Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Drinking on the job

webnarc

Hell, when I was lobstering, it was the off day that I worked sober, I was always high or drunk, and usually both. . . but then again, being 18, and having the guy you worked for go through an ounce of pot every 2 days, so it was kind of hard to stay sober

it is all starting to make so much sense :silly:

My company laptop, yes.

Im in sales, so its ok. My company even reimburses me for bartabs.

I am drunk right now.

Thanks for the link...good info.

note to self: if ever in mclean, VA...go on business bar trip with bleaseblitz.

This is extra funny because RJ and I are in the same line of work. :laugh:

DRUNKARDS UNITE!

Okay. Even if it doesn't count. It was fun..in a scarey kind of way.

Bartending at Pop Jenks, a new bar in town ( and long since gone now). Locals were tired of the same old stuff in town and many of the er..more notorious bartenders, ahem, were working at the place. This combined for quite the busy place. I was a personal trainer during the day as well so I would usually get there for my shift within about 10 minutes, ( on the late side), of when I would start. 7 p.m. usually. Twice a week I worked with a good friend of min Chip. Local guy. Raised on mini bottle, ( 1.7 oz), and could just drink like nobody's business. At this time we were doing the metered system, ( 1 oz.). The only ones in town doing so. Anyway.

I'd show up late and Chip is working already and talking to some locals. He's look at me, look at his watch and tell me I was such and such late. Say 10 minutes. Therefore, I would have to do a penalty shot for each 5 mins. I of course, having to work at 6 am the next morning, would protest. He would then tell me that was another shot for whining about it. :doh: I'd look at the local customers and they would of course, support Chip. :mad: So, there I would be, 2 shots of JD and a Jaeger waiting on the bar. I'd do the shots and go into the back room to change shirts. I'd come back out and yep, 5 mins more late. Yep. One more penalty shot and of course I would whine and therefore, well...... 5 shots later now, I head behind the bar and Chip is holding a shooter and says; " Who loves ya?" 6.

And then we'd start drinking. ;) We, believe it or not, kicked ass in sales. And yep, this happened at least once a week. Twice if I really felt like whining. :silly:

Archived