount of annual salary for next year

B) has been on the team long enough, so his prorated signing bonus number is minimal, meaning....

c) cutting Wynn would lead to a lot more savings then cutting someone like say....Santana Moss.

The guys that got chopped for salary cap issues are players with long tenures and are at the end of the their deals that are reaching to big annual salary amounts. Teams can cut players and don't get cap charged for the annual salaries they left behind. But they do get the remaining prorated bonus number of that player accelerated into the current cap (or broken up if player is cut after June 1st) So, that means guys with relatively new deals with big bonuses aren't likely to be cut because there would be little if any cap savings if they did so. Guys like Portis, Moss, Samuels, Taylor, etc would probably cost money to cut. That's why articles like these that make like the Skins would have to purge all the talent on their roster is stretching the truth a bit.

A new CBA will be reached within the next 72 hours. I'll bet my 1st born son on it. The NFL will get it done one way or another, no one (Dan Snyder included) really wants the 06 season to be basically scrapped just so the NFL can turn into major league baseball. Yes, the thought of the Redskins spending cash like the Yankees and bullying around smaller market teams is tempting, but everyone knows what makes the NFL so popular - the competition. Right now the NFL is making more money than any sport has ever made in history, everybody's eating...I don't think any of the owners are going to mess with a good thing.

From what I have been hearing, the CBA is all but passed other than two very close points of negotiation. #1 The Players want 60% of total profit, the owners want it closer to 55 or 56%. #2 Small Market teams want total revenue sharing, teams such as the "Gang of 9" don't think they should have to share locally generated profits from things like the Redskinette's going to a boat show, ect.

These two issues will not bring about the armageddon of 06 that many in the media have been predicting. Cooler heads will prevail. These are tough negotiations, but the players, owners, Upshaw, and the Commish will get it done. Everybody's eating right now, the NFL has never been more popular, no one wants this thing to blow up.

From what I have been hearing, the CBA is all but passed other than two very close points of negotiation. #1 The Players want 60% of total profit, the owners want it closer to 55 or 56%. #2 Small Market teams want total revenue sharing, teams such as the "Gang of 9" don't think they should have to share locally generated profits from things like the Redskinette's going to a boat show, ect.

These two issues will not bring about the armageddon of 06 that many in the media have been predicting. Cooler heads will prevail. These are tough negotiations, but the players, owners, Upshaw, and the Commish will get it done. Everybody's eating right now, the NFL has never been more popular, no one wants this thing to blow up.

Umm just curious, where are you hearing this?

Inside info?

USA today?

Extremeskins.com? :laugh:

Please enlighten us

Well, if he allows the 06 team to be blown up because he doesn't want to share money with lower revenue teams, what would you say was the reason?

I would say he is smart for protecting his franchise long term. Everyone of us would do the same. Including you.

Archived