Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Article Tony K Was Referencing Today...(Merged)

richard saunders

http://www.nj.com/sports/ledger/index.ssf?/base/sports-0/1140587263176640.xml&coll=1

Nothing new, basically just speculation.

"According to someone with knowledge of the situation, several teams have expressed interest in trading for Abraham, including San Diego, Washington, Cleveland and Houston. Rumors have persisted that the Jets could get Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers or Redskins quarterback Patrick Ramsey in a trade involving Abraham.

Right now, Abraham is stuck with the Jets. If a team wants to acquire Abraham, it would have to give up two first-round picks. "

This is how these things get started... one place reports it (speculation? source?) then everyone else picks up the same story and no one knows where it really came from. To me, this is really no different than when everyone said we were going after T.O. Until, I hear something from the 'Skins front office, I'm not buying it.

Moot point now that the Chargers/Jets trade news has broken...

Another impact DE slips through our fingers...

And this a huge gamble by SD on Brees' shoulder, IMO. That is a serious injury. Their Defense will be sick though...

Uh...huh? Is this something new, or the same old stuff.

Here's the source of the rumor. I decided to start a new thread since so many had read the previous one that this might have gone unnoticed.

Newark Star-Ledger

Here's the rumor part:

According to someone with knowledge of the situation, several teams have expressed interest in trading for Abraham, including San Diego, Washington, Cleveland and Houston. Rumors have persisted that the Jets could get Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers or Redskins quarterback Patrick Ramsey in a trade involving Abraham.

This same article is referenced in the other Thread, so mods, if you want, remove this or merge it, but I just thought this article deserved more prominent attention.

Hail,

H

2 1st's just seems too steep of a price to acquire Abraham. I see him still being a Jet next season.

you are right about it being too steep a price... but it is also too steep for the jets who do not have cap room and didn't want to signhim to a long term deal last year.. they won't sign him long term this year.

they will make the best deal they can for him and ship him off

you are right about it being too steep a price... but it is also too steep for the jets who do not have cap room and didn't want to signhim to a long term deal last year.. they won't sign him long term this year.

they will make the best deal they can for him and ship him off

They also have him franchise tagged so he can play for them next season.

Archived