Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins talking to the Jets about Abraham (Merged)

vegeta613

To my mind, the perfect deal would be Brunell, Betts, and a third rounder for Abraham, with maybe any of our receivers but Moss thrown in.

Brunell will not make it through next year and will cost us 5 million and Betts is an injury waiting to happen; also, offering the jets any of our receivers but Moss may sucker the jets into a lust for Patten or the notion that Taylor might make it after all. The third rounder is there just to sweeten the Pot.

Ramsey can start for us. If he fails, in goes Campbell; or the other way around. I don't care. I just don't want to see Brunell's inevitable fade. Randel El is bought with our savings from salaries from trades and other cuts.

We're got our DE, WR, and Third String QB/kR (Randle EL) and pick up a TE in the draft. Nemo or Rock replaces Betts.

We've got what we lack and the key to it all is dumping Brunell. Send your cards and letters to Redskin Park.

gibbs was quoted as saying that brunell had 2 more years left inhim... he is not going anywhere, i fear

gibbs was quoted as saying that brunell had 2 more years left inhim... he is not going anywhere, i fear

Dam Shally... all the guy ever did was march this team to the playoffs for the first time since '99 :)

I remember similar resentment for Brad Johnson. We didn't realize what we had until after he left.

As for Gibbs' comments, he didn't mention that Brunell would be the starter. ;)

if we got jonny, that would be amazing.. i would be thrilled to have him on the redskins...i would say, if we trade ramsey and a 2nd and 4th draft pick of NEXT yrs draft but we really need our 2nd this yr... but if WE MUST than i would forsure b/c jonnys great and i love him

~jake

Acquiring Abraham as a piece to our puzzle would be worth a very high price as a player LIKE that is the only obvious thing the defense lacks. I'd give up Ramsey and picks to get him, but, it is fair to say, the Jets aren't going to be hamstrung by a guy who clearly wants out, though, it is equally fair to say players have said they want out of other places only to wind up singing the praises of that place when their price is met :).

Acquiring Abraham as a piece to our puzzle would be worth a very high price as a player LIKE that is the only obvious thing the defense lacks. I'd give up Ramsey and picks to get him, but, it is fair to say, the Jets aren't going to be hamstrung by a guy who clearly wants out, though, it is equally fair to say players have said they want out of other places only to wind up singing the praises of that place when their price is met :).

In a way, a player mouthing off about how he is ready to move on affords that player a bit of leverage.

What it does is it lowers his trade value (because he doesn't want to be ther anymore) so that more teams might be interested in trading for said player.

What does Denver have to offer the jets besides draft picks? Just curious as to what they have to offer.

The Jets need to trade Pat for Abe straight up, they get a QB for under 2mil, not only do they free up the 8 mil Abe would count against the cap but it would also allow them to release Pennington which would save them another 5 Mil...so with this one move they ad a QB that has starting experience, they free themselves from two headaches, chad's arm and abe's attitude, and they also free up 13 Mil in cap space. Do it. My only concern is our cap, I know our contract people are wizards and all but I don't see this happening if the CBA is not extended.

Just Imagine Abraham coming around the corner with Lavar right behind him...damn

Danny needs to hire me to put these trades together

Archived