Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Stealth Prohibition-the Sin Tax

RLeVan

I'm just curious what everyone thinks about it. Obviously it's been around for quite some time and isn't restricted to alcohol. This tax was levied to modify social behaviour.

Looking at the catastrophic increase of obesity along with related health complications, should they be taxed as well? I've read far to many articles to mention about smokers and drinkers making health insurance rates go through the roof. To the point where companies are charging more money per year for employees that smoke, upwards of $200 per year. If it isn't paid, they lose their health insurance.

https://mysmokersrights.rjrt.com/servlet/StateInfo?stateCode=pa

that's a link to the percentage breakdown of where the tobacco money goes, in PA government gets 55% of revenue generated from a pack of smokes. Anyone else think that is crap?

Also the number of six packs that must be sold to equal the amount of taxes that are levied on one carton of smokes is 403! So for every pack of smokes you've got to buy 40 six packs for the same amount of tax revenue?

I don't smoke anymore but I do think that is crap...

I think tobacco should be taxed even more.

Guess that makes me a bad guy huh?

Is there a backup point or is that your opinion... I personally don't see how they can justify any more taxing on tobacco... I guess alcohol is the golden child of America's unhealthy habits.

Is there a backup point or is that your opinion... I personally don't see how they can justify any more taxing on tobacco... I guess alcohol is the golden child of America's unhealthy habits.

Alcohol rate is pretty high, it just haven't change for close to a decade. Personally i don't mind jacking up those rates also.

I think tobacco should be taxed even more.

Guess that makes me a bad guy huh?

Although it has been pointed out, smokers actually save the government money.

True, they tend to have higher medical bills, but they also tend to die sooner, therefore they collect less Social Security. (Saving the government more than what their health care costs.)

People that smoke cigs, pipes, cigars, chew? extra 2% on all medical tobacco..

People that eat at fast food more than once a week and are over the obese index? extra 2% on ALL sales tax of food/clothing/medical.

People born genetically unperfect: 10% increase in that particular field in medical and 5% on everything that falls under that in dependancy fields?

Blonde Hair/Blue Eyed people with <15% bmi and good Gattica % get 5% off everything with their nifty thrifty savings card?

(psst I fall in this category cept for weight and brown eyes but give me 4 weeks and some contacts...)

Pretty soon we'll just abort anyone that isnt perfect to just save all that money upfront. That'll fix everything ...

People that smoke cigs, pipes, cigars, chew? extra 2% on all medical tobacco..

People that eat at fast food more than once a week and are over the obese index? extra 2% on ALL sales tax of food/clothing/medical.

People born genetically unperfect: 10% increase in that particular field in medical and 5% on everything that falls under that in dependancy fields?

Blonde Hair/Blue Eyed people with <15% bmi and good Gattaca % get 5% off everything with their nifty thrifty savings card?

(psst I fall in this category cept for weight and brown eyes but give me 4 weeks and some contacts...)

Pretty soon we'll just abort anyone that isnt perfect to just save all that money upfront. That'll fix everything ...

That's a great idea... :applause: Someone go get me some blonde hair dye!!

Archived